It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima on Steroids: "Japan is in the Process of Contaminating the Entire Pacific Ocean"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

even with diffusion ,plutonium is 2 million times more radioactive than uranium.If it was uranium I would not be concerned.Nuclear weapons cesium and strontium radionuclides are survivable. But plutonium?

Anyways would you be willing to stay in Fukushima for a year to prove radioactivity is harmless?
-----------
"In the event of such accidents (involving the accidental release of MOX), if the ICRP (International Commission on Radiological Protection) recommendations for general public exposure were adhered to, only about one mg of plutonium may be released from a MOX facility to the environment. As a comparison, in [sic] uranium fabrication facility, 2kg (2,000,000 mg) of uranium could be released in the same radiation exposure."

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
-------

edit on 2-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You can talk until you're blue in the face, it makes no difference to me. Fukushima is polluting the pacific ocean, just as the gulf oil spill is polluting the gulf of mexico, as well as the Atlantic Ocean and most likely the Pacific by now as well. I don't understand why you're so hostile? I would suggest some anger management classes.

Your lack of education only exposes the fact that you waste way too much time trying to troll folks here at ATS instead of doing your own homework from your teacher today. Fact is, You know nothing about the Fukushima disaster. You're ust pulling cans of bs out of your hat while expecting it to be a rabbit.

Listen, All the mindless drivel sounds good to the average know nothing, but at the end of the day you're just an excuse maker for the criminals who are destroying planet Earth. Obviously you're here to cause trouble, otherwise you would have just let this all go after Don't tread on me edited both of our posts. You need to learn some respect for ATS instead of waving your middle finger at those who are here to moderate it which at the end of the day makes this website the best on the interent. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

even with diffusion ,plutonium is 2 million times more radioactive than uranium.If it was uranium I would not be concerned.Nuclear weapons cesium and strontium radionuclides are survivable. But plutonium?

IT depends entirely upon their concentration, doesn't it?

Oh, and also their proximity to you... unless you think they teleport or something...

And anyway... Plutonium decays to produce alpha particles, which can be stopped by your layer of dead skin cells.

Plutonium has a much smaller half life than Uranium, which means that it's gone MUCH quicker, and it's level of radioactivity decreases MUCH quicker than uranium.

But it's decay products have basically the same energy level of those of Uranium.

Anyways would you be willing to stay in Fukushima for a year to prove radioactivity is harmless?

When did I say that radioactivity was harmless?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by SheopleNation

It won't be an extinction level event.It will be a slow death for centuries .victims should be around 200-300 million in a period of 50-100 years.But the extinction level events are incoming in the next 20-30 years.

Very good point ludwig, and I agree. It depends on the levels of radiation, but you're most likely correct when saying that it will be slow. I appreciate and understand what you just said, and your positive contribution to the discussion. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

except that you forgot to mention that plutonium has an half life of 20000 years. Enough said. and on your concentration arguement would you be willing to ingest 10 nanograms of plutonium to prove diffusion makes it harmless?

edit on 2-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

What about the people in the 90's that volunteered to have it injected directly into their blood stream and didn't drop dead? It was mentioned earlier.

I won't even open a Naturalnews page there was one occasion in the past when I copy-pasted an article from thereinto my blog thinking they were a legit source and my readers nailed my nuts to the wall for it being such a bunk story.
edit on 3-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You can talk until you're blue in the face, it makes no difference to me. Fukushima is polluting the pacific ocean, just as the gulf oil spill is polluting the gulf of mexico, as well as the Atlantic Ocean and most likely the Pacific by now as well. I don't understand why you're so hostile?

What's your point then? Why are you arguing with me?

I never said that Fukushima WASN'T radioactive, OR releasing pollution into the oceans.

I am disagreeing about the SCALE and SCOPE of the Accident.

and I am doing so, by producing cold hard facts.

Your lack of education only exposes the fact that you waste way too much time trying to troll folks here at ATS instead of doing your own homework from your teacher today.

You don't seem to realize that you have yet to actually SAY anything of any significance, or merit.

You are merely attacking MY position, without actually having a position of your own.

I think you have come here into this thread in order to attempt to Discredit ME, for whatever screwy reason that you may have in your mind.

And I have no homework, you don't rank enough to issue me any.

Fact is, You know nothing about the Fukushima disaster.

Fact is, you are wrong.

You're ust pulling cans of bs out of your hat while expecting it to be a rabbit.

You still aren't arguing... you are just attacking me.

And that is the entire list.

And it's a MOOGLE, not a rabbit.

