It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS 'Protesters' (Possible plants) Calling For Violence Today on May Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Mr Headshot

we've known about today? I didn't know they were going to shoot themselves in the foot by tossing out these threats.

so irresponsible. I just lost more respect for the movement.

and obviously you are 100% sure that these messages are actually from serious OWS protestors, and NOT PROVOCATEURS trying to box the group into "terrorist", so that brutal force and jail time will be acceptable to the general public.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

no i am not sure - I am looking for video but when you have a group of tweeters stating the same thing in different context then yes it seems more true than it does being false.

im trying to find video of this... also the NYPD sent out a memo warning about this. so there is some truth to it.

I really hope its false but... I don't know yet. its still a developing story.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OWS aren't calling for violence, it's an attempt to discredit the movement, or just the usual bunch of idiots. This should help : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

again ill say this

I hope its not true... I also hope whoever is chanting this and trying to cause a riot is weeded out... tossed out of the group... and never allowed to return.

Things a few people do will cause the whole group pain.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Woah.. What happened to the organization they were supposed to be putting together?? I could have sworn I read an article about them actually stopping riots and come up with a solid plan and take advantage of those numbers............. Well, I suppose it didn't say in a non-violent manner.. I can't remember what I read, it was a few months ago. I wonder if this is the plan.

It's bound to fail.

hmm...protests against obama by the right-wing tea party...no problem.... 99%'ers protesting against the 1%' ers, RIOTS!, MAYHAM!, VIOLENCE!, DOMESTIC TERRORISTS!!!

i'm shocked...(yawn)...just shocked!!!!....zzzzzzzzzz

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

again ill say this

I hope its not true... I also hope whoever is chanting this and trying to cause a riot is weeded out... tossed out of the group... and never allowed to return.

Cool, am totally in agreement with you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

1:35pm: Police attacked the Wildcat March as it was beginning. Many people shoved, tackled, arrested.
1:30pm: Tom Morello and the #Guitarmy tuning up for 2pm march! Large crowd is already in Bryant Park. The Wildcat March has also began. According to Twitter reports: Approx 100 bicyclists blocking traffic at intersections on Houston St & Chrystie St.
1:27pm: Oakland anti-capitalist march surrounding entrance to a Wells Fargo as riot police protect it. March converging on 22 & Telegraph (Oakland).
1:22pm: @OccupyWallStNYC: An amazing and spirited crowd here at Bryant Park! Come down. We march to Union Square at 2pm!
1:15pm: Police are attacking nonviolent anti-capitalist march in Oakland. Watch live. Cops in a dune-buggy like vehicle charged into the march, running into people and running over the foot of Iraq War veteran Scott Olsen (who was shot in the head last fall). Helicopters are overhead. Marchers are dancing in an intersection, chanting ¨this is a peaceful protest!¨

straight from the OWS website. police are trying to block the wildcat march.

OWS website

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, I just got up so I haven't had a chance to see everything yet, but MSM and primary index sites aren't showing much to do about anything for big events today. It seems the "Big Shutdown" is a 'Big Letdown'....but then most of Occupy's threats have been like Anon anyway. BIG bark and the bite of a poodle.

This is the way to be taken as a joke. It works, too.

This is NOT the way to be taken seriously by anyone outside the movement. If Occupy says something, keep it within what CAN be done or even the little boy who cried wolf will come to roll his eyes when Occupy people speak about another big thing they're dreaming of doing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Instead of violence, all OWS (FLEA Party) members should be called upon to take showers.

That would definitely make the world a better (and cleaner) place.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I edited the title to match up with what im currently looking at.

Looks like its just a handful of people calling for it... be it plants or people being stupid... this can still go horribly wrong.

dont fall for it ows!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Violence won't solve anything but label them as terrorists. I won't support them anymore.

What is it with peaceful protests that can't stay peaceful?

Why can't the leaders of the movement be more careful about who they screen to be part of their protest?

This is just stupid.

What do you think happens when peaceful protest is met with violence?

For me this is a natural progression of things. Do you not remember the words of JFK? "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".

Fact is, OWS started out very peacefully and they were met with violence. So when you ask why can't peaceful protest remain peaceful? I have to ask you, what do you expect when others make peaceful protest impossible?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

This has been forced by TPTB.

The OWS started out peacefully. They even remained peacefull well after they were met with violence, unprovoked violence at that!

Nobody listened to MLK when he used peaceful protest, they didn't start bending to the will of the people until there were riots in the streets.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

again ill say this

yes i know...i just remember the types of messages put out against Obama, online and in public...and you didn't see the type of police mobilization and the "cracking of heads" that i know is going to happen somewhere...imagine if the OWS protestors had open-carry gun permits and carried side-arms to these rallies like the right-wingers did to democratic rallies in the near past?...you think the police would let them just wander around?...no way...they'd have them on the ground in handcuffs in the blink of an eye.
edit on 1-5-2012 by jimmyx because: context

edit on 1-5-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

If this is a tactic to get more attention... then they are stupid for doing it. You dont openly threaten to kill cops and people and expect no blowback.

I don't want to hear them cry today when they get their butt's handed to them by riot police. They will get whats coming to them. Tossing out threats like that... is not a great way to get more attention.

Ok, here's the deal. Look out across the sea of humanity getting their asses stomped by police and notice how many are carrying weapons or using improvised weaponry. If this plays out like I think it will, the OWS crowd will not be using weapons. The OWS is infiltrated by instigators who are trying to make them appear worse than they are.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sounds like the communist radicals have taken over this one. May Day is the traditional day of communist parades and such. Immigration rallies for illegals have been held on this day as well. I would expect to see Che Guevara being sported at these events. They ruined Tea Parties with stupid signs too, as well as thuggish outbursts.
edit on 1-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Cops make arrests, investigate suspicious packages in citywide OWS May Day protests Read more: www.nypost.com...

Cops arrested at least four people marching across the Williamsburg Bridge as thousands of other Occupy Wall Street protesters spread out across New York for a series of May Day demonstrations.

But the NYPD was also investing a series of suspicious items mailed to multiple office building and city landmarks that are believed to be linked to the protests.

"They were walking from the Manhattan side towards Brooklyn," said a friend of the quartet of protesters busted on the Williamsburg Bridge.

"Cops told them that they were 'walking the wrong way' and they had to turn around. So they said forget that and they tried to push through. So they were arrested for that."

Read more: www.nypost.com...

Really hoping those packages are unrelated to OWS... if so... they are just going to self-destruct themselves... and (Yes i do think its a high chance) that those letters/packages are/were planted there on purpose to discredit them today.

edit on 5/1/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

What do you think happens when peaceful protest is met with violence?

For me this is a natural progression of things. Do you not remember the words of JFK? "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable".

Fact is, OWS started out very peacefully and they were met with violence. So when you ask why can't peaceful protest remain peaceful? I have to ask you, what do you expect when others make peaceful protest impossible?

TEA Party started out peaceful and remained that way. Any excuse for the behavior of the OWS (FLEA Party) crowd is just that, an excuse.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I watched a major part of the NYC protest online and for the most part it seemed very calm and not any violence. The meetup at Union Square with 5000+ people was great to see too. A lot of different unions spoke to the crowd, and even Immortal Technique put on a great show. It wasn't just a bunch of young people there either; very diverse group. I was impressed by what I saw. All those people, and it seemed to be under control.

Oakland on the other hand turned out to be a disaster. Around 400-500 protesters filled the streets, and it seemed all they wanted to do was find cops to yell at. They were very aggressive and I was glad to see the police shut it down, for the most part, before it got out of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join