It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima on Steroids: "Japan is in the Process of Contaminating the Entire Pacific Ocean"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

Ah! Finally somebody asked the magic question:

The answer is Generation IV nuclear power plants, and its sister pyrometalurgical recycling methodology.

Traditional nuclear ore refining methods only actually utilize about 1.5% of the available product in the ores. That's for weapons and electricity. What that means is for every 1.5 kilowatts of energy we've ever gotten from uranium theres 98 kilowatts worth of "waste" out there in the world in some massive stockpile waste dumps.

Gen IV promises to use closer to 98% of available waste, prevents refining from even being necessary, can also utilize old spent rods like those stored under Fukushima (apparently being the real problem multiplier), as well as being able to use decommisioned weapons. Bye bye depleted uranium weapons.

In effects theres over 200 years of electricity sitting around as "waste". Its already there and itsd a major problem that storage isnt going to solve. We need this technology if not only to clean up the mess we've made getting here.

Problem is environmentalists stymie the industry crippling the progress and resources needed to get there. Then they freak out and do the I told you so's when things like that spent rod stockpile under Fukushima finally meltsdown.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

now how the hell are we the informed going to get the message across i have posted these videos to the biggest website for the uneducated : ie Facebook and i know my contacts read and watch what i post so we as a group have to by any means try to educate the general population so spread the word i dont want my grandchildren to remain uninformed to the state of the planet sorry if this is a long rant but it makes me sick to think that most people are thinking about sport grrrr !!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

What are you telling them? That's there's a big problem in Japan? Everybody ought to know by now. You can't change anything without solutions to rally behind.

The real story with Fukushima as the ultimate wakeup call is the massive stockpiles of radioactive "waste". This problem needs to be delt with, and Generation IV nuclear power plant technology is about our only real shot at it... that will also power the world for hundreds of years without having to mine any more raw ores to do it. Not only does it waste energy mining so much ore for so little returns, but it screws people up in the areas where it occurs.

Case point: Big Mountain - Black Mesa
edit on 2-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Chernobyl did not have plutonium in reactor and had 180 tons of uranium fuel.Fukushima site had 1000 tons+ of MOX fuel which is a mix of plutonium and uranium.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Chernobyl did not have plutonium in reactor and had 180 tons of uranium fuel.Fukushima site had 1000 tons+ of MOX fuel which is a mix of plutonium and uranium.

You're right. There is absolutely no comparison, what so ever.

Chernobyl was a regional event deep inland and entirely land based (well...by comparison).

Fuku is Planetary and as much or more into the ocean and right on into the currents of the Pacific. It's just the perfect storm of factors isn't it? The MOX fuel being a fair part of what was blown into the ocean is just the Cherry on top of the cupcake of doom. Hey, it doesn't even need a candle. It' glows all by itself.

On this happy story, I'm headed to bed to dream of much less harmful things like the beautiful Supernova of another thread. lol.. What a trivial thing compared to Fukushima Dai-ichi.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You might wanna check your sources on that. Honestly I barely even paid attention to it last year and only know an abstract understanding of the specific details of the whole thing, but glancing over wikipedia it says MOX only went into use there at the end of 2010 in only one of the 4 reactors.

But I know history and how environmentalists overstate everything. The year before I wasted endless hours debating the BP ordeal. Everyday the top flagged threads were OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL. It gets old: important issue we might actually do something about get buried under doomongering end of days threads. Isn't this a conspiracy website? I didn't even have to open the site here last year to know its was all JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN JAPAN. It's actually a reason I didnt open the site for a long time last year.

ATS transformed into an environmentalist doomsday propaganda apparatus, screaming mass hysteria about things that the average reader has little hope to do anything about, and when someone does try to start threads about ways to help the victims or other long term solutions we can try to rally behind those threads get ignored and shrugged off.

I dont understand the mentality where people would want to obsess about dire issues yet have very little interest in possible solutions, but I'll bet there's some categories in the DSM to define these pathologies.

And the environmentalist 'movement' itself has got to be evil: decry all forms of mass-energy spreading mass guilt-mongering hysteria (that literally drives some people to suicide) without providing actual solutions which wont destroy economic progress and therefore also hurt lives.

If the major environmentalist groups real agenda was saving the environment they'd all be rallying to do whatever it takes to speed up Gen IV Nuke plant development to actually clean up the worlds vast 'waste' stockpiles while at the same making coal / oil technologies obsolete enabling both electric cars and the hydrogen economy needed to be able to go that route. They'd also be pushing industrial hemp for a number of other reasons.

