It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - PURSUIT OF LIGHT - new video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow.. NASA has a brand new video out. "PURSUIT OF LIGHT"
I kind of like the way they are heading with this. Check it out below. Hopefully that get's everyone exited and we can start pursuing space seriously! Like 'MAN space missions' to the moon, AND 'MAN space missions' to mars. Serious stuff. It just needs to happen. Sad that the average person cares most about money, the economy, wars, politics, and what's LOCAL, rather than the BIG picture. We need to explore past this rock we live in. I will volunteer, will you?

NASA dreams big science. The Space Shuttles may be gathering dust, but we're not staying on Earth! In this awesome new short, NASA presents the Earth, the planets, the Sun, and the endless universe beyond. Come for the cool, stay for the music, take away a sense of wonder to share. It's six minutes from Earth to forever, and you can see it here!

edit on 1-5-2012 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: spelling

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I hope we do alot more to get off this planet in my lifetime.
the key to humanitys infinite survival is space travel, colonising other planets and finaly venturing beyond our solar system.
i've said this before but if they need cheap astronaughts, i'm ready.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

This is a beautiful video.
Thank you for posting it for us to see.

The video scopes grand goals. I'd personally be happy just to see us back on the moon, mars and in the asteroid belt.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Yea, once the world realizes that Space is something they HAVE to do (rather than just want), we will be able to do many great things. Unfortunately, space travel gets caught up in budgets and the bottom line. But the real bottom line is our Survival, if something were to happen on this island in which we currently live. Yes, it may be hard, and it may be difficult to EXPLORE, but we might as well start now. rather than having to develop a whole new space system in a couple months to avoid a great tragedy or something...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

yup.
if something major happens to earth theres nothing we can do to survive because we're all completely dependant on it, if we spread our race through our solar system, we have a greater chance for survival and all the untapped rsources we can collect.
also a lauch pad at a lower gravity enviroment with little to no atmosphere will be easier to launch from.
so im in 100% agreement with you. we don't just want space travel, we need it

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i've said this before but if they need cheap astronaughts, i'm ready.

Hear, hear!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nice video. I fear it wont motivate the masses though.

We control the solar system or we die. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but at some point.

I'd like to see a realistic version of Armageddon (the movie). One where where politicans have to come on TV and say

"sorry folks, we're going extinct in 2 months. We had the ability to save ourselves for 50 years but we pissed about with trivial # instead. Oh well, maybe the roaches will do better instead. Feel free to panic now. Peace".

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

This is a beautiful video.
Thank you for posting it for us to see.

The video scopes grand goals. I'd personally be happy just to see us back on the moon, mars and in the asteroid belt.

Sorry to broke your dream... This will never happen.

F O R G E T.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why do i get the feeling this is a metaphor.

is there a story being told here, a message within maybe?

beautiful and disturbing all at the same time.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Why do i get the feeling this is a metaphor.

is there a story being told here, a message within maybe?

beautiful and disturbing all at the same time.

omg. My thoughts Exactly! It seems like they are aware of previously unknown things, and slowly leaking to full public disclosure. I love at the part where they ask "Are we Alone?" and then show Mars. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm..

But yes, very powerful and moving video. A step in the right direction.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz
-

NASA dreams big science. The Space Shuttles may be gathering dust, but we're not staying on Earth! In this awesome new short, NASA presents the Earth, the planets, the Sun, and the endless universe beyond. Come for the cool, stay for the music, take away a sense of wonder to share. It's six minutes from Earth to forever, and you can see it here!

edit on 1-5-2012 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: spelling

From the film::: (Very intriguing and thought provoking words and questions) :::

"Stars afire, the endless void recedes. Pursuit of Light.

Water and stone, flower and bone: home.

Earth.

LIfe transforms the world, and the world transforms life.

The Moon.

Endless light holds back the night.

The Sun.

Are we alone?

Mars. Europa & io. Jupiter. Saturn. Titan & Enceladus. Eros, Lutetia & Vesta.

Dark Matter eludes and beguiles.

The Orion Nebula. The Eagle Nebula

Supernova 0509. Supernova Cassiopeia-A.

The Mice (NGC 4676). Globular Cluster Omega Centauri.

The Milky Way.

Will civilization forever endure? Will enough data make us sure?

What makes us who we are? How far to the farthest star?

What Kind? How much? But when? What then?

We're heading out. COME WITH US.

NASA."

simply. amazing. Well I'm ready. Sign me up!.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I all, this is my review to this NASA | Pursuit of Light
youtu.be...

First a little introduction:
1) I don´t trust them (NASA)
2) This video is a message. Focus on the message!
3) I think this is a preparation. A first step of a broader "communication plan"
4) This is a "disclosure" first step. But i also think that such a "disclosure" is certanly also connected to their Illuminati Agenda.

Here it goes...

It all beginns with fire! Prometheus reference!?
"Stars afire, the endless void recedes." And so it beginns!

"Pursuit of Light"
I´ve googled "Pursuit of Light" to see if it apeeared in any other text and what i found was...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Nice isn´t it?

"Water and stone,Flower and bone: home."
They then show us "home". Earth!
"Life transforms the world,and the world transforms life."
Are they saying that "the world is about to transform us?"
They show us Ice. Melting. Oceanic temperatures, wind currents, cloud forming. Weather changes are comming.

Here comes the night...
"The Moon"
First they show us a crater made by a meteorite (they show us the meteorite!), followed by a strange feature that i didn´t recognize, but then... they show us a completly different crater, with different ripple formation and a burnt inside (scorched earth). A nuclear blast!. Moon had(has) life!. That´s what they´re saying. It ended with a blast! A nuclear blast!

Next image "empty home" followed by "habbited home". The "empty home" followed the "nuclear blast crater". Are they showing that there was life on the Moon? Are we the descendents from Moon beings? Are they stating that?

"Endless light holds back the night." What?

Next they show us the Sun with it´s huge magnetic storms.
It is "attacking" earth!
Do you notice now that they are showing us the earth poles ALREADY INVERTED!!! (3:34)
back to "fire"...

"Are we alone?"

They show us Mars! and like they did with the Moon, they show us a regular natural, "organic" formation os the surface of Mars, followed by an apparent "not-so-organic-and-natural-formation". (with 3 zoom levels)
They are showing Life on Mars!

The poetic and criptic frases continue has they show us other candidates and expand further away...

I think the rest speaks for itself...

"Will civilization forever endure?
Will enough data make us sure?
What makes us who we are?
How far to the farthest star?

What kind?
How much?
But when?
What then?"

And this my friends is their final statment...

We're heading out.
Come with us.

Watch it again... and focus on the message! Feel what they are saying in between the lines...

new topics

top topics

join