It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD AS HELL short story entry [MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And the din rose ..thousands upon thousands with their heads out of windows, their fists clenched, their blood pressure high …”I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

Silently, across the nation, pressure built in storage vats of fluoride. One burst, and then two…. Soon every storage container that held fluoride broke and oozed like a child’s diaper that had reached capacity. Tanker trucks that were hauling the apathy elixir left a trail of chemical slop that caused cars to spin.

A bulletin hit Faye Dunaways desk “Wandering Zombies mass in the streets” … she read in disbelief. There were hundreds of reports of citizens, wandering aimlessly. Many of them carried what appeared to be crop circle making apparatus, boards with ropes attached. It was reported that they were drawn to hay fields to lay down their perfect geometric patterns.

There were other odd things about the zombies. They seemed to be chanting something along the lines of, (and there are a few phrases here so I hope I get them correct), “Deny Ignorance” seemed to be the main phrase … along with something along the lines of “Comic Elenin” ..and .. “beware May 20th ..and March 15th ..and Sep 10th .. it seemed the zombies had a lot of dates that they were chanting ..noone could pinpoint an exact one.

The stock market plunged the next day ..1000 points in less than a minute..and then suddenly was back to normal. A hologram of Andy Kaufman was projected at every major city in order to confuse the zombies and keep them in order. Chaos tried to reign, but no one really cared all that much.

Howard Beale awoke with a splitting headache; his head protruding from the window. The first sight he saw was a criss-cross pattern of contrails as planes, piloted by zombies, left a grid of haze. He knew he had to do something, but what? He made his was down to the café for a pink ooze sandwich.

In the newsroom there was an emergency meeting. The pundits were trying to come up with a moniker, a nickname for the zombies. “Occupiers?” “No too violent” … “The birth truther gang?” .. “Not catchy enough” … “Agave Toast Searchers?” ..perrrfect!

edit on 1/5/12 by masqua because: Added [MAD] to title as per contest rules

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Help- ..I need a bump here...

voter fraud ..I suppose ..but ... monkey see ..monkey doo ...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
DESPERATE, SHAMELESS, SOS

bump to get this pab read

join