It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Group Together Some of the "HOAX" Information out there for Future Reference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wasn't quite sure how to word this, but you get the idea.
In short, a friend of mine called round last night and said "you have to see this" He is a relative newcomer to alternative views and standpoints, but nevertheless very enthusiastic. He wanted me to watch the whole Alexander Retrov thing which I was well aware of, and has been done many times here on ATS:

www.youtube.com...

So I patiently watched it with him, and then after handing him a beer, showed him this great piece of debunk:

quakewatch.wordpress.com...

By the venerable puterman

So, this got me thinking, there may well, and must be people out there, setting off on a journey to discover the truth about things. I know, for me at least, the words of Bill Cooper guide me when choosing to believe or disbelieve. He said something like listen to everyone, speak to everyone, but don't believe anyone unless you have researched it yourself. (Will try to find exact quote) To these newbies, and also more seasoned traversers, (myself included) it must be a nightmare to pick the wood from the trees on some occasions. I know that finding these things out the hard way may well be part of the process, but........

So my idea is this, can we compile this thread as a "reference" for those entities that have been proven to be hoaxers, and as such, can be avoided at all costs when trying to "Deny Ignorance"

To this end, my starter for 10 is: ALEXANDER RETROV

Over to you

Here it is:
"Read everything, Listen to everybody.
Don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your own research."
- William Cooper (1943-2001)

edit on 1-5-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: added quote

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
P.S: I don't think it should be used to name individual ATS members who are simply "out there" or unpopular. That would be juvenile

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OK, note to self: This was a crap idea for a potentially useful thread!

new topics

join