It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can objects from japan become durty dirty because of radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can objects from japan become durty dirty because of radiation?
Like book and stuff?
because i like to buy anime books and some of the warehouses the book are at are in japan.
I am worryed about ordering a book dury with radiation...
That would realy be bad.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by casioofnoon

Anything that would have been in contact with radioactive dust could be contaminated. To be clear, the object itself is not emitting radiation, the dust is. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy some from Japan, I wouldn't worry too much either.

food, now that's a whole other keg.
edit on 1-5-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
What about cars, tv, some sushi foods, etc, etc.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by casioofnoon

Most certainly. In fact there are now loopholes because of contamination, the used car industry doesn't have the same regulations as the new car industry. New cars have a limit of .3 uSv/hr, and some cars actually got stopped at the port. (99% sure its .3 for the limit. That's still freakin high.) That's not a good way to make money. Used cars don't have such a regulation and they are still shipping all over so if the receiving port doesn't notice they get sold as radioactive cars, like highly radioactive. (Anything above .1 is too much and I consider at or above .4 uSv/hr to be way over the limit.) There are other products that have been found to be radioactive. Bed, Bath, and Beyond had radioactive tissue holders made of steel or some metal. They contained cobalt-60 and might not be related to Fukushima, but there are other examples of radioactive goods being stopped or found out. Just search google. You should easily find the Russian port that found radioactive tires and others. It's really hit or miss for your comics or whatever you wanna buy. I'm super anti-nuclear, but I would probably still order something like that. If you can get access to a geiger counter, maybe even one that can measure alpha, it would be great for you to test it. Then you could reply back here with the results. lol I'm sure you could go to your local school or university to check your comic books with a geiger counter maybe even a scintillation counter!

new topics

top topics

join