It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Civilizations, Sunken Islands, Lost Cities & Coasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I thought there was a forum where members could post links to their blogs, but if so, I can't find it.

When ATS changed their file upload system, I was no longer able to do uploads unless I downloaded the new Flash Player. New Flash Player doesn't work with my browser and my OS and the only way to get the new version is to buy a new computer and all brand new software. That's just not feasable to me, because I have a lot of graphics software. I asked if they'd have an alternate HTML upload, but they said no. -- pout -- So I can't upload any graphics until I buy a new computer and all new graphics software.

Then I was googling around and noticed that most historical information on Ancient Civilizations was outdated. I'm sure others have noticed the phenomena as well that the bulk of info that ends up in the search engines is thousands of listings of mirroring Wikipedia, word-for-word. It's an annoyance. To find a non-mirror site of historical information about a region, one has to go through 10 pages or more of google links. Then finally, someone can find a site that isn't copying Wikipedia word-for-word. -- You know it's true --

So I finally decided to do a blog, solely on Ancient Civilizations. A themed blog. All the stuff that isn't in Wikipedia. Maps of sunken islands and coasts. Known archeological finds and civilizations and WHERE those ancient groups lived in their ancient cities. It's all pre-history. I try to keep everything to a range from the last glacial maximum (12,000 B.C.E.) to Ancient Classical Greece.

Anyways ... it's up on the net at ...

Ancient Civilizations, Sunken Islands, Lost Cities & Coasts

Plus I need to test my new sig to make sure that it displays properly in posts.

Enjoy surfing!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is really good work I'll have to set aside an evening to go through this.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Fantastic work, thank you! I'll be reviewing this material for sure.

join