It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima on Steroids: "Japan is in the Process of Contaminating the Entire Pacific Ocean"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The fact that fukishima is currently still going off ring any bells people?
Yes it is possible to contaminate the LIFE in the Pacific !
One neednt do more than get the Hot partcles into the food chain.....think about it .....big fish eat littler fish ......
The small particles could emit death for half a billion years.....................................

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

So kids are simply DROPPING DEAD do to WHAT LEVELS of radioactive increase above normal background levels of radiation? You do realize radiation is already everywhere, before humans got here? Now coal fired power plants emit more radiation into the environment than nuke plants, if I'm not mistaken. I had a friend in Cali. last year trying to tell me theres a toxic nuclear cloud over Florida. Since I'm a chain smoker of cigarettes supposedly contaminated with several radioactive isotopes, I dont know how I'm here to talk about it a year later. And out of the 100+ different types of plants I cultivate, including "Geiger Counter Plant", all is well in my personal botanical garden. Year before that corexit was gonna kill my garden.Talk is cheap. Pull a number out of a hat.

How many of those allegid 14,000 baby deaths did those researchers actually go and perform autopsies on to verify their theory? What sample size are we talking about, and how many control autopsies did they perform? Surely there's someplace on planet earth that isn't having babies drop dead?

The same fearmongering went on over the BP mess.. Thing is I've watched every episode of "Swamp People" and not one single time have they mentioned one single word about that mess having any effect on their situations where they literally live and depend on the swamp for food and paydirt. I guess they're in on that conspiratorial coverup? It must be a miracle that they're survived both BP and Fukushima in a period of a year?

reply to post by fulllotusqigong

So that many people died immediately after the Chernobyl event?

Chernoybl is teaching us that mammals DO respond to immediate spikes in radiation... but that mammals adapt to increases in low levels of radiation.

The fact is nobody knows a whole lot of hard fact about any of this.

And something tells me that the emissions from those hand built cars from those soviet blocs nations isn't something your lead author hero took into account. Did you know that in the US, used motor oil that drips from modern automobiles is up to 1,000 times more carcinogenic than raw crude oil? The PAH's synthecize into real nasties after months at high heat and pressures inside engines. The oil that drips from engines and gets into local hydro systems on any given year trumps the median rate of oil from spill disasters.

I don't know how any one or any thing is still here, if we're to listen to the doomongers.

Do you like "freedom" fries and soft drinks? Guess what: they're both carcinigens. If you just had some earlier you might induce vomiting promptly.

Theres so many variables in this world that for anyone to hammer out CONCRETE numbers on something is akin writing up 'scholarly' papers on which god is real including specifics of what the allegid god loves or hates (as if a supreme god is even subject to human emotions).

Yes its bad, BP Deepwater eruption was bad, virtually everything humans have to do to light the world out of the stone age is bad in some way. But to just sit back and FEARMONGER is probably worse than anything, in hindsight.

The people that actually have to worry about this are over in Japan. So either start donating high grade antioxidants and shipping them to Japan's needy, or you're probably doing this world more harm than good while you sit there using electricity to type things up to make people feel mortified for using electricity. Or SCARE them 2deth

I know I sell plants that can warn if radiation levels rise above background, and have had customers from Japan. I also now specialize in selling unregulated and natural cancer medicines. One might think I'd be jumping on the bandwagon to scare the sheet out of everyone and make some extra coin. That would be dishonest, but hey the people at intelhub etc need to cash in on the greatest current ongoing tragedy of our day. I know I donate a portion of my cancer medicine related incomes to a cancer charity, but who do any of these fearmongers break off a cut of their action to?

I figured I'd glance over at intelhub and see. No signs of their charitable contributions to the world, but I do see a study that I can believe:

Methanol, Biproduct of Aspartame Linked to Autism, Preterm Delivery
theintelhub.com...
...Professor Emeritus of Food Science and Nutrition at the Arizona State University ...describes how the toxic chemical methanol and it’s use in the production of aspartame and other chemicals could be a main factor in causing spina bifida, preterm delivery, multiple sclerosis, cancer, and more recently, autism in young children.

