It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians make a racket about mysterious noise

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

The city of Taos, in northern New Mexico, USA, had a famous low frequency (but frequent) hum in the 80's and 90's that was never definitively sourced.

I also seem to remember the same phenom in the U.S.S.R. (or Russia for you kids) at the same time.

Perhaps a geologic precursor to these noises or underground construction/power generation?

Faint echoes of a Godzilla in the nextdoor dimension?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

And as far as oil goes, why are we still burning stuff for energy in the 21st century?

Those oil companies have some serious regressive clout.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What about the great lakes? -__- Man really, Canada is one hell of a place, with the most beautiful looks in the world, though abused by the industries.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyTruth
Canada is one hell of a place, with the most beautiful looks in the world, though abused by the industries.

Yeah... strip & open pit mining, plus old-growth clear-cutting kinda wreaks havoc with the natural ambience.

BUT... has anyone bothered to look at Zug Island (USA) which is the suggested source of the hum being heard in Windsor?

Wow.

Butt ugly doesn't even come close.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Interesting. My job takes me to Detroit about three to four times a week. While in Detroit, I hear nothing. Never have (aside from the industrial noises). But, while staying overnight in Southgate (a suburb of Detroit), I can hear a low humming coming from the North (Detroit). I always attributed it to all the industries around river Rouge and Dearborn. There are quite a few manufacturing plants and industries around that area. I mean, while taking the I-75 bridge over river Rouge, look down. It's all industries. Every bit. Gotta think that's where the noise is coming from??!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
reply to post by AriesJedi

No idea, I live in a suburban area that's just on the outskirts of Windsor. Whenever I heard it though it was much more than just a hum. I posted in another thread previously about my strongest experience, it was about half a year ago now, but it was loud booms one after another late at night as if they were using dynamite to get underground. It lasted for a good few minutes then stopped, same thing each time I heard it. Doesn't sound natural to me, somebody somewhere knows exactly what's going on but for some reason can't tell us.
edit on 1-5-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

Well, the Detroit area is above one of the largest salt mines in the U.S. Could be that?
www.detroitsalt.com...

"The Detroit Salt Company, LLC, a subsidiary of The Kissner Group, is a part of the history and fabric of Detroit with nearly 100 years of operations. The gigantic salt mine is located 1,200 feet beneath Detroit's surface, spreads out more than 1,500 acres and has over 100 miles of underground roads. The mineshaft opening is located at 12841 Sanders Street in Detroit, Michigan."
www.detroitsalt.com... (Welcome to the city beneath the city)
edit on 2-5-2012 by wolverine81 because: Add text

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
During this last winter here in Vail, Arizona (by Tucson) I began hearing 'Thunder'? As this is not too unusual I would just "Blow it Off", but now, it is occurring every day & my wife who is partially deaf can also clearly hear it. It sounds just like 'rolling thunder' during our 'monsoon' season but there is no 'percussion' or 'feeling' of it as when a 'wave' of 'sound' hits U from natural thunder??? I have called everyone I can think of & am just 'Blown Off' or told they don't know what it is but that they have had other 'reports' of it. The Air Base hear says "Not Us", the 'Mines' aren't 'Blasting', so I don't have any answers? I have been watching a 'Line' of 'Earthquakes' running from Chile to Alaska & watching their Depth & Size as well as 'Volcanoes' & I believe we may see a 'LARGE SHIFT' in 'Plates' along the western edge of the U.S. all the way down to Chile shortly???

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Sounds like Zug Island may be the culprit.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Here's a new article from today's Windsor Star (our local Newspaper);

www.windsorstar.com...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyTruth
reply to post by FlySolo

What about the great lakes? -__- Man really, Canada is one hell of a place, with the most beautiful looks in the world, though abused by the industries.

It's Harper and his damn majority government.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very strange... this reminds me of this one day, a few years ago, when all of New York City smelled like maple syrup. Nobody knew what it was, just all of NYC reeked of maple syrup for the whole day. My brothers worked there at the time and they said it was real weird. Google it, sure something's bound to come up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join