Listen, All the mindless drivel sounds good to the average know nothing

Which is why you keep saying it.

but at the end of the day you're just an excuse maker for the criminals who are destroying planet Earth.

You mean the ones that destroyed Fukushima in the first place?

Or the ones that are attempting to Dissiminate False information about the SCOPE of the disaster, to destroy the island nation of japan's international economic trade?

Them?

Those whose employ you are in?

Obviously you're here to cause trouble, otherwise you would have just let this all go after Don't tread on me edited both of our posts.

You mean how YOU posted an attack directly after that incident?

You are an Obvious liar... I mean... wow, do you actually believe any of your own misinformation?

You need to learn some respect for ATS instead of waving your middle finger at those who are here to moderate it which at the end of the day makes this website the best on the interent.

Are you insinuating that I am disrespecting the moderators?

When you are the one that continues to post your baseless attacks after the mod edits both of our posts?

Mine for being off topic...

And yours, meanwhile, for Manners and Decorum?

So, you are basically trying to flatter the mods in the second person, to get them to side with you, and maybe remove my posts?

IS that your plan?

I should let you know, Junior.... that I show respect to this Website, by DENYING IGNORANCE.

And that's YOU.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
I never said that Fukushima WASN'T radioactive, OR releasing pollution into the oceans.

I am disagreeing about the SCALE and SCOPE of the Accident.

and I am doing so, by producing cold hard facts.

NOPE! Either you agree with them wholeheartidly and and join in on the doomonger powertrip that might lead people to suicide, or get labeled an establishment shill.
edit on 3-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Seriously,I prefer alternative media anyway to the corporate media,natural news is way better.Second please provide source on claims .I am interested from the civil defence point of view.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I apologize: "Hostile Media Effect" is the Cognitive Bias I was referring to:

Don't apologize, just stop trying to derail the subject of this thread. It's about Fukushima and it's effect on the Pacific ocean. I am suprised that you have not been warned yet. I guess some folks won't get it until it's too late. Then of course you will play stupid and pretend that you didn't know what was going on.

Fact is, The Fukushima disaster has been buried by the mass media and really only a few blind, braindead morons believe otherwise. Radiation has been leaking into the Pacific Ocean for over a year now and it's all swept under the rug in the name of economics, profit and deceit which has been practiced by both The Japanese and American Governments.

That is no longer the number one issue though. The number one issue is how can we the people of the world band together and solve this problem that otherwise will eventually wipe out life on this Earth, or at the very least obstruct its advancement which will sooner or later do the same. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

your point on media lying about fukushima is correct:

(nolink)/2012/03/23/fukushima-plutonium-levels-200-times-higher-japan-claims-102931/

main concern is plutonium hands down.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Calm down child! So much passion defending these destroyers of Planet Earth. Gotta wonder bro.

You obviously are coming unhinged again at the expense of your unfinished homework. Well, that's not on me Jr. You do this all while ignoring the subject of the thread which is whether Fukushima is polluting the Pacific Ocean with radioative waste or not? I think it's pretty clear that the agenda to sway the discussion has some what succeeded, but not without seroius damage to the credibility of yourself, if you ever really had any here to begin with.

Again, The subject of the thread is whether Fukushima is polluting the Pacific Ocean or not. All other alternative spin doctoring is nothing more than trolling ATS. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I appreciate that ludwig. I care alot about waking people up to the lies that both governments are telling about this tragedy. However, what I care even more about is uniting the minds of planet earth in order to prevent her demise. People need to work together on this. We need to figure this out before it's too late my friend. Apreciate your links bro. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

at around a little later :

www.dailymail.co.uk...

interesting situation huh?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Calm down child!

Not a child.

for the... what? 17th time?

So much passion defending these destroyers of Planet Earth.

The ones that put the nuclear weapons inside the fukushima reactors, and are engaged in a social media campaign to slander japan by claiming that it is a radioactive wasteland that is destroying the earth?

Them?

No... that's your job, isn't it?

Gotta wonder bro.

It should be pretty obvious at this point, that i'm not your "Bro"

You obviously are coming unhinged again at the expense of your unfinished homework.

Would you be so kind as to explain what you mean by "Unfinished Homework?"

Because, I mean... from here (and I don't think i'm alone here), it just sounds like you are rambling incoherently, and babbling nonsensically.

Well, that's not on me Jr.

You aren't winning any brownie points by saying these ridiculous things, despite what you may believe.

You do this all while ignoring the subject of the thread which is whether Fukushima is polluting the Pacific Ocean with radioative waste or not?

