It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with pride?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by smithjustinb

I think the confusion comes in school when our english teacher tell us that our paragraphs must be 5 sentences long, and also you can't start a sentence with And or But, another common false teaching.

You mean....... I'm a victim ? On two counts even ? I have always struggled with that and but crap and it's a false teaching ?

That's beyond cruel. Damn it ! I'm taking your word on that one and tomorrow I'm going back to school and reem every teach I ever had. You got me all bent now.

haha someone definitely should. Just another example of the level of control being executed on the sheeple by TPTB. Of course this conspiracy would be revealed on ATS.

Fat chance that any of them are even alive anymore ! I graduated in 77 with all the pride and confidence in public school myths. What else do I need to forget ? God this is horrible I can't even get revenge !

edit on 1-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

You could always call your congressman. But he's probably in on it too, so you might not want to make yourself a target.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You could always call your congressman. But he's probably in on it too, so you might not want to make yourself a target.

My good man, we are ATS !

Orange spray paint couldn't make a bigger target !

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

My good man, we are ATS !

Orange spray paint couldn't make a bigger target !

lol.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Pride starts with a misconception of self; an illusion, and ends with violence and corruption. Yes, I know, people will reject this notion. They brush off the sages and wise men who have been saying things like this for thousands of years, as if they are more wise then them. Why? It is obviously pride, and ironically so. They defend pride because they are proud of their beliefs,

Luckily science is making large strides in the area. Soon it will be (scientifically) irrefutable that there is no doer of action, thus nothing to feel pride or shame about. But I suppose some of you will still cling to your precious erroneous beliefs.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is absolutely nothing wrong with pride. You can have pride and still love the world and others around you , and probably even BETTER because if you believe you have STRENGTH then that will give you the extra boost when helping others.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
pride is everything to true existence reasons and ends

yes pride is rejected absolutely in pointing pride only to gods superiority

as if an existing individual who must conceive itself one constantly while struggling with all else present denying its existence rights forced to stay objective even if he doesnt want, is not a superior thing much more superior then any god

how dare u mean to point constant decisions and objective handle as inferior fact, who are u to dare mean that, mean it to urself out of everything, if things constancy are inferior then they dont exist

and that is what u mean piece of creepy god lovers, insinuating constanly creations and ur creation and everyone creation, cretins
wat creations piece of freaks

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

u all hate truth anyways, bc u hate real efforts for least recognition of what is right and superior fact freely without expecting anything from while it forces u to do the same

that is how u hate the word proud, that word which is clearly the opposite of ego, empty of everything but then plenty of its own value conscious
No u want it to stay empty absolutely, it is not u that decide for any, u r the nothing u mean to any, go to hell

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
What's wrong with being proud of who and what you are and what you've done? I personally believe pride is healthy as long as you don't become so proud that you believe you and your creations are superior to anyone else and their creations.

What's wrong with pride?

Pride can only goeth before the fall if you think it can be used as a form of power.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is the pride that is attached and inflates the ego that is a problem, not the,"I did a good job!" kind.

When pride begins to make you feel like you are above and better than anyone else, then THAT is the pride that damages you. Or rather it damages those around you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

What's wrong with pride?

Pride places you in a state of illusion that you are somehow separate from what we understand to be the universe; to think that I am significant, and to believe that I have somehow done something of note is false. If who I am had never existed.. what does that effect? Nothing. We are simply put: the cells that regenerate of the larger organism, the earth. Even that is an illusion, as the Earth is more like an organ with cells regenerating on it. It expands out into the reality that the universe is the true organism. How can this process that is so insignificant be of any worth to have pride in?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zaonez

who told u all that crap?? r u meaning urself in being proud?? how do u know wat another is thinking out of the universe so surely out of u

wat prove the evil u r, is that insistence to mean urself being bothered by smthg that couldnt bother u

even if someone or ones are nothing out of the universe or watever u call being what matter, while they still act as if they matter, how does it bother u?? they are free if that make them be well

pride is said wrong from acts of some against others as superior to, but then it is not pride, it is simply wat everyone do clearly taking advantage of else or others to do nothing himself, so there is no the least present of object pride before meaning being proud alone

it is a whole concept for god, as god in all religious minds is the word judging people beings of satan the proud

why dont u try to reach ur love god in positive ways of ur being, instead of reaching him through that miserable word of him, words are dead so forever, keep it to the last chance, u have days infront of u try smthg alive first, when u dont mean anything else

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

n why the universe will be more important then any individual freedom??

from which stand exactly mister are u having that perspective??

how do u know that universe is more important heh??? u r the universe or universe told u?? u have very serious relations with universe now??

if u mean that universe is more important then u, then ok give it all u want from ur pocket, how do u use others as projecting being the same when u r defining them ur opposite??

seriously u should get another job

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ok, I think I see where you are coming from in your clarification post.

Yes, what I am saying is the universe is more than just I.. yet I am a part of it. This entire 'being' is a miracle.. if the word can be used. I see the universe as an organism, made up of particles.. much like us, in that we are all in this infinite state of being together, as one.

You mad much though?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

ATTENTION: Stay on Topic and Stop the Drama

This thread's posters are now under the watchful eyes of the Moderators. Stay on topic, quit the finger-pointing, quit the name-calling, quit baiting and trolling. If you feel you can not discuss the topic in a civil manner then get out and go somewhere else.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

edit on 5/1/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaonez

Yes, what I am saying is the universe is more than just I.. This entire 'being' is a miracle..

quantity is opposite to quality, what is absolutely right is one, while what is not right is many relative to right reality concept being existing

so what is more is the opposite of being important, u claim being part of universe instead of being urself freedom value bc u mean to be opposed to quality in enjoying quantity force present powers superficially to support urself constant means in being well

there is no being when being dies, while there is no value to any shape, ur perspective is not objective at all

it shows how u as subject free energy is using ur body abilities to be, so u must value it and all what u see in order to pretend being the u that didnt do any of while exclusively of being

any is absolute term bc any is individual value, so a thing is only its objective absolute fact being one

then any one absolute value is individual freedom superiority, which certify the value by being totally free from all so only it, alone constant

then any free individual independant point, is true reality of absolute perfections as one perfect point, wether of its existence individual realisations or freedom individual reality

everyone is of course free to be well by everything else and call itself being true, but noone has any right in meaning itself being all

else is a crucial concept bc individuality is true value

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Pride and being proud are two different things. Pride is an inward sense of self status, it is arrogance. So in pride you are thinking of yourself, and being proud you are thinking of accomplishment for specific reason - different neurotransmitters. It is also a spiritual thing, like an atheist would have more pride because they do not have a higher power to humble them. That is why I get so turned off when I see girl who has pride - a woman is supposed to sooth a man by her love in nature, when you see she has pride it is the opposite and she only has love for herself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join