It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's campaign youtube page shut down!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Right when you thought the media couldn't censor Ron Paul enough, it seems not even the internet is safe for him! My main source of the Ron Paul campaign along with thousands of others was shut down due to "copyright infringement". The page named RonPaul2008 as it was also used during his campaign in 2008. Are we really supposed to buy that?
I think all of us at ATS really know what's going on.

z6mag.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by toast317 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by toast317

Did you happen to read the reasons why as stated in the article you posted?

It seems that this account is not directly run or owned by the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign, “Restore America Now.” The channel was run by Ron Paul fans and often aggregated network TV appearances from news interviews and coverage from network Tv. It’s suprising the thousands of videos had lasted this long without DMCA requests directly to YouTube officials.

I am too surprised that your RP videos have gone on unchecked for many many years.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
How about you try his actual youtube channel and not something bogus as you posted at:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I find it absolutely pathetic that these media companies can call copyright infringement when these videos should be covered under fair use since it is for education purposes and many are edited like Moxnews. Blocking news clips??? It's absolutely outrageous and just more evidence of how ridiculous copyright law has gotten. Don't tell me these people lose any money from their news clips being on youtube. How is this not covered under fair use?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Your link doesn't work. It comes up saying the video is not available. It doesn't say anything about DMCA notices or copyright infringement though.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
works for me....

go to youtube and type in RON PAUL CHANNEL

That is his actual official youtube channel.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillThePoor

I find it absolutely pathetic that these media companies can call copyright infringement when these videos should be covered under fair use since it is for education purposes and many are edited like Moxnews. Blocking news clips??? It's absolutely outrageous and just more evidence of how ridiculous copyright law has gotten. Don't tell me these people lose any money from their news clips being on youtube. How is this not covered under fair use?

OK, but thousands of RP supporters flooding the comments section and making their own crappy edited videos of other candidates is fair? What exactly is your definition of fair? Moxnews should just get pulled as well. I used it to watch the debates, and I am sure they did lose money from people who watched it therelike me! RP campaign rhetoric is hardly considered news videos, in my book.
edit on 1-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
How about you try his actual youtube channel and not something bogus as you posted at:

www.youtube.com...

I'll give you one reason. The RonPaul2008 page uploaded 2-3 videos every 2-3 days of real time videos. Not just some tribute videos or what have you. Meaning interviews that day/week etc. The RonPaul2012 uploads 1 every two weeks or so. The campaign knew very clearly about the RonPaul2008 youtube page, as the subscribers there out numbered his "official" page.
They knew about it and enjoyed the information being spread easier. If they really were concerned about it, they would have stopped them a LONG time ago.

EDIT: Not to mention, when you would search "Ron Paul" in the search bar, the RonPaul2008 would pull up first all the time. I didn't even know about the RonPaul2012 channel before it was linked here. You really think no one at the Ron Paul campaign ever searched "Ron Paul" on youtube?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by KillThePoor

OK, but thousands of RP supporters flooding the comments section and making their own crappy edited videos of other candidates is fair? What exactly is your definition of fair? Moxnews should just get pulled as well. I used it to watch the debates, and I am sure they did lose money from people who watched it therelike me! RP campaign rhetoric is hardly considered news videos, in my book.
edit on 1-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

This isn't about who you like or what the videos contain. I can see in your signature that you're anti-Ron Paul and that's 100% okay. However, keep your personal views on the subject out, and focus on the issue of campaign sites being shut down.
If they can do it to Ron Paul, they can do it to whoever you like. You have to look at it with an open mind. Even if this was for Romney or Obama, I would still be against it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317

This isn't about who you like or what the videos contain. I can see in your signature that you're anti-Ron Paul and that's 100% okay. However, keep your personal views on the subject out, and focus on the issue of campaign sites being shut down.
If they can do it to Ron Paul, they can do it to whoever you like. You have to look at it with an open mind. Even if this was for Romney or Obama, I would still be against it.

I haven't said anything anti-paul in my response. I only mentioned stuff that RP supporters are doing, and asking what they think is fair. Because I consider spamming every political news article with at least one Ron Paul 2012 slogan or video comments on Youtube unfair. And yet they expect Youtube to treat them fairly???

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
wow

they should of added the fair use 'educational' clause most videos have when they post clips from the news and what-not.

thats where they got em I think.

its just one channel though. there are many others like it!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well i gotta say one or two things (and maybe a third! lol).

First is Fair use, which is, regardless of what JJF said, just that in the sense that it is not a work of art in the sense that its for Education (educating everyone on the current events)

Then, one thing that is that I had a video that i made a long time ago that was a GTA multiplayer video with songs from the bands coal chamber, dragonforce, and the game's radio playing as well. It got muted a few years back by WMG, when it was only a little video that had maybe 200-300 views from my game forum co-members. So i got mad because i didn't have the file on my pc anymore but was like o well. went back the other day and i don't know when it got unmuted, but it made me happy since i was proud of its quality and timing.
www.youtube.com...

I put the link alone because when it got unmuted, you will notice the little ad for one of the songs used. SO my whole theory on that is, after seeing that it was technically fair use (i didn't use the full song and was not claiming it as my own), they were understanding and unmuted it.

So considering what happened to my video, why did they do this to the RP channel? it really doesn't make sense. My videos were always there on Youtube, just muted.

I wonder if they are just suspended or deleted entirely?

