It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the stars in the sky brighter and more clear to you now than years back?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
It seems to me that just in the last year or so, the stars in the sky are noticeably clearer and brighter than they have been in the past. Has anybody else noticed this?

Not at all. I mean, not even close, though I attribute it to my eyesight. I'll see just the brightest (and not many of them). Then I have to squint to see any others. Sad too because I remember the sky being filled with stars when I was a kid.
edit on 5/1/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by fourthmeal

i have the answer for your mystery...

are you ready?....

what you are noticing as "brighter stars" .... AREN'T in fact stars...

nope... what you are seeing is satellites ... plain and simple... the REAL stars are the still the very faintly lit dots in the sky, the new bright star looking objects that occupy our night sky are nothing more than satellites, thousands of them to be exact, they appear to be bright like stars because they are much closer to our orbit

sorry to crush you dreams

How come we can't ( I can't anyway) see them moving?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My guess is that he is referring to Geo-stationary orbiting satellites.

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by k1k1to

i have the answer for your mystery...

are you ready?....

what you are noticing as "brighter stars" .... AREN'T in fact stars...

nope... what you are seeing is satellites ... plain and simple... the REAL stars are the still the very faintly lit dots in the sky, the new bright star looking objects that occupy our night sky are nothing more than satellites, thousands of them to be exact, they appear to be bright like stars because they are much closer to our orbit

sorry to crush you dreams

How come we can't ( I can't anyway) see them moving?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think the level of light polution in your area has been decreased. As the light in your field of view is reduced the stars in the sky become brighter. Example. In the country/remote areas the night sky is "lit up" as opposed to in the city where only the closest constalation can be seen.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If anything I'd say they're more faint and almost non-existent than ever in my area. Although my eyesight has been getting worse over the years too so /shrug

edit:

reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, exactly this. I'm 100% the same as you.
edit on 2/5/12 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by surewhynot
I think the level of light polution in your area has been decreased. As the light in your field of view is reduced the stars in the sky become brighter. Example. In the country/remote areas the night sky is "lit up" as opposed to in the city where only the closest constalation can be seen.

, this is pretty much what is lit up every night. The light pollution stays the same, and it is extreme. It's Vegas.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

whoa! i have been noticing that as well!

stars seem WAY brighter than usual!

i remember just a few years ago, the stars were much harder to see!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by fourthmeal

Sorry, but no. Been watching the sky for 40 years. Other than moderate light pollution where I'm at I have not seen a difference in my viewing. Sorry to say, but your thread here is based on ignorance, and given the ability to learn almost anything now days at a moments notice, I think your ignorance is willful.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

id have to say no, but thats because i lived, at first, out in the suburbs than slowly moved closer to the city.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Must agree as I've been observing the stars for near 60 years from a variety of locations and light pollution in the 'big smoke' has made it progressively harder to discern the fainter objects but far out in the open unpopulated countryside they're almost as bright and clear as ever. They're definitely not brighter now though.

Try to imagine how the night sky must have appeared to observers prior to the industrial revolution.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think the answer is simple.

Spring came early this year or winter really wasn't much of a winter. People are out at night and early morning more so than if it was freezing cold. What people are seeing are the 'winter' constellations . Which have brighter stars on average.

The summer constellations are quite boring and dim. Add to that in the warm summer nights we have a lot more humidity which dims them even more.

The stars are not getting brighter.
You eyes are not getting better.
The weather is different.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
LOL my eyes are definitely not getting better, I'll freely admit that.

IDK guys, I hear ya (except for those being rude... seriously what's that all about?)

I need more education on what constitutes a "winter constellation", I guess. Again due to my location, it really never gets too cold, and quite often the skies are completely cloud-free. That's not changed since I moved here in '05.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes. I have noticed this too. I know the night sky is brighter because I have never seen so many stars, in my life. I'm not young, and have lived in this area all of my life. I'm in the midwest. Less pollution maybe?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Orion which contains Sirius (the brightest star) in low on the horizon during the winter months.
The summer constellation’s are either small and dim on the horizon or directly overhead and dim in the summer.

The constellations follow the seasons of the year and are at the same place each year.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry to say, but your thread here is based on ignorance, and given the ability to learn almost anything now days at a moments notice, I think your ignorance is willful.reply to post by gameisupman

So what is the cause of the op's question? I think you are just willfully rude.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

According to Nasa Scientists ,the whole solar system including the sun and the earth has entered a new interstellar "bubble" from the previous "bubble" we were in (during the last century). This new bubble is clearer than the old bubble: there's less intergalactic dust in it. However , the new bubble is hotter and more like a plasma than the old bubble (more like a cloud of particles .).

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Pure BS. NASA said no such thing.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No. The stars in the sky do not appear brighter to me. There is too much light pollution where I live at and I can only see the brightest stars. It sucks that neighbors down the road and in many other places think adding a big old light that shines everywhere is making their backyard safer at night. Adding light only lets the thieves see easier when they want to break in to a place. It used to be robberies and thefts increased during a full moon. They could see easier. Silly people.

Maybe there is less light pollution in your area due to ordinances where those in charge are aware of the light pollution issues.

To give some amusement. I wouldn't be surprised if some thought someone may have changed a light bulb making all the stars shine brighter because the sky is made of glass.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join