It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mitt Romney truly Racist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The Mormons believe that the head of their church talks DIRECTLY to GOD.

Brigham Young was the longest serving head of the Mormon church and enjoyed many
honors, including having BYU named in his honor.

This is what Brigham Young taught his followers as directed by God....

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so."

Now for those of who you who don't know, Mormons believe that the Negros are the cursed
descendants of Cain (the son of Adam and Eve...the one who slew Abel).

They further believe that God cursed the descendants of Cain with the mark of dark skin.
They further believe that Negros can only enter heaven if they live a "perfect" life.
And if the Negro does manage to live a "perfect" life his reward in heaven is to.....

...be the servants of white men.

Mitt Romney believes in the Mormon faith strongly enough to state in response to the question
of whether Mormonism is racist,

"...I love my faith...I'm not going to distance myself from my faith in any way."

I can only draw one conclusion....Mitt Romney is Racist

edit on 1-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Is that a bad thing? I think not.Its his right to have his views no matter how unpopular they may be.

The Mormons are not the only ones who have these views by the way.Many religions,especially from the far East,speak of dark skin as a product of evil.
edit on 1/5/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Mitt Romney will be a racist for the racist section of the GOP; he will be a constitutionalists for the TPM;
He will be a good ole country boy for the rednecks and anything else you want him to be.

He is a politician and will morph instantly to try and appeal to whoever he is talking to at any particular moment.

But even with those considerable skills....he's a loser!!!! The GOP made a terrible choice; when they had the likes of Sarah and Michelle to pick from....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Guilty by association huh?
I don't think that's totally fair.

By the same token the bible says alot of things too.
Not all of them believed by those who follow the book.

Now would I mind this being true? No.
Ron Paul might actually win an election if Mitt was racist.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

The matter seems VERY important to me. Mitt Romney is hoping to be elected to the most powerful
position in the world, President of the United States and Commander in Chief of the world's greatest
and best funded military force.

His belief that the VERY BEST a black person can achieve `IF` he lives a perfect life, is to be blessed
as servant in heaven should scare any sane person who believes that all men are created equal.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by rival

Guilty by association huh?
I don't think that's totally fair.

By the same token the bible says alot of things too.
Not all of them believed by those who follow the book.

Now would I mind this being true? No.
Ron Paul might actually win an election if Mitt was racist.

Yes, I believe so. Absolutely guilty by association. Though I believe "guilty by association" is too
light an accusation. The belief that Negros are the marked descendants of Cain is a core
belief of the church. I can't see how one could proclaim himself Mormon and disavow this belief.

It is not like a Christian who can disavow the old testament by citing the Gospels, this is
Mormonism 101.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Someone needs to get up and ask him then.

do you follow all the tenets of the mormon church?
do you also believe what it says about negros?

if it's a yes he's racist.
Completely crazy.
does romney have a facebook?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Looks like he's already addressed this issue.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I don't know about Facebook, and I don't think I would trust his answer if he tried to disavow
he believes Negros are inferior.

For me he would have to disavow Mormonism entirely...then maybe I could look at him and
not have my first thought be that this man believes that Negros are inferior and cursed.

Or would we have to amend the Declaration of Independence from...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed
by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

TO

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: That WHITE men are created equal; that they are endowed
by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..."

To be fair, some of the guys who penned this document thought exactly this way...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Looks like he's already addressed this issue.

Yup No Racist would have said those things. Very Honorable Comeback Mr. Romney!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I do not think that Mitt believes for one moment that blacks are evil and will be the servants of white people in heaven. I know several Mormons and they do not believe it. This is one of those things in religion that everyone knows is in "The Book" but everyone pretty much ignores. It is like the parts in the Bible that say you must stone a woman if she is not a virgin on her wedding night. You never see Christians actually doing that no matter how much they foam at the mouth while waving the Bible around.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Is that a bad thing? I think not.Its his right to have his views no matter how unpopular they may be.