Yet they do neither. Sorry, but solar and wind aren't going to save the world because even if coating the earth wasn't needed (I'd call that pollution), and wind didn't actually cause global warming and kill birds, they can't clean up the waste stockpiles or enable a hydrogen economy while its going to take vastly more electricity production than we currently have to replace gas powered cars with all electric.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So instead of going into the ocean were eventually it will all end up deep down in the ocean floor sediments, you'd rather it coat the entire eurasian continent across the entire surface where everybody lives and most everything they eat grows?

It shouldn't take a genious to figure out that there is more volume to dilute it down into smitherenes underneath the suface of the pacific ocean (worlds largest and deepest ocean) as opposed to across the surface of eurasia (worlds most populated mega-continent).

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Anyone find it interesting that the disaster at Chernobyl was also reactor number 4? I know its just coincidence and all of the reactors at fukushima are now failing but interesting none the less.

Three mile island was reactor #2 but the problem started at 4 o'clock.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
[...]
Yes, I'm against MOX fuel. And yes they shouldn't have built the nuclear plants in japan on faults and too close to the shore. But think... now the nuclear plants are being shutdown. Is this an overreaction? Probably, but then again, if hte companies can't behave responsibly then they shouldn't be allowed to build these facilities. On the other hand, importing natural gas has its own vices.
[...][

I'll insert my standard response to such boxy thinking: What about the free energy devices of Nathan Stubblefield, Nikola Tesla, Viktor Schauberger, Edwin V. Gray, Stanley Meyer, and Daniel Dingell? There are others whose names escape me since I finished my research some time ago after having come to the conclusion that humanity doesn't have free energy because humanity will misuse free energy, due to humanity's gullibility and penchant for responsibility-shifting.

The truth is: WE DON'T NEED TO BURN ANYTHING ANYMORE.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey

Originally posted by wantsome

I would like to add also that your talking possibly half the worlds seafood could be contaminated. Everything from king crab to fish sandwiches at McDonalds.

Not to downplay the importance of the topic of this thread, but radiation is the very least of your concerns when it comes to McDonalds fish sandwiches...

Rewey

Eat as many as you like. As long as they don't have any plutonium in them, you'll be "fine".

A particle of plutonium 239 revealed by autoradiography. The black star in the middle of the picture shows tracks made by alpha rays emitted from a particle of plutonium 239 in the lung tissue of an ape. The alpha rays do not travel very far but once inside the body they can penetrate more than 10,000 cells within their range. This set of alpha tracks (magnified 500 times) occured over a 48 hr period. The plutonium 239 particle that emitted them has a half life of 24,400 years. [Lawrence Radiation Laboratory, Berkeley California, September 20, 1982.]

I bet that ape wished he had a McFish sammich instead.

This illustration is taken from Robert Del Tredici's book Working in the Fields of the Bomb - published in 1987. It shows a plutonium particle emitting ionising radiation. The tracks are about 35 microns (5 cell diameters) but this is a two dimensional view of a 3D tissue event, which in fact occurs continuously in biological space. Like a land mine that never stops exploding, it is perpetually damaging and destroying cells.

Since it has a short emission path - it is difficult to detect (from) outside the body. Customary histology and autopsy studies do not detect it so plutonium in the living body is likely to be an occult, undetected and unreported factor.

Someone is saying that handling an aspirin sized tablet of plutonium could kill you. Maybe. You would have to ingest some Pu to actually have a serious problem on your hands. However, if one pound of Plutonium were divided among the worlds population evenly, we would all eventually contract cancer and die from it. Volatilized Mox fuel containing Plutonium was scattered into the atmosphere, the ocean and groundwater below the damaged power plants. Some one else do the math for me.

www.animatedsoftware.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm trying to do the math:

So 7 millionths of a gram is enough to kill a person? I have no clue, but that is actually 1KG (2.2lbs) divided by 7 billion.

Does anyone know exactly how much of this MOX escaped, and what the MOX formula was to try and figure out what the actual Pu content of their MOX fuel was? I'll bet the Japanese government doesn't know specifics. Just because some huge facility has explosions and fires doesn't mean all of its contents are now going to be evenly distributed throughout the earths human population.

Seriosuly people: You actually believe that humans have thousands of buildings that each one alone is capable of causing global extinction of the species if they catch fire? Seems very improbable... since even if biowarfare facilities burnt down there's a good chance the pathogens would die.

While I don't know specifics apparently there has been plenty of percieved mismanagement of the crisis. If that single facility had any chance whatsoever of causing total global devastation you think they would leave any room for chance?

I think that to claim there are thousands of civilian run facilities that each pose such a threat would be akin to claiming the military has built thousands of bombs each of which having the individual capability of destroying the entire planet.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Fukushima on Steroids: "Japan is in the Process of Contaminating the Entire (NOPE) Ocean"

theintelhub.com< br />

I wish everything I am reporting on were not true, or at least were less true than it appears. It does seem that Japan is in the process of contaminating the entire Pacific Ocean via continued uncontrolled releases of radioactivity at Fukushima.

