It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Information Czar Confronted Over "Ban Conspiracy Theories" Paper

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Obama Information Czar Confronted Over "Ban Conspiracy Theories" Paper

www.infowars.com

Information Czar Cass Sunstein told a crowd gathered at he NYU Law School in NYC yesterday that he has little recollection of writing a 2008 paper that called for a ban on conspiracy theorizing.

“I’ve written hundreds of articles and I remember some and not others.” Sunstein replied, denying that he has a firm recollection of the paper.

“I may agree with some of the things I have written but I’m not exactly sure. I focus on what my boss wants me to do.” Sunstein said, intimating that he wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So he wrote the papers, now he doesn't remember and then tries to pass the blame saying he's only following orders.

Odd.....

I guess nobody gives their opinions these days, everyone is just following orders.

But does this mean that they won't be banning controversial thought?

I'm guessing it's bound to come some time or another, I just hope that it's not anytime soon.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So, that sniveling little weasel "doesn't remember" writing a paper a mere 4 years ago? With such outrageous and blatant disregard for the first amendment and the right of American citizens to express dissent against the government, he doesn't remember advocating for such B.S.??

Naturally an elitist swine such as himself cannot remember what he was made to write, no matter how insane it was. Sure. Perfectly believable.

I often question how people such as this can sleep at night, until I remember that psychopaths have no trouble sleeping, because they don't have a conscience or a moral compass.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Dont ask questions..... all MSM is the truth. accept this truth, pay your taxes, and be a good sheep. everything will be ok, we are the goverment, and we are here to help.

sarc/ off

edit on 1-5-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The paper can be downloaded here.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

While I normally, quietly disapprove, remain reserved of name calling. I simply cannot find any fault in what you have written.

While I watched the video, before reading your comment, my thoughts wandered towards the same labeling identifications when the camera close up occurred at 1:30. Although, I attest that I am tainted with a strong distaste for things politician.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

I reserve name-calling for those who truly deserve it.....And this guy truly deserves it.

I am using what is left of my first amendment rights to do it, too.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I love the "I just do what Im told"

Thats the classic excuse of nazi A-holes isn't it?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The name of the game in Washington for nearly 200 years has always been called "Pass the Buck". This is nothing new to me.

You know it's a rotten world you live in when you can ask a simple question and what comes out of their mouths is an instant lie.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Amen, it is. It's called not being able to take responsibility for your wicked deeds. So it's "oh it's not MY fault i killed 30 people and shoved them into a massgrave, it was all his idea!". This is tantamount to being tried in court for murder and then claiming "the devil made me do it".

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
But the video might be very telling too
This "Czar" may have nothing to do with that document
He very well may have just been following orders

He even said he might agree with some things he wrote and he might not agree with some other things he wrote

Sounds like he's just a proxy
If he's telling the truth that is

See this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

I think we need to bring back the Nuremberg trials.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That is what happens when you have a bunch of corporate liberals rather than true progressives or revolutionaries in government. Center-Left is almost as bad as center-right. Corporate masonic pawns all of them enabled by the private federal reserve.

Thanks for the thread. I guess this time we got a little bit of truth from someone's mouth rather than total lies......

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
"Can't remember" you say?
Better give that man a urine test as I'm pretty sure he's been off in green pastures.
Pretty sorry excuse for a public official given his views on free speech and the 2nd amendment.
(both of which he refuses to concede are "rights" but rather as privileges the government can give or take at will)
Such control freaks as Mr. Sunnstein are the epitome of today's University intellectuals who feel entitled to rule due to their superior intellect.
Better pray he doesn't get on the Supreme Court.
Scarecrow indeed.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
"Can't remember" you say?
Better give that man a urine test as I'm pretty sure he's been off in green pastures.
Pretty sorry excuse for a public official given his views on free speech and the 2nd amendment.
(both of which he refuses to concede are "rights" but rather as privileges the government can give or take at will)
Such control freaks as Mr. Sunnstein are the epitome of today's University intellectuals who feel entitled to rule due to their superior intellect.
Better pray he doesn't get on the Supreme Court.
Scarecrow indeed.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

As I said it's called treason. People like this guy need to be on trial for being a traitor to this Republic. This isn't going to stop until we start enforcing the law of the land and that is the Constitution.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The document is posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/1/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I did not know that he wanted to ban conspiracy theories. I thought what he wanted was to infiltrate the milieu of conspiracy theorists, then to divide and conquer?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Taken from the abstract for the paper:

Such (conspiracy) theories typically spread as a result of identifiable cognitive blunders, operating in conjunction with informational and reputational influences. A distinctive feature of conspiracy theories is their self-sealing quality. Conspiracy theorists are not likely to be persuaded by an attempt to dispel their theories; they may even characterize that very attempt as further proof of the conspiracy. Because those who hold conspiracy theories typically suffer from a crippled epistemology, in accordance with which it is rational to hold such theories, the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups.

Let's analyze this, just for fun
:

cognitive blunders:
Cognition =

a faculty for the processing of information, applying knowledge, and changing preferences

So basically saying conspiracy theorists misinterpret/misapply info which I think most can agree does happen from time to time but not to the degree he might believe.

informational and reputational influences:
No links here but what I believe he is saying is info overload and/or people using their reputation as proof for their info are a big influence in conspiracies, but again he overestimates their importance to the critical thinker.

self-sealing quality:
I think he means a kind of self-proving theory kind of thing which doesn't really apply to most conspiracies IMHO.

crippled epistemology:
Epistemology =

The study of knowledge or understanding

Basically an incomplete/incorrect understanding of the info available I think.

cognitive infiltration of extremist groups:
Psyops against dissident/confrontational groups of individuals.

As an admittedly amateur conspiracy theorist since about 2002 I find this extremely hostile towards anyone/group with a different theory than the mainstream. Voicing our opinion is what this country is supposed to be about. Hasn't been for a while though

edit on 5/1/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The government is noticing that when they lie to the citizenry, a small percentage of them for some reason know they're being lied to. (Grrr...) Then they tell others and before you know it more and more people become aware of the deception. Worst case scenario is these people might try to stop the lies. Oh my we can't have that! Better hurry up and criminalize doubt.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
BS excuse to save face, nothing more.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join