It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mad as Hell Writing Contest [MAD][Winners Announced]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Watch the whole 5 minutes of this clip:

...then write a story about what happens next.

Does it change anything? Is there an uprising against the PTB? Is the #Occupy movement part of this? Will there be a true revolution? Will heads roll? Does it change the world and if it does, how?

It's May 1, and, just perhaps, the ordinary working stiffs of this planet are due for their day of glory.

All T&C's apply

Title must contain [MAD]

Enter as many stories as you like, but post them as seperate threads in the Short Story forum.

No upper or lower word count limits

Any writing form acceptable

There will be three winners chosen, based solely on the number of flags their story receives from your fellow members.

The contest runs until midnight, May 31 and the winners announced the following morning of June 1.

Winners only will get writer status, 5 'applauses' each and included in the Showcase of Winners.

edit on 1/6/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
ive seen the movie and loved it! i even posted this clip before. i know what happens next so i don't have to write a story about it. i don't like stories anyway,i prefer the truth!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My first entry. - A revolution [MAD]

Thanks for bringing another contest about Masqua. This was fun to write. Although I think the number of multiple entries might be limited given the linear structure of this one.

Maybe not. I guess we'll see.

edit on 1-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

No-one could ever accuse the ATS crowd of thinking 'inside the box'.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by boncho

No-one could ever accuse the ATS crowd of thinking 'inside the box'.

Well said.

Here's my Entry.....

I am [MAD]

Enjoy People.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This was fun! Here's my humble contribution

42 years later...[MAD]

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thought I'd try again.

This is fun!

I'm As Evil As Hell

Good luck everyone!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
adding mine.........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ok, after wanting to join one of these writing contests for a while now... here is my first attempt. Hope you enjoy!!

First Wave [MAD]
edit on 1-5-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
My first entry of the month. I'm excited about this one. I t will be hard to divise different stories but with my mind i should do OK.

Get Off Your Butts And Follow Me, I am Marine Corps Infantry.[MAD]

And one more.

The Easy Way Out.[MAD]

edit on 1/5/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not even 12 hours for the contest being open and there are over 10 entries. Short Stories on ATS is really starting to pick up. I will be sure to go through all the entries as I know a lot of others will too.

Glad the new people entering are here. Don't stop now, keep it up in the future as well.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Not even 12 hours for the contest being open and there are over 10 entries. Short Stories on ATS is really starting to pick up. I will be sure to go through all the entries as I know a lot of others will too.

Glad the new people entering are here. Don't stop now, keep it up in the future as well.

I have read them all already. We are going to have a lot of competition this month. I have some wonderfull ideas flowing though and it will become interesting.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I am going to post my story here because even though I've had an account for a while I still don't know how to use this site properly anyway here's my version

(MAD)
By midnight the streets were lined with people shoulder to shoulder. People were chanting, people were screaming, people were marching. No one had seen anything like this before. The sound coming from the crowds were unimaginable, there wasn't a clear message being chanted it was more like a deep rumble of pure rage echoing at a steady pace. The image was of pure destruction , buildings were crumbling, glass was smashing and alarms were jeering . Helicopters were overhead , the march of soldiers boots were getting closer and closer, but the people didn't care, all they knew was they were mad and nothing was going to stop them. The people had risen.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Shameless plug:
[MAD]

Anyways I've always wondered what applause means. AFAIK it's only given out by mods correct?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
Shameless plug:
[MAD]

Anyways I've always wondered what applause means. AFAIK it's only given out by mods correct?

Applause is given when mods feel you are contributing to the forum in a big way. If you are looking for a thread example, check out this thread by Isaackoi as I am sure it received applause. (As most of Isaac's threads deserve it).

Then you have some posts that get them as well,

and in this case, the winners of the contest receive them.

If you look at the "member" status under the username, you will see some people have writer instead. You also get this after placing in the top three of a writing contest.

Hope to see you keep writing.

edit on 1-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ty boncho. That's what I figured but wasn't sure.

I've also seen writer status on mem's prfiles before and I knew it had to be earned.
edit on 5/1/12 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Fun thread to write, way too easy to get into it and turn a short story into a novel that would take the next five years to write. Hope you enjoy my entry and thanks for inspiring the imagination.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My very humble entry.
Truely I am [MAD]

I'm afraid it's not very good....sorry.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I just finished reading all the entries for the contest.
You guys are awesome.

I wish good luck to all of you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join