I wonder if any of the 14,000 baby deaths were tested for aspertame? Doubt i

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

There are reports floating around the web that the decommisioning of nuclear power stations, near the end of thier lives, is going to be very costly and that most of these companies may not be able to afford to decommision them safely.

They'll just put it in our toothpaste,food and water and then get the ADA and doctors, make us pay for it, and tell us how good it is for us.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Luckily the apex predators (wolves & eagles) over in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone aren't able to be told that they should be scared to death for being there, as they don't seem to be having any extinction problems over it. Someone ought to learn to speak wolf and get over there and SCARE them to death.

I wonder how many people that sit and make and cheerlead threads and articles and 'studies' DOOMmongering as such, are OVERWEIGHT? Or are tens of thousands in debt? Or vote for idiot puppet politicians who serve the big banking cartels?

If you want to solve any of these huge environmental problems its going to take a lot of innovation to do it, and that is going to cost a lot of money. You think the environment is bad now, or would like to see new technologies replace old energy methods, wait until the global economies further deteriorate or implode. See where that gets us. Your biggest fear might ought to be the hard fact of the trillions of dollars bubble looming with all of the baby boomer generating begining to fall in to collect social security and medicade type benefits. Nevermind the national debt.

Start eating nothing but health food, before you scream about nuclear or coal or oil energy problems, because the poor health decisions you make today are going to eventually burden the system and take away resources that might be used to do something about it.
edit on 1-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I seem to remember seeing pretty well documented history that the water flouridation program began motivated by the nuclear weapons testing program. When they started lighting off all the nukes over the US background levels of flouride spiked from the fallout, pretty much everywhere. So the story goes that the ultimate coverup was to deliberately put it in the drinking water supply so that by the time anyone noticed it in the environment at un-natural levels, it'd already be accepted as "good" meaning nobody would even take note. The ultimate non-issue.

I know tapwater and "bottlled" (tap) water make me nauseated, many years before I had a clue what was in the water. And aspertame toothpastes (which is most of them) give me a daylong migraine.

But I do realize that the body actually NEEDS a certain amount of flouride (that doesn't mean I need to drink it all day).

Yet too much water will kill a plant.
edit on 1-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Keep faith and compassion nobodysavedme. THEY who are the REAL GOD(s) see and hear their big business intents. So let the filth $$$ build up on that Island that may not even be accessable if the high wave is in its direction.

Hey, common now! I live in the Cayman Islands and don't want to hear about any big waves coming this way... May the waves go to the people who invested the money here and not to us who live here, how about that?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
To anyone's that interested....I started a thread so we here at ATS can post radiation readings from our own equipment..or if you run into someone else's readings and you think we should know...I thought if we could keep a running data log...it might help us to connect some dots...save our own lives...ect

This thread/ News here is very good info....sad..but glad we know it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by tracehd1 because: Corr

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Another thing you can do if you want to help the Japanese would be start sending them shipments of potasium iodide. The way fallout hurts people is it gets into your thyroid, unless you bind your thyroid up with iodide then the radioactive particles can't get in and they pass right thru you. I can get real goods deals on bulk iodide

I'll bet half the people out there screaming about all of this don't even know the first thing about how radiation even affects biological organisms.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Thank-you OP for sharing this information with us.

I can't express in words how I feel regarding this. Forgive me if I sound over dramatic, but it actually brought me to tears. I feel ashamed to be a part of a human race that would allow this (and the gulf spill disaster) to happen and not spend every resource possible trying to heal our oceans and our earth.

Something that I feel is important to note, concerns a disturbing fact I read in an article (likely posted here) about Fukishima, Honestly, the point the author raised --- disturbed me right the bone.

In the article, the author compared that the catastrophe with Fukishima to the nuclear disaster in Chernobyl. And one thing the author mentioned was that although the Chernobyl disaster was horrific it was actually not nearly as severe as Fukishima.

And what the author noted, was that even though Chernobyl was not quite a bad as Fukishima --- the area that the Ukrainian government found to be unlivable, and quarantined off due to high levels of radiation --- is actually larger than the entire country of Japan.

