It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fully Armed U.S. Troops Patrol Minnesota Neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks like theyre conditioning people to not be "alarmed' or excited at seeing armed US Soldiers (Guard) in the streets of their suburban neighborhoods.

Source

A photo showing fully armed U.S. National Guard troops patrolling a quiet residential street in Crookston, Minnesota has gone viral, once again underscoring concerns that Americans are being conditioned to accept the gradual imposition of martial law.

According to “Maggie,” the woman who took the photograph, when she started taking pictures of the troops one of them told her, “Just training Ma’am. Joining up with another patrol at the rally point.” When Maggie asked why they were training on the streets of a quiet residential area, a younger soldier responded, “To be honest ma’am, I don’t know.”

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well... they're using training gear. Thats a fact. Can be seen in the photos.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already on the New Topics page.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Wow, the search engine here really sucks lol.. I used several keywords to search for any existing threads.. oh well, thanks for the heads up

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

No biggie. I think threads need to exist for 24 hours before becoming part of the search database. I could be wrong.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When you look at the pictures of this, it's terrifying. This is what I have been saying. Between our drills here (at least 3 urban exercises using armed troops and SWAT members over the past 9 months or so) and now the Russians training here in CO at the end of this month, as well as the mass migrations of armed troop transporters on the interstates, constant helicopter neighborhood flyovers here and other states, it is becoming pretty apparent that one of two things are happening: One, they are preparing for something they know is either coming or could happen, and are getting the training and troops in order (i.e., economic collapse or, God forbid, some sort of natural disaster) or two, they are using intimidation tactics on US citizens in order to "keep people in line." This second one is evidenced by all of the extreme laws that have been passed by the presidency and congress as of late. Either way, not good.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well this looks like a training exercise for this kind of thing. which is disturbing in and of itself. They have fake towns for this kind of stuff, but I would imagine that since they are using a real town that indicates the demand for this kind of training exceeds their supply of fake towns and civilian actors. Meaning that they really want soldiers to know how to police America.

Wonderful.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Well this looks like a training exercise for this kind of thing. which is disturbing in and of itself. They have fake towns for this kind of stuff, but I would imagine that since they are using a real town that indicates the demand for this kind of training exceeds their supply of fake towns and civilian actors. Meaning that they really want soldiers to know how to police America.

Wonderful.

Excellent point and what I've been saying for a while now. Why all of the sudden are real-world scenarios or the so-dubbed "urbain training exercises" so paramount now? That is the real question and when we start asking that, we inevitably find uncomfortable theories and, ultimately, answers.
edit on 1-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Exactly, they have full size towns built in the California deserts to mimic towns in Iraq and Afghanistan, there are also some in Fort Knox that could be utilized.
These "exercises" are meant for two things, to get the soldiers comfortable with patrolling streets in the USA and to get the citizenry comfortable (conditioned) to seeing the soldiers patrolling the streets.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just now, on Denver's Fox 31 KDVR, they are discussing police drones and how we would feel seeing them in Denver. Turns out, Police are already ordering them and the FAA is discussing rules for use. They would be used by police departments in order to monitor streets and cities for crime. In my opinion, this is getting incredibly out of hand. First there were street corner cameras, then red light cameras, now police drones? This is super sad and very scary. I would rather take my chances with crime and what normal police can do than sign myself over to the constant monitoring.

Here's the most recent thing I could find in print, and it covers everything under the sun that could be used by drone technology, mentioning what is already in the works, as of 2/2012:

www.denverpost.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The picture of the army walking the streets is kind of hunting, all with M-16s. Im going to have to try and find it again to post.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join