It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vincis SECRET drawings revealed, PURE GENIUS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

May I join the declared Leonardo da Vinci fan club? Like reficul

been a fan of davinci since i was 10!
also been my hero since childhood. Thanks OP for showing us these sketches. Any addition to the known body of his work is a bonus.

Really amazing part is how in his sketches, he can fit in countless lines so as to describe something in the finest detail, but still in other sketches, produce images full of detail, but with minimal drawn lines. His horse sketches are fine examples of this.

Just thought I would share the following with all other ATS Leonardo fans – and lets not get hooked on the dead bodies etc

From the book, Leonardo da Vinci, written in 1943 by Ludwig Goldscheider and published in 1945 by Phaidon Press, this eulogy to Leonardo written shortly after his death.

LIFE OF LEONARDO DA VINCI
PAINTER AND SCULPTOR OF FLORENCE
BY GIORGIO VASARI 1568

THE heavens often rain down the richest gifts on human beings naturally, but sometimes with lavish abundance bestow upon a single individual beauty, grace and ability, so that, whatever he does, every action is so divine that he distances all other men, and clearly displays how his genius is the gift of God and not an acquirement of human art.

Men saw this In Leonardo da Vinci, whose personal beauty could not be exaggerated, whose every movement was grace itself and whose abilities were so extraordinary that he could readily solve every difficulty. He possessed great personal strength, combined with dexterity, and a spirit and courage invariably royal and magnanimous, and the fame of his name so spread abroad that, not only was he valued in his own day, but his renown has greatly increased since his death.

I always wondered why he used mirror writing and often wished I could read Italian so as to see his actual words, and not some translation or interpretation that might have lost any subtleties that he might have implied or even hidden.

Hail Leonardo

KenArten

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Leonardo also faked The Shroud Of Turin he used body parts from his autopsys and a old sheet from the market to produce the worlds first photograph/projection negative, the face of Jesus was infact the same face he used to model the Mona Lisa the face was infact his own, the face we all know to be that of Jesus has been modled on the Shrouds image so all modern depictations of Jesus are images of the face of Da Vinci.

His reasons are up for debate some say he was gay and had a hatred for authority and that the man himself was a Deist he was a man who had no doubt that the world and all that he knew were the creation of God(s). His view point proves that the man was a visionary he is also rumored to be one of the Illuminati and if he was he would have been held in the higest regard this would provide him with alot of clout and political and religious freedom to preform his experiments and autopsys, we also have to give credit to the establishment at the time for if it wasnt for the rouge eliment in hierarchy Leonardo would have been exucuted and never heard of.

www.leonardo-da-vinci-biography.com...www.telegraph.co.uk... Shroud-is-face-of-Leonardo-da-Vinci.html

DaVinci hated the estiblishment he wanted to expose the corruption and unjust treatment of others he seen the inner workings first hand and new that their ego would be their biggest weakness he sought with others to infiltrate like a spy all the time plotting the hidden truth within his works and he isnt alone others thru history have tryed and are still around doing it today.

As a scientific mind Leonardo knew that society was a experiment he forseen the destiny of mankind at the hands of a power greedy select group and he knew their nature war,murder,torture,sin to name a few of the qualitys they project onto mankind he must have hated them for he risked his life in doing this exposure work.

How I wish we had him alive today.
edit on 2-5-2012 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Da Vinci is certainly one of the most fascinating people that we have evidence of.

I don't think I can translate the level of this individual's diversity in knowledge in today's world.
Nor can I think of anyone who demands such accolade as a result of their accomplishments.

Today we can only really name people who are discoverers of a few concepts, or who have done great things in various fields of science. Or we can talk about great artists in the last century that created memorable paintings or drawings, or even cartoonists etc.

But this guy apparently was all of those things combined give or take.

You remember how there is a lot of groups who claim that Shakespeare's collection was actually "secretly created" by a large amount of people but put under one name? I don't think it has been proven fully but there are a few compelling aspects to it that make you think twice about stuff like that.

Da Vanci is accredited with so many mind blowing things that I sometimes wonder the same thing about him.
But then again, I suppose in the age before infotainment they had a lot of time on their hands, so maybe it is possible.

Lovely post and not to derail but recently I came across this about Shakespeare.

All's Well That Ends Well has another author as well as William Shakespeare, according to research from Oxford University academics. Thomas Middleton has been revealed as the most likely co-author, according to in-depth analysis of the play's vocabulary, rhyming, style and grammar. Professor Laurie Maguire says the latest literary research shows groups of writers working together on plays. "The picture that's emerging is of much more collaboration," said Prof Maguire. "We need to think of it more as a film studio with teams of writers."
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

your statement about him being part of the illuminati , well in the book I mentioned Da vinci was supposed to be a member of the mystery schools , which taught the aqcuired and protected knowledge of man from our greatest teachers . The hidden truths of the world . the knowledge that which man can achieve great things.