I sincerely think that any sane species would insist that the people of Japan evacuate immediately. I don't mean to sound like a child --- but honestly imho, the people of Japan are very welcome to come and live in Canada, we have lots of room here. I understand not wanting to abandon one's country --- but if my children's health and future were at stake, I'd move in a heartbeat if it was possible.

Of course, one could make the point that if we keep poisoning our oceans --- the entire planet will become unlivable.

But anyways, without question, this is something that truly matters and I all I can suggest is that --- we, people who do care just have to become much much LOUDER and make our voices heard!!!
edit on 1-5-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'll bet half the people out there screaming about all of this don't even know the first thing about how radiation even affects biological organisms.

They are even more misinformed by statements like that. "Iodide" tablets are only helpful in the case of Radioactive Iodine which is short lived and except for any fresh releases has mostly decayed already. It would be poison to take it now.

It has no effect on longer lived nuclides like Cesium and Plutonium for instance. Do not recommend ingesting iodide tablets everyone.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, it's got to happen.

Chernobyl. Turns water "bitter" by radiation.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I just wish once we could get a straight answer from the US govt. on this matter, I wish they would address the world and state how neighboring Govts are all working together in a joint effort to solve this global crisis... I hate that they treat us all like idiots, I hate that they act like we cant handle the truth... For once I just want them to give it to us straight, am I asking for too much???

The planet is slowly being contaminated, Fukushima, Deepwater Horizon, and all the stuff we dont hear about, I just wish the world cared more about the planet and the damage they are causing it...

Stories like this just make me sad now.... I use to be angry, but now i just shake my head in disbelief...
edit on 2-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hello sorry folks but the water is radioactive to a lesser degree than the substance that radiated it. I repeat the water is radioactive not just the high level particles in it. If you filtered all the foreign particles out of the water ,the water is now radioactive to a lesser degree. If the pacific ocean dies the vast majority of you all will soon die also. One asprian sized tablet of plutonium handed from hand to hand can extreminate the entire population of humans on the earth.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Nothing has ever made me so sick to my stomach like this has. Ignorance is bliss; I just had no idea HOW bad it was until reading this.

I had an epiphany this evening about the whole situation. Have any of you ever seen the movie "Children of Men"? I think it was a great film, grossly underrated. If not, (***SPOILER ALERT***) the premise is that in the UK (and I'm assuming everywhere else, as well), for some unknown reason, women can no longer get pregnant, and it's been like... years and years. As a result, the human world would end due to the end of the species. This caused obvious chaos and so, the government, in their foresight, began distributing suicide packs. Just take your nice pill and be done, no more fear, no more worries. The world is going to end for humanity anyway, right? Wrong. Turns out there are indeed babies, but there are secret places outside of the UK (presumably) where new and pregnant mothers are being hidden. It was rumored and denied by the government, but hey! It was real! What is my point?

My point is that today, I read about all of the dastardly things going on with the government, the environment, space, the sun, etc.... we did not hear a word for a year about this incident in Japan, now suddenly, they are letting us know that not only were they wrong and put the world in danger, but it's about to get a hell of a lot worse. Why the conscience all of a sudden? Why tell us? If things are so dire, and the inevitable will occur (according to many stories as of late) then why not let "nature" take its course? There would be no real long timeline to riot, cause chaos, etc, if it's as bad as they say, so why say anything at all? Why militarize the ground and skies if everything is going to hell in a handbasket? Makes no sense. Well, to me it does.

Maybe I'm just nuts, perhaps so at this point
, but there seems to be a similarity to the movie "Children of Men". A real circumstance happens and it gets to the point that everyone knows. There is no hope, no future, humanity will be ending, it's come to a head, so take your suicide pill and go out on your own terms. No more fear, no more sadness, it's over when you want it to be. Maybe this latest round of news from the Japanese and American governments is the equivalent of the little sweet suicide packs, government-sponsored relief, a nudging, it's all going to hell anyway.... but maybe there's really a nice little island of little babies and pregnant women trotting around out there, if you get what I mean. When people lose hope, they don't care to live. People who don't care to live don't care what's really going on out there and cannot see there is a future, a future vehemently denied by the government.

