It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airplane Bathroom Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Not really sure if this could be classified as a conspiracy, or just me being uneducated in airplane equipment, so I present this to you for answers ATS.

I flew from Philadelphia, to West Palm Beach florida last week for vacation. While in the bathroom I noticed a piece of electronic equipment affixed to the ceiling that I don't recall ever seein in an airplane bathroom before(but that might only be cause I had never noticed before?).

I really just want to know what exactly this is and why it's in the bathroom.

EDIT: how do I post pics to the post rather than just linking them???

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I haven't flown in quite a while but I've never seen that and have no idea what that is.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Its the smoke detector to prevent those nicotine addicts from being tempted with a cheeky cig in the restroom.

Two

www.jamco.co.jp...

edit on 1-5-2012 by Biigs because: added link

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well that sure makes sense. I feel dumb now.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Explanation: Quote this post to see the bbcode I used to embed the picture.

Personal Disclosure:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg

Well that sure makes sense. I feel dumb now.

Welcome to the club from a charter member.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks man

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that the device that you can see the edge of next to it was very similar looking just a lot bigger. And it only had two lights instead of 3. I should have taken a pic of that too. But smoke alarm makes sense. But if it is, why are their two of them? And why is the second one different?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
They will have two perhaps for either different types of dangers, like smoke or gases, or simply a backup.

link   
reply to post by Biigs

One question for you...
Why would they need a security seal on a smoke detector?

link   
Smoke/CO detector.

Could also be a motion sensor that lets flight crew know if someone is in the bathroom.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Insurance purposes.

That's pretty self-explanatory.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Possibly for tamper proofing, for when the airplane inspection is cleared before passengers are allowed to board.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Possibly for tamper proofing, for when the airplane inspection is cleared before passengers are allowed to board.

this would be my guess

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here ya go

Just do a google search for this: (exact wording)
It is the first result:

"image of a smoke detector on an airplane"
Is a Jamco PU90-400 or 600 if you really wanted to know!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I like how if you image search that, my pic is the 4th one to come up.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Smoke detector makes sense. At first I was thinking it was some vaccum/air freshner to rid the poo smell. Green light is ok, red means some nasty dude has diarrhea.

Gs
edit on 1-5-2012 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Definitely not an air freshener. One of the worst smelling airplane bathrooms of all time haha

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Its the smoke detector to prevent those nicotine addicts from being tempted with a cheeky cig in the restroom.

Two

www.jamco.co.jp...

edit on 1-5-2012 by Biigs because: added link

There was also some celebrity, quite a few years ago. He was on a plane on his way to rehab and was busted smoking crack in the airplane bathroom...

I forgot who it was and am to lazy to see if it googles.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

They will have two perhaps for either different types of dangers, like smoke or gases, or simply a backup.

You are probably more correct here than it being merely a smoke detector. Many of the dangerous chemicals that some one would used to destroy a plane in flight would have a detectible chemical order. It would make sense that such a multi-talented detector would detect more than simple smoke particles but the emissions of gases also.

I note a typical type of response to this thread. It is common place that when a topic comes up that can be seen as unwanted by TPTB that it be quickly defused. A bunch detracting, short, and worthless replies will magically appear. Those folks evidently notify their comrades that something needs to be kicked down before it becomes too popular and known. Some issue like this one, they want to go away real fast. We shouldn't think too much about this little device. After all, it is ust for those stupid nicotine addicts. "Nothin' to see here, folks, move along."

new topics

top topics

join