Much like prometheus giving man fire , the members of the mystery schools were also given incredible knowledge from their masters.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It's interesting that you mention shakespear , because his writings are also mentioned in the book im reading. The stories and metaphors presented in shakespears writing are stories which have been echoed throughout the ages by other writers . This is covered quite well in hamlets mill !
However whoever wrote the shakespear books , I think in the secret history , Black makes reference to the mystery schools as well , and the possible author being Bacon

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Some of Leonardo's unseen drawings have been revealed and it shows how much of a genius this man was. He has been likened to a universal genius, and is credited with the highest IQ ever.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I have taken anatomy and physiology classes and this man is just amazing, he did these all on his own with no internet to look up things. I do not understand why the queen kept these genius drawings hidden.
Click link for more Images, absolutely stunning and marvelous!
edit on 103131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 01 May 2012 10:11:40 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 01 May 2012 10:11:57 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I love this kinda subject , thanks for posting brother.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
I believe his works were hidden because the only way to get the knowledge he had of the muscles and tissues and bones was to actually do autopsies and I believe that was illegal. So he was basically a grave robber or connected to someone who was to get the bodies to work with. That being too taboo, the results there-of were "buried" so to speak. Thanks op.

Wasn't this the guy that was doing these autopsies right under the vatican?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

An added notch to the man's accomplishments. His greatest work was as a painter, but his scientific work was not bad for someone who wasn't a scientist.

Although according to the Ancient Alien theory he received his scientific knowledge from extraterrestrials, which is interesting.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Id like to draw attention to something I noticed on the sketches especially the foetus in the womb.
I have looked at anatomical sketches of the womb before as I done modules in physiotoxicology
in university for my toxicology course. Most of which were related to birth defects.

I have never seen the little what appear to be micro villi in the drawings ive studied of the womb.
Yet Da vinci's drawing cleary shows what I can only assume are microvilli !
showing how the cell wall of the womb is attached to the lining of the body
it appears as though he had discovered that micro villi are part of this surface of tissue
for absorption .

Microvilli are called such as they require a microscope to see them , and microscopes were not
invented until 1590 , and the sketch was done in 1489

Is it just me or can anyone else see this ?
if anyone is italian can you read his notes just under the smaller sketch of the villi !

thanks
edit on 2-5-2012 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

Ive just double checked in my Principles of anatomy and physiology 9th edition by Tortora & Grabowski , and
in the sketches , even the cross section real tissue you cant see the villi he shows in the sketch.

Im really jumping to conclusions but it really appears as though he discovered the Villi , how could he have done this without a microscope , unless he actually had one !

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Aye, shame he used to sexually abuse young boys in his care. What does that say about the human race.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Interesting , and what proof do you have of this ?

well working for the vatican I suppose its possible !

Ok from what Ive read it appears an accusation of sodomy with a male gigolo but was never proven in court as the charges were dropped.

However someone in Da vinci's position with wealth and noteriety would have been a target for slander and accusations such as these .

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Artistic minds usually seem to be a little twisted. Maybe it's true maybe not. Doesn't make much of a difference to me, I fully appreciate the mans brilliance. I just like to throw these little things in there, after all ATS is about denying ignorance and not selectively denying it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
really cool post!!! been a fan of davinci since i was 10!
i think i read somewhere he would pay for cadavers so he could study them (or was that Nostradamus?)
he was truly ahead of his time!

Davinci did in fact pay for cadavers and also pay for people who were close o death and weigh them before & after death and he did find that the human body lost a slight bit of weight. Davinci was trying to prove the existence of one's soul this way and it was convincing enough to the queen apparently!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

CallYourBluff, I'm going to do just that. I'm going to call your bluff, as it were... Do you have any reliable links or other sources for your reference? I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm sure that stuff happened all the time send still does, just maybe has been more eagerly suppressed and perhaps even a bit sensationalized over the past 50-100 years or so. I just think a claim like that deserves some back up if you have it...
edit on 2-5-2012 by 3n19m470 because: nevermind, i read your post above... yes, I too like to sometimes "throw in" allegations of sexual abuse, you know, to liven things up a bit, or, i mean, as a tool to deny ignorance. after all, any one person at a party COULD BE a child molester, and the best way to find out is openly accuse someone you secretely think might be one, and then watch their reaction, and see if anyone else "comes forward" with evidence or even a suspicion. after all, if enough people believe it, it becomes true, and a fact. interesting word, that fact. i wonder where it comes from?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So William Shakespear was just the name for the group of great writers / friends ?

That is awesome.