What I'm saying is, and I'm afraid I'm not being too concise, I'm tired, is that I'm not denying the incredibly horrid stuff coming down the pike, the stuff that's been raining down on us for a year, but maybe the sudden interest in honesty--by the MSM and the government--is suspect. Why? If something was so horrible, coming our way, total annhilation, a true ELE, wouldn't all of the militarization tactics, troop movements, etc. all be moot? Over a year of knowing, but still doing all of this, why?

My two cents, for whatever they're worth these days

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockinground
Hello sorry folks but the water is radioactive to a lesser degree than the substance that radiated it. I repeat the water is radioactive not just the high level particles in it. If you filtered all the foreign particles out of the water ,the water is now radioactive to a lesser degree. If the pacific ocean dies the vast majority of you all will soon die also. One asprian sized tablet of plutonium handed from hand to hand can extreminate the entire population of humans on the earth.

Thanks for bringing such sunshine to this thread!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Salt water is pretty bloody good at breaking up stuff, while I don't doubt a good chunk of ocean immediately around Fuku is irradiated, i think it would be difficult for it to contaminate the entire pacific..

its a pretty freakn massive body of water.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by jhn7537

Salt water is pretty bloody good at breaking up stuff, while I don't doubt a good chunk of ocean immediately around Fuku is irradiated, i think it would be difficult for it to contaminate the entire pacific..

its a pretty freakn massive body of water.

I'm guessing that we wont really know the true effects of this disaster for another 10-20 years

But who even knows if we'll ever get a straight answer about the severity of the situation...
edit on 2-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is so surreal.. sitting here talking about this, people just chillin.. If reactor #4 collapses or explodes.. we're looking at some pretty intense and grim outcomes.

The world as we know it will be changed forever. I feel like I'm in a dream, like right when the explosion is about to hit you and you wake up.....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Note that I don't even claim to be an expert on nucear radiation or physics. But then again I'm not out for over a year now publishing articles etc trying to cause mass hysteria. If your going to go out marching around shouting things that could stress some people to the point of a heart attack, you had better know what the hell your talking about.

And when half the people out there can deduce as nearly absurd that something so tragic for some people is being so sensationalized targetted at us on the other side of the world, I call that some twisted sinister sheet.

I can't understand how people for decades before BP or Fukushima have claimed that environmentalists patently overstate their cases. No clue whatsoever.

During the Gulf mess there were even people on here claiming that frozen methane was going to sublimate and collapse massive geographical seafloor sections causing tidal waves that would be exploding fireballs from the rapidly expanding methane gas!! Its no wonder there were people literally commiting suicide over that crisis.

People would spend hours everyday bickering and debating about it when if they weren't selfish and actually cared they could gone and did some side work and make a few extra bucks to help out those fishermen who couldn't fish.

I even started several threads trying to elicit different solutions to help out in ways that actually mattered and nobody seemed to care about any of that. It's hard for me to not see such doomongers also try to help the REAL victims as a special kind of hypocritical evil.

The idea that the one fisherman captain in particular blew his brains out on his boat right in front of his crew, while the doomongers that blew things WAY out of proportion pushing people like him to that point didn't slit their wrists is the real tragedy.

Meanwhile there are real people being affected in numerous ways over there in Japan so why not top screaming and figure a way to actually help out instead potentially scare them even more than they already are. Ew, poor you America. The millibar levels might double over everyday background levels.
Pull your hair out and run down the street...

GODZILLA IS COMING!
edit on 2-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Less than 4 more years there will be thousands of radiation related deaths from this japanese event just in japan . The whole world will have a great death toll from this. If nothing gets worse. One of the cooling pools is tipping over right now and is being jacked up, it is full of rods , that if exposed will ignite. Tons and tons of radioactive burning rods . Well you all wanted nuclear power now you got it. Have fun. The world was warned by many to end nuclear power , even number two man who made the first nuclear bomb warned the world.! potassium iodide comed s in many forms and concentrations do some research youll need it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join