What part of "The radiation isn't going to destroy the entire world" isn't topical?

Seriously?

Are you actually not getting this?

I think it's pretty clear that the agenda to sway the discussion has some what succeeded

YOu speak of your attempt to make people live in fear?

No, actually that hasn't worked that well.... You're Welcome.

but not without seroius damage to the credibility of yourself, if you ever really had any here to begin with.

You keep saying it, as if repeating it is going to make it true....

Awwwww.... that's so cute.... so much like a small child.

Again, The subject of the thread is whether Fukushima is polluting the Pacific Ocean or not. All other alternative spin doctoring is nothing more than trolling ATS.

I'm sorry, but you are in fact, quite wrong.

Discussing the EXTENT of the radioactive fallout, and pollution is not off topic, it is in fact *PART* of the topic.

As you seem to believe that the Radiation is the worst thing in the entire universe, and I happen to disagree on the quantity and quality of the radiation.

And you are throwing a temper tantrum.

Honestly, I'm not surprised.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Don't apologize, just stop trying to derail the subject of this thread. It's about Fukushima and it's effect on the Pacific ocean.

What affect is what amount of plutonium going to have on a massively dynamic body of water that has a volume of 622 million cubic km??????????

I am suprised that you have not been warned yet.

I've been carrying this thread from the beginning twerp.

Radiation has been leaking into the Pacific Ocean for over a year now and it's all swept under the rug in the name of economics, profit and deceit which has been practiced by both The Japanese and American Governments.

If that is true then why is the already economically devastated Japanese government closing down all of their nuke plants which is going to further deteriorate their economic productivity and progess?

That is no longer the number one issue though. The number one issue is how can we the people of the world band together and solve this problem that otherwise will eventually wipe out life on this Earth, or at the very least obstruct its advancement which will sooner or later do the same.

And I'm the one here who has brought forth solutions. All the sudden now you're acting like thats been your agenda hen all you've been doing is bickering and uglying up the thread I've got massive time invested in.

I told you: stop wasting my time, go read the thread, then comment.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

from your source:

interesting source ,but still from your own source:

There is no information from studies in humans or animals to identify the specific levels of exposures to plutonium in air, food, or water that have resulted in harmful effects. However, it is generally assumed that any amount of absorbed radiation, no matter how small, may cause some damage. When expressed as the amount of radioactivity deposited in the body per kilogram of body weight (kg bw) as a result of breathing in plutonium, studies in dogs report that 100,000 pCi plutonium/kg bw caused serious lung damage within a few months, 1,700 pCi/kg bw caused harm to the immune system, and 1,400 pCi/kg bw caused bone cancer after 4 years. In each of these cases the dogs were exposed to the plutonium in air for one day.

Is there more information on this part,here like amount of plutonium ingested ,which isotope because there have been no studies citated to prove such an incredulous claim:

In the 1940s some 26 workers at US nuclear weapons facilities became contaminated with plutonium. Intensive health checks of these people have revealed no serious consequence and no fatalities that could be attributed to the exposure. In the 1990s plutonium was injected into and inhaled by some volunteers, without adverse effects.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You have completely become unhinged here tonight son. Calm down and just stick to the subject like everyone else but you has done. Yeah, we played your game earlier, but can we move on now? You obviously still desire chaos here instead of logical discussion.

Why is that so hard for your under-developed brain to comprehend? FUKUSHIMA, FUKUSHIMA, FUKUSHIMA is the subject of the thread. It's effects on the Pacific Ocean is the subject of the thread. Why is it that you want to sway the discussion into some meaningless disagreement between you and I? Are you that bored down their in Mom's basement, or can you even make one single point here? Can you have a discussion about Fukushima and the results of the disaster concerning it's effects on the Pacific ocean, which I reside right off of?

Jeezus, can you actually discuss the subject, or is this forum just some sort of joke for you? ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

IgnoranceIsntBlisss, You have recently evacuated your ignorance in bliss retreat in the nake of asking the question of what exactly is the truth here? I respect that about you my friend.

However, Divisionist tactics by your friend, or maybe not your friend I dunno, has corrupted any kind of progress tonight concerning the subject which is a shame because I recognized from the very beggining that you were much more intelligent and open minded than that other mindless subject who once he was owned then quickly latched onto you like a desperate tick who was only trying to survive a little longer after it was exposed.

I only care about being a part of the grass rooted efforts to find a solution to the Nuclear tragedy problem, as well as the next big issue which is the nuclear waste issue that 477 Nuclear reacotr sites world wide must face. Best wishes ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join