One more thing tho, People spam alot. i see it alot. Ron paul people are just exercising their right to A, vote in polls available to them, and B, to promote who they think should be president (the fact that he's the only one who isn't going to sell us further out is beside the point
). To say that they took this down because people "spammed" alot would be ludicrous. We all know that the WORST ron paul "spammer" is still not as active as the laziest youtube racist troll, obama troll, or just all around A-hole troll.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Lynexon because: one more thing

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience

www.youtube.com...

What he posted wasn't bogus. If you had read the article you would have seen the site that was shut down was RonPaul2008. The guy started the page during Paul's last campaign and kept it alive.

Maybe FOX finally got tired of him using their newscasts.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I haven't said anything anti-paul in my response. I only mentioned stuff that RP supporters are doing, and asking what they think is fair. Because I consider spamming every political news article with at least one Ron Paul 2012 slogan or video comments on Youtube unfair. And yet they expect Youtube to treat them fairly???

So let me understand...you feel that because there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters online, who comment on other candidates videos saying "Ron Paul 2012!" or something, justifies getting their #1 video source shut down, meanwhile ALL candidates have supporters who do that.
Not to mention the biggest thing of it all...RON PAUL GETS IGNORED BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Where else are his supporters supposed to go? If there were a big news channel for independents and the like, i doubt there would be so many Ron Paul supporters trolling other videos.

This is just what happens when a big group of people only have one place to go.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Exactly, you guys can still get your "information" from many, many, many places.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynexon
Well i gotta say one or two things (and maybe a third! lol).

First is Fair use, which is, regardless of what JJF said, just that in the sense that it is not a work of art in the sense that its for Education (educating everyone on the current events)

Then, one thing that is that I had a video that i made a long time ago that was a GTA multiplayer video with songs from the bands coal chamber, dragonforce, and the game's radio playing as well. It got muted a few years back by WMG, when it was only a little video that had maybe 200-300 views from my game forum co-members. So i got mad because i didn't have the file on my pc anymore but was like o well. went back the other day and i don't know when it got unmuted, but it made me happy since i was proud of its quality and timing.
www.youtube.com...

I put the link alone because when it got unmuted, you will notice the little ad for one of the songs used. SO my whole theory on that is, after seeing that it was technically fair use (i didn't use the full song and was not claiming it as my own), they were understanding and unmuted it.

So considering what happened to my video, why did they do this to the RP channel? it really doesn't make sense. My videos were always there on Youtube, just muted.

I wonder if they are just suspended or deleted entirely?

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but another BIG youtube channel who got shut down for the same thing a while back had about a 1,000 videos. It was deleted entirely, and not just suspended. He is slowly uploading all of his videos along with new ones again. While I don't really like him anymore, and no longer subscribed, his name is choson ninja.
So seeing how even though he had 1,000 videos and just 1 was in violation so everything was lost, the Ron Paul channel doesn't seem to have much hope :/

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Exactly, you guys can still get your "information" from many, many, many places.

Yes we can. I'm not saying "Oh noez the Ron Paul campaign is forever doomed!!!!1!11!" or anything like that... but this was his #1 source for videos and interviews etc. It's just like the campaign took an arrow to the knee. Still alive, but hurt.

EDIT: I wonder if anyone here will get that arrow reference...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
MAde this yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So let me understand...you feel that because there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters online, who comment on other candidates videos saying "Ron Paul 2012!" or something, justifies getting their #1 video source shut down, meanwhile ALL candidates have supporters who do that.

You are changing the topic. I am talking about the RP spammers. Just look at any news article even non-campaign/election ones and you will see them there. You cannot deny that all of the RP supporters are good people who just support their candidate. There are many RP spammers, and I have seen them on this site as well. They just post RP 2012 and that's it! How is that useful or even fair?

If there were a big news channel for independents and the like, i doubt there would be so many Ron Paul supporters trolling other videos. This is just what happens when a big group of people only have one place to go.

Are you kidding me with this? You are actually supporting the trolls! And BTW if you hadn't noticed, YouTube is the place people point to for independent news.... What exactly is your definition of independent videos then? If you don't think Youtube is that place, you seriously need to learn some things about how the internet works!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You are changing the topic. I am talking about the RP spammers. Just look at any news article even non-campaign/election ones and you will see them there. You cannot deny that all of the RP supporters are good people who just support their candidate. There are many RP spammers, and I have seen them on this site as well. They just post RP 2012 and that's it! How is that useful or even fair?

If there were a big news channel for independents and the like, i doubt there would be so many Ron Paul supporters trolling other videos. This is just what happens when a big group of people only have one place to go.

Are you kidding me with this? You are actually supporting the trolls! And BTW if you hadn't noticed, YouTube is the place people point to for independent news.... What exactly is your definition of independent videos then? If you don't think Youtube is that place, you seriously need to learn some things about how the internet works!

For your first point, I'm not saying it's useful! haha. I'm saying all candidates have people like that...just don't feed them. I don't see what that has to do with them deserving to have their #1 source of videos and news shut down.

Secondly, I'm talking about TV. When all Ron Paul supporters have to stick to the internet, while only some Romney supporters or whatever have you, go to the internet, of course you're going to find more Ron Paul supporters trotting around. But Romney has TV STATIONS to go to, and gets media attention from many other places...
You kind of have to expect to come across people spamming Ron Paul stuff. Just take it with a grain of salt. It's not constructive most of the time I agree, but that's what you're going to get in Ron Paul turf.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join