It's basically like Monty Python isn't a person , but a group of people.

Can't believe I never thought of that before.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risqman

Originally posted by reficul
really cool post!!! been a fan of davinci since i was 10!
i think i read somewhere he would pay for cadavers so he could study them (or was that Nostradamus?)
he was truly ahead of his time!

Davinci did in fact pay for cadavers and also pay for people who were close o death and weigh them before & after death and he did find that the human body lost a slight bit of weight. Davinci was trying to prove the existence of one's soul this way and it was convincing enough to the queen apparently!

I thought
Dr Duncan MacDougall discovered this well... claim to be
unless some how he got a Hold of Some documents that Showed Da vinci has Tried

Weight of the Soul
www.snopes.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Absolutely fascinating, yes I see the microvili in the endometrial layer; this is amazing, I cannot believe that he had such vision for a non-prophet human. He was only surpassed by the prophets: Moses, jesus, muhammed.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Some of Leonardo's unseen drawings have been revealed ...

And like all junk tabloids, the Dail Mail have no problem lying to their readers.

A quick check finds a massive number of these "unseen" "secret" "hidden" drawings on the internet already.

Here is the foetus in the womb, taken by a photographer as the picture was on display at a daVinci exhibition in Brussels in 2007.
Other websites describe it as one of his "most famous" drawings.

Here, a different scan of "muscles of the thigh", with a 2011 date.

Here, a different scan of the male anatomical figure.
Here again on flickr, from a 2008 exhibition.

Bracial Plexus from 2006.

The list of already exposed images in plentiful.

I suspect the Daily Mail was just engaging in hyperbole, as usual, and all this stuff is well known to Leonardo researchers. Just that maybe SOME of it is on display in a museum for the first time.

Edit - and another one, the picture of the vagus nerve, from a book published way back in 1930.

edit on 2-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Id like to draw attention to something I noticed on the sketches especially the foetus in the womb.
I have looked at anatomical sketches of the womb before as I done modules in physiotoxicology
in university for my toxicology course. Most of which were related to birth defects.

I have never seen the little what appear to be micro villi in the drawings ive studied of the womb.
Yet Da vinci's drawing cleary shows what I can only assume are microvilli !
showing how the cell wall of the womb is attached to the lining of the body
it appears as though he had discovered that micro villi are part of this surface of tissue
for absorption .

Microvilli are called such as they require a microscope to see them , and microscopes were not
invented until 1590 , and the sketch was done in 1489

Is it just me or can anyone else see this ?
if anyone is italian can you read his notes just under the smaller sketch of the villi !

thanks

Ive just double checked in my Principles of anatomy and physiology 9th edition by Tortora & Grabowski , and
in the sketches , even the cross section real tissue you cant see the villi he shows in the sketch.

Im really jumping to conclusions but it really appears as though he discovered the Villi , how could he have done this without a microscope , unless he actually had one !

The Answer to the Question Maybe !! Quasi Crystals (reflection ) or a he used a Unique Telescopic Eye Glass
that Magnified to the extreme Depths

In 1352 eyeglasses were only worn by the well educated, very rich noblemen or well read Italian clergy. At this time a monk named Tommaso da Modena documented the church had painted a fresco with an older churchman wearing glasses while looking over an old manuscript.

Inventions of the Renaissance
www.mce.k12tn.net...

I say an Eye Glass with a Double Lens that can be Adjusted ..

Like this Sorta

as this is a Prop from the movie Sleepy Hollow
as the timeframe of this movie is 1799

just 310 years After

Speaking of Crystals I have Found this Interesting

Da Vinci Jesus Holding a Crystal Ball ??

and we know who used a Crystal Ball Sorcerers , Magicians, Witch Craft
Or It could be Used to Magnify too like ahh like a Microscope just Maybe !!

A Painting like this Would Lead in to Big Trouble With Da Vinci Especially
When That Start Beginning of the inquisition

I can see why this Painting Would of Been under Lock & Key During those Times ...

It just gets more ODD of the Secrets of Da Vinci

The Source of the Painting ...

Leonardo Da Vinci Salvator Mundi!

The crystal ball in the left hand is so intricately painted that with his expert knowledge of the bending of light, Leonard gives the ball the illusion of being 3-dimentional. This is whilst including imperfections in the ball such as chipped crystal to show wear and tear. The ball is also given the impression of being weighty; with the hand holding the ball having its flesh lighter where the palm is bearing the weight of the ball.

www.leonardo-da-vinci-biography.com...

edit on 2-5-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In that case then can we not get this verified as Da vinci discovering Microvilli before the they were discover would be incredible !

Another great discovery by a man with endless talents !

We just need an italian who can read his shorthand notes to see what the notes actually say!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join