It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pub Ghost "Caught on Camera"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Spooked pub-goers say they have caught on camera the spirit that has been haunting their local for years.

Regulars at the Apsley House in Southsea, Hants, say a generous ghoul, believed to be the ghost of a former barman, keeps topping up their drinks.

And at a recent retirement party for one staff member, regular Paul Morgan says he finally photographed the mysterious phantom.

Mr Morgan, 47, said: "I was taking lots of photos with my iPhone because it was a fancy dress-themed party.

"I took a few of a group of friends and it was once I looked at them a while later I noticed something strange in the background.

"I took two shots in a matter of seconds. You can't see anything strange in the first, then a face appears in the next.

"It is very weird. I showed my kids and they couldn't believe it. There was no one near at the time."

Landlord Paul Wicks added they had nicknamed their ghostly regular Reedy - after actor and legendary drinker Oliver Reed.

"People say they have seen the ghost at the bar and that they feel things - cold spots things like that," he said.

"I am a sceptic but can't see any rhyme or reason for what is in that photo."

To me the picture looks like motion blur - or some other type of camera issue.

But, I am no expert - so you be the judge.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't know what's creepier, the man grinning or the supposed ghost.

The ghost reminds me of a banana. Don't know why.

It also doesn't appear to "fit" in the photo....so my guess is photoshop?

S & F for the real ATS experts to have a go.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i think that it's the two ladies blurred hands.

but cool, none the less!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
IMO, it looks like two hands with motion blur..

The lower hand is the right hand of the person with their back to us, the upper hand is the right hand of the person facing us..

Both persons are behind the smiling guy..

We have a saying.. If in doubt, throw it out..

nice find though.. always worth a look

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think there's something very, very important we all need to bear in mind in this case, and It's this...

Mr Morgan, 47, said: "I was taking lots of photos with my iPhone because it was a fancy dress-themed party.

"I took a few of a group of friends and it was once I looked at them a while later I noticed something strange in the background.

Similar to the UFO world in fact, when we have to look back and It's only then that we saw something weird... Well, that's a sure sign that there actually isn't anywhere weird present in the first place. This picture doesn't even look that spooky as well, just quite random. There's no real order to anything there, and I dare say Pareidolia is the cause for why some are seeing it as more than it is.

But, that's just my opinion of course.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of a bad face mapping glitch in Skyrim.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

The ghost reminds me of a banana. Don't know why.

you are very perceptive!
That is actually "Smeary the shape shifting morphatic ghost"! The photographer was lucky enough to catch Smeary in one of his/her transmorphatic shape shifting states. It appears Smeary is somewhere between blurred lady hands and banana at the time this photo was snapped.
*Two of Smeary's favorite entities are the banana and blurred lady hands. Why? That remains a mystery.
If you were ever in that Pub, ate a banana and had it disagree with you. Well, you probably ate Smeary

This a fact, validated and confirmed by top Russian scientists at Sorcha Faal Research Institute of Paranormal Studies

PS Smeary is a dumb name, I know, but don't blame me! I don't just make these things up.
edit on 1-5-2012 by grubblesnert because: Late breaking news

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It's the wenchies hands. The so called ghost looks like an old friend of mine.

He's not THAT short though.

I'm off to York this weekend, might nip into the Fleece to see if I get any vibes. By all accounts the place is heaving with them, surprised you can get to the bar.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Has anyone complained about not being able to see the original pic? W/ it blown up in that spot it's hard to get a good perspective....

Js

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Classic pareidolia case....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
to me it looks like some sort of motion blur, but omg at that guys grin that creeps me out big time

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Your story of Smeary made my day. I would applaud you if I could!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by grubblesnert

Your story of Smeary made my day. I would applaud you if I could!
thanks for the great compliment

Dad always said if you don't have anything intelligent to add to the coversation.........blurt out something stupid

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe that is motion blur..now about that guy smiling..

There is no rational reason that he creeps me out but yeah he does.

and hahaha i love the view of jesus!
edit on 8-5-2012 by jenlovesturtles because: (no reason given)

top topics

join