It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we now know about Osama Bin Laden.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This has to be the most unbelievable follow up to Bin Laden's death. It sounds just like a bad movie script, Please go to the link, my cursor is problematic at the moment, and I am having difficulty with scripting.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
ed it on 1-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I managed to get this extract from the Huff,

"In an interview with Brian Williams of NBC News, Panetta said that the plan for the SEAL operation was to kill Bin Laden but that secondary plans were made would he have surrendered. "As part of their rules of engagement, if he suddenly put up his hands and offered to be captured then they would have the opportunity to capture him but that opportunity never developed."

Who wrote that up? why do they feel a need for that blether?
If they were sent to kill him, then that's what they did, end of story. Of course they could have disabled him, like they did his wife. No, in true heroic fashion, they were ordered to kill him if he didn't put his hands up, (it doesn't say that particular command, or any other was to be given) It's rubbish.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

I always thought we'd get him, and get him we did, and I don't expect to ever know the full facts about what went down.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Bin Laden died in December of 2001.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by smurfy

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

I always thought we'd get him, and get him we did, and I don't expect to ever know the full facts about what went down.

Frankly I see it differently, as you say, never knowing the full facts, could also include the "get him we did" part. There is no proof of anything.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Actually I meant to say that Tim Osman died in December of 2001....

www.google.com...=en&gs_nf=1&cp=6&gs_id=3j&xhr=t&q=tim+osman&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=tim+os&aq=0&aqi=g1g-s2g1&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&ba v=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=686201e7dfeb19d5&biw=1366&bih=636

I'm still fighting off some of the media brainwashing myself....
edit on 1-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: link change

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
Actually I meant to say that Tim Osman died in December of 2001....

www.google.com...=en&gs_nf=1&cp=6&gs_id=3j&xhr=t&q=tim+osman&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=tim+os&aq=0&aqi=g1g-s2g1&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&ba v=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=686201e7dfeb19d5&biw=1366&bih=636

I'm still fighting off some of the media brainwashing myself....
edit on 1-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: link change

You are probably trying to get that link to work, this one is for Tim Osman, in a field report or similar.

www.ecocidio.com.br...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Gee. The timing always seems impeccable when it comes to Bin Laden... always popping up at the right time... new documents just happen to surface right when particular people want the public to mark this date as Bin Laden's official death.

What I find curious is it seems, anecdotally, that a great portion of the american public isn't buying last year's extravaganza. Yet, the media is unabashedly asserting that this is the anniversary of Bin Laden's death. With no proof whatsoever. Just like how the media makes a direct correlation between 9/11 and Bin Laden with no proof. Like how the media presents him as the perpetrator of 9/11... with no proof. Yet these things are asserted as fact? And the public just goes along with it? It's really incredible.

Where are the news pieces that discuss the inconsistencies or the unanswered questions. Or, just get to the meat of it... that there is no proof. Investigative journalism much?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
another thing we know about osama bin laden is he was friends with the Bush family.

and was it osama's brother George W Bush was having a meeting with the time of 911 happened?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
osama's brother

I would sure love to see DNA evidence that ANY of the "Bin Laden's" are related to Tim Osman.

Or maybe they're all CIA (Mafia) operatives with false aliases.....

It's hard to imagine why Americans don't see a problem with the President of the United States, an oil tycoon, doing business with the Boogey-man's family, also a bunch of oil tycoons... and then the imbecile parrots on and on through his entire Presidency about how important it is for America to get off "foreign oil". Here we are still dependent on foreign oil.

Yeah, just keep watching American False Idol and eating KFC and drinking that Miller Lite..... nothing is wrong folks carry on.....

We told you we were gonna get that dude who was conducting Al-Qaeda from a cave (the guy who obviously has access to plenty of Grecian Formula since he keeps getting younger with each video) with his cellphone even though we have long had the technology to monitor every cellphone call in the world and pinpoint its location....
edit on 3-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
yes agree with the statement it was just like a moviereply to post by smurfy

yes i agree with the statement that his death was just like a movie

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How can you have a thread about Osama without mentioning the football spiking, Nobel Peace Prize winner that single handedly killed him?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How fortunate for the United States government waging this "war on terror" that Osam bin Laden was/is a Muslim who had to be buried according to Muslim law and that the U.S. didn't want his burial place to become a shrine to terrorism. This is why after his body was "positively identified" he was buried at sea.

Osama bin Laden, as those wacky gangster United States thugs like to say; "sleeps with the fishes".

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So now, AP's printing of the US goverment's release of information gathered at the compound, brings OBL up to date, well up to 2011. So that makes him not dead up to 2011 doesn't it ???

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Well it does say written and electronic mail, this will be worth looking at.

You can download the documents here,

www.ctc.usma.edu...

edit on 4-5-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

top topics

join