After low-balling initial estimates of radiation releases, the Japanese authorities now acknowledge that substantial amounts of radioactive material leaked from the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi reactors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Fixed.

the ENTIRE ocean.

what is this pacific lalala?

the WHOLE ocean is going to get messed up!

there are no walls dividing the oceans, just because they have different names...

the whole ocean. = the whole world= fukushima destroys the world, isn't it completely obvious?
edit on 2-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Our Government? I wasn't aware the US owns BP and Japan....

2nd line.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Everyone said the same exact thing about Deepwater Horizon. Funny thing is I live in Tampa, FL and nothing has changed.

I wouldn't say nothing has changed in the Gulf but anyway, you can't compare Deepwater Horizon to Fukushima IMO, the Gulf disaster was a "local" event, the oil constricted to the water and land. Fukushima is way worse, and if reactor #4 collapses(which it's pretty likely that it could) it will be a very bad "global" event as the radiation is not bound to the ground. Over 1000 spent fuel rods exploding and being uncontained for at least 50 years... yeah, everything will be okay...

Effects are not always noticeable right away, long term damage is what you'll see, same thing goes for the Gulf. I'm not saying the world will end or that all life will die off, life always finds a way to go on, but this has the capability of changing the world "as we know it".
edit on 2-5-2012 by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth because: Weird font problem

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

this has been debunked, the reactor of this nuclear model has a flaw and when the pressure get to high, the seal break and slowly release the excess hydrogen and the radioactivity, which build up and can ignite at any moment. that is what cause the roof to blow up. when the rod and water are in contact, hydrogen build up but that hydrogen has no where to go in that sealed reactor so it build up, pressure rise and at some point BOOM!!! so if that exploded and the gaz release it means the reactor isnt sealed anymore, there you have it

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Looks like its time to move to the south boys and girls

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and the first thing the doc asks you is "were you ever exposed to any radiation as a child", I answer "not that I know of". How many of us have been exposed without us knowing? Since being diagnosed, having surgery, and going through the radioactive iodine treatment, I have joined a forum; yes, they have a thyroid cancer forum, in which there are thousands of members. Each day, another 5 - 12 new members join. These members are from every place on the planet; from Hawaii, India, New Zealand, England, and all across the United States. The members range in age from the early 20's to the 70's. Seems as though more of the members are under 40 years of age (I'm 56). I tell everyone, I believe there is something to this.......why are there so many people getting thyroid cancer these days??

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Instead of spend endless time and emotional energy freaking out and contributing to mass hysteria instead get rational and spend time trying to help out on solutions to the problems and the victims. Yes thats what I mean.

Never did that. All I did was state facts.

Live healthy and you'll probably die of something else. If you do get cancer some would say I'm an ideal person to talk to to maybe boost your odds of survival.

There are more than 200 different types of cancer. You can develop cancer in any body organ. There are over 60 different organs in the body where a cancer can develop. For example, there are cells called transitional cells, squamous cells and adenomatous cells in the bladder. Cancer can develop in any of these cells, but is much more common in the transitional cells. So transitional cell bladder cancer is much more common than squamous cell cancer or adenocarcinoma, accounting for over 9 out of 10 cases of bladder cancer.

I wouldn't take your advice on cancer because what you just said is wrong. There are hundreds of types of cancers.

cancerhelp.cancerresearchuk.org...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...
www.cancer.gov...

How about the economic hit the gulf states took to tourism and everything else because people were on sites like ATS screaming that we were wiped out down here. People who had no clue, probably 100,000's of which have never even seen an ocean screwing up our economies.

So you value money over human health?

There's no one single thing that causes all kinds of cancers just like theres no one single silver bullet cure that will ever cure every kind of cancer.

There are certain forms of cancers have high rates causation to a persons environment. Cervical cancer is mainly caused by HPV. Mesothiloma, usually caused by asbestos exposure and others.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dolive2

Do you live near any of these plants? This is supposed to be all the operating nuclear plants in the USA.

www.nrc.gov...

www.activistpost.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Japan is the blame to begin with for building a nuclear plant in earthquake zone to begin with. For all their schooling they are morons and all should commit, Harri Karri. I'll chop of their heads for them.

This reminds me of when I was at the Waste Dump and they were digging a big hole in the ground. I ask what is the hole for, Oh!, that is going to be the lake. Lake, I said, you can't put a lake next to a trash dump. So they moved it across the street, you morons can't put a lake across from the trash dump, I didn't need to go to college to figure this out it's only common sense, but these guys were engineers. I think they got on the wrong train, but they never built the lake, Duh!.

Japan had a bad ideal again, just like their divine wind and their rule of the world, they need something divine now, the whole world does, because of these Morons.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join