It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A revolution! [MAD]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I watched the newscast and felt so invigorated. Someone finally telling us to stand up for ourselves, to fight our oppressors and do something about it. And the first thing I did was I ran outside in the rain and I shouted at the top of my lungs, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

Then others followed.

Finally there was thousands in the streets chanting. It was almost as if the streetlights flickered in rhythm to our voices. Dogs barked and car alarms went off. And we paced down the streets passed the banks, the police stations and the government offices.

It was finally going to happen. A revolution! An uprising to demand everything the working class deserves and there would be nothing to stop the movement. Finally the world was going to change.

Then my wife called me on my cell phone and told me she saw a picture posted on twitter of me marching with the crowd. She was so mad.

"What the hell are you doing Harold, are you crazy?"

She continued,

"Mom just saw your Facebook status update, 'vive le revolution', are you nuts? How in the world am I going to explain this to my Mother?"

It struck me there that I had mucked up.

"Get your ass home and back to bed Harold."

That was the next thing she said.

So I left the march and most of the others did as well. The police came and broke things up and the next day reddit links were showing how a bunch of hooligans interrupted the march and caused damage to city buildings. I'm just hoping I don't get implicated in the mess.

And I'm hoping my wife will forgive me.

She really made me understand how people like me caused this whole mess and we should have just been more thoughtful about the people around us. The so called 'revolution' was just a bunch of nonsense and nothing really happened anyway. Besides a bunch of those bad apples being arrested. Imagine I almost jeopardized my life by participating in something that turned criminal.

I'll sure know better for next time. Gee whiz....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You silly sarcastic writer !!!!

Bravo.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Looking forward to reading yours sonny.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Right out the gate!

I'm going to have to give this one some thought. . . . .

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You son of a bitch! I got arrested that night while you and your wife were bickering on the phone!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
And the din rose ..thousands upon thousands with their heads out of windows, their fists clenched, their blood pressure high …”I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

Silently, across the nation, pressure built in storage vats of fluoride. One burst, and then two…. Soon every storage container that held fluoride broke and oozed like a child’s diaper that had reached capacity. Tanker trucks that were hauling the apathy elixir left a trail of chemical slop that caused cars to spin.

A bulletin hit Faye Dunaways desk “Wandering Zombies mass in the streets” … she read in disbelief. There were hundreds of reports of citizens, wandering aimlessly. Many of them carried what appeared to be crop circle making apparatus, boards with ropes attached. It was reported that they were drawn to hay fields to lay down their perfect geometric patterns.

There were other odd things about the zombies. They seemed to be chanting something along the lines of, (and there are a few phrases here so I hope I get them correct), “Deny Ignorance” seemed to be the main phrase … along with something along the lines of “Comic Elenin” ..and .. “beware May 20th ..and March 15th ..and Sep 10th .. it seemed the zombies had a lot of dates that they were chanting ..noone could pinpoint an exact one.

The stock market plunged the next day ..1000 points in less than a minute..and then suddenly was back to normal. A hologram of Andy Kaufman was projected at every major city in order to confuse the zombies and keep them in order. Chaos tried to reign, but no one really cared all that much.

Howard Beale awoke with a splitting headache; his head protruding from the window. The first sight he saw was a criss-cross pattern of contrails as planes, piloted by zombies, left a grid of haze. He knew he had to do something, but what? He made his was down to the café for a pink ooze sandwich.

In the newsroom there was an emergency meeting. The pundits were trying to come up with a moniker, a nickname for the zombies. “Occupiers?” “No too violent” … “The birth truther gang?” .. “Not catchy enough” … “Agave Toast Searchers?” ..perrrfect!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That was beautiful. But the wife in my case is, while a bit worried, very supportive of what I do. It's MY MOTHER that's the problem!

"You're gonna get yourself killed Robert Alan," she says. This from a woman who was an OG John Bircher and survivalist; and I'm talking back in the early '70's. "So what?" I reply. "What makes me so special? I can think of worse reasons to die."

But yeah, apathy. As long as people can watch their Dancing with the Stars, Toddlers & Tiaras, and Jersey Shore they don't really care what's happening outside their little zone of comfort. 24/7 On Demand entertainment - Of the worst possible kind, Toddlers & Tiaras? Really? Pedophile much? - has created a true Idiocracy in this country. It's totally "The Matrix," and everyone is asleep.

I'm gonna change my handle to Neo.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FenderWolf
You son of a bitch! I got arrested that night while you and your wife were bickering on the phone!

So it was you that was streaking in the crowd!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

It's actually a little creepy what passes for entertainment (distractions) these days.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by boncho

Right out the gate!

I'm going to have to give this one some thought. . . . .

I find the less thought you give the better they turn out for some reason...

I spent hours coming up with an idea before and it was passed on like a stale biscuit. But when you just spout the first bit of verbal diarrhea that comes up, well that's the ticket my friend.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Bravo,bravo...a very realistic story.
People will be motivated,inspired to act,but without proper
leadership and planning,they will be arrested and fail in their
mission.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Now we know who's the boss

Nice story Boncho.

Good luck.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

I guess you saw 'Network' as well, Howard Beale, what a great movie hero!

www.imdb.com...

One of my all time favourite films. Great idea, like alternative endings, or scenes that didn't make the final cut.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So, you're saying, don't rock the boat, drink the fouride, and behave!

top topics

join