The Mormons are not the only ones who have these views by the way.Many religions,especially from the far East,speak of dark skin as a product of evil.
edit on 1/5/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

I'm really getting sick of the race baiting with people like you that serve no purpose other than to divide people from the true threat and problem that has always been there and always will be there until we stop fighting with each other and understand our true potential. For how long do we need to wage wars over a stupid book or the color of a person's skin? And for what? So some self entitled douchebag that was born with a silver spoon and never had to work a day in his life? How much longer will we the people mindlessly fight the wars of the rich and the elite that have too much money and power to give a damn?!

The stars call to us and we're running around down here acting like the mentally challenged apes. Dark skin is a product of evil? No, how about too much power given to the absolute worst our species has to offer is the product of evil. Open your eyes and stop playing the game of thrones that has been on going since man first stepped out the cave.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so."

Very interesting. I guess the only thing you could really do is to confront Romney with this and see what he says. Side note ... If Romney is a racist because of this quote from Morman beliefs, then the O-bots had better admit that Obama is a racist for spending 20+ years at that black liberation theology cult.

If Obama isn't racist because of his black power 'religion' then neither is Romney.
If this quote makes Romney a racist ... then so is Obama.

(my guess ... the roots of both of their religions are bigotted and racist).

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What bothers me about the video is Mitt's assertion that he would not distance himself in any way
from his religion.

I have searched for any reference where the Mormon has church denounced their beliefs in regard
to the Negro race being the descendants of Cain and unable to seek the full benefit of heaven.

I only see Romney saying that this is what he believes, but I am still dubious. He is an artful
politician, and I must assume, knowing a little of journalistic entertainment shows like this, that
Romney was fully aware and prepared for the question...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This Mormon position will haunt Mitt for the rest of the campaign as well it should. He will not get any minority votes and it will cost him the election; along with being a poor candidate in general. The GOP has stepped in it again with their transparent appeal to white, Rush devotees, macho rich guys and their subservient women folk.
edit on 1-5-2012 by seagrass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Romney wont renounce his faith because it will serve the elites plans further: 'whitie vs blackie'. The white religious are racist against blacks and the neoliberals are racist against whites. Now if someone were to say romney is racist therefore i will vote for ron paul, that would be using their brain which is not allowed or at least not part of the master plan.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

religion has been used to subvert the greater esoteric aspects of human incarnation for thousands of years. the problem i have with romneys racism is that hes running for president has money and power and embodies what alot of first gen americans think is the american dream. but if he is devout in belief there is a similarity in peoples who are believers and that is that supposedly they can earmark peoples contentions for their own spiritual gain; so maybe having a professed "religious person" in office wouldnt be as bad as someone accepted by association as having an open ear to americans problems.

is there a law predicating that a president must have certain values outlined that include non racist views?

im not advocating a devil just wondering why him being a racist isnt more accepted and a known factor? thats not prejudice thats common sense!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Romney being a racist isn't nearly as shocking as the number of times you guys used the word "negro" in this thread.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'd rather have someone reasonable and honest in the white house, than a devout anything.

Also, I didn't mean to shock or offend with the word Negro. I know it is an antiquated term, but it was in the
religious texts I was reading thru while composing the post. I didn't know it was racially insensitive.
It's too bad we are all different colors...and so many of us focus on it more than character or honesty
and integrity.

In men, it is not that which is without that is the concern...it is what is within

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I'd rather have someone reasonable and honest in the white house, than a devout anything.

Also, I didn't mean to shock or offend with the word Negro. I know it is an antiquated term, but it was in the
religious texts I was reading thru while composing the post. I didn't know it was racially insensitive.
It's too bad we are all different colors...and so many of us focus on it more than character or honesty
and integrity.

In men, it is not that which is without that is the concern...it is what is within

If it isn't color it's what book you read. It will always be something until our species "grows up". But right now we're still brainwashed into fighting a 2000+ year old "holy" war based on a stupid book while we're all taught how to hate each other based on race. See because nobody wants to talk about the facts when it comes to religion or race. Nobody wants to talk about the white slaves of Europe, how Africa sold their own people into slavery, similarities between race and religion, etc. etc. It's all divide and conquer. And while we're all stuck bickering with each other, the real people in power laugh at us. And the response is to put your head in the sand and turn on the tv.

new topics

top topics

join