It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians make a racket about mysterious noise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Ummm... hey, oh great finger pointer... you're country through BP is responsible for the single greatest ecological disaster to hit any ecosystem in recent history. A cataclysm the true long term effect of which we are only now starting to see. Not to mention complete denial of responsibility from the party that caused it. Why don't you take a look in your own back yard before screaming foul about something you obviously know nothing. Get a life.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Wow, talk about painting a whole country with one insulting brush stroke. What part of the audio on this sound posted before your post did you not get? Maybe too "lazy" to read the whole thread hmmm?

Oh yeah we're real dopey and stupid up here. At least I've had enough education to use proper grammar and punctuation. Duh...EVERY sentence needs a capital? Even COUNTRIES? Duh....okay....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok I've had enough....! Could a moderator please put an end to the oilsands debate on this thread before it derails it completely.
For those arguing for or against oilsands please move your comments to the appropriate thread.

Thank you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Could be the earth crying out for them to stop raping it...

Canada disgusts me....

Hey, not all Canadians are for the tar sands to begin with, and The US is no angel either, I love how you manage to spin a story on Noises into a Canada Disgusts me post. That is a Picture from the Alberta Oil sands, literally thousands of miles away from Windsor Ontario, the same place %20 of your domestic il comes from. Out of curiosity, where do you stand on KeystoneXL?

As far as the noise is concerned, I posted a thread on this a little over a week ago when the Canadian Federal government announced plans to look into this phenomenon, so it is no small issue or conspiracy, somebody is actually taking it seriously.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Using this issue to trash Canada on a tangent issue is not too cool, makes you look ignorant.

ETA: I have to apologize if the Original poster of the quote above is not American as has been indicated elsewhere in the thread, I am not anti-American, I just made the assumption that this insulting post to Canada was made by one, sorry for anyone who I wrongly offended.
edit on 5/2/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

Hay everybody, here is the link to the original thread.

The Other Windsor Noise Thread

Hey RyanFromCan, didn't mean to copy you. Must of been writing at the same time.

edit on 1-5-2012 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Could be the earth crying out for them to stop raping it...

Canada disgusts me....

Your ignorance disgusts me. That picture was from over 2,000 k away from where the actual noise was.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am just postulating a Theory here.

Running between Detroit and Windsor is the Detroit River/St.Clair River, a shipping lane for Great Lakes traffic. Having lived in Southern Ontario, Both in Hamilton Ontario, nicknamed "Steel City" for a reason, as both Stelco, and Dofasco, (at the time) and in Niagara-On-The-Lake, near the mouth of the St. Laurence Seaway, I am wonder if there may be a combination of sources.

1) The steel industry, specifically Blast Furnaces can be quite loud, so can rolling mills and Pig Casting operations especially if the pig molds are damp, it does make quit the "bang" as the molten steel hits the damp sand, instantly turning the moisture into steam, essentially a steam explosion, so that may be one source of the sound.

2) Lakers, and the odd sea going vessels travel the seaway and the St.Clair river between the two cities, may of the vessels use very large Diesel engines,and some use gas turbines for power. Having many times heard these vessels running, they do emit a low rumble that tends to echo, as it is a very low frequency sound, both from the turbines and diesels. This could be another source for the sounds given the right atmospheric and environmental conditions.

These sounds could be affected by the acoustics of the area. As a trucker, I have crossed the Ambassador bridge between Detroit and Windsor many times, It is interesting to note that Windsor does not have the prevalence of high rise buildings as the downtown of Detroit has, could these buildings be reflecting oand concentrating the sounds?

Detroit River Laker - Wikipedia

Chasing Great Lake Freighter - YouTube Video

Visiting MI from Atlanta we spent the day on my brothers boat on the Detroit River - great day, perfect weather.

As you can see from the video, some of these vessels are really moving out in that section of the river.

Vessels transiting the Welland Canal - YouTube Video
This Video is a little long winded,but there are several examples of the engine sounds of some vessels in it.

I tried some videos of the raw sounds of Blast furnaces but was unable to find one (not that they are not out there)maybe another poster can?

Just a theory, can anyone refute, or expand on this theory?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

That's cool, no prob, not trying to "take over" the thread, as a matter of fact, that would be just stupid (Hi Semper)
I was only linking to the article where it was announced the the feds would be looking into it, so it was not just some dumb little conspiracy, but rather something that is being taken seriously.
edit on 5/2/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I ddin't read every post in this thread, but I did see this mornings news about Canadians now hearing the rumble.

I wrote this little blurb before I saw this topic had already been posted.

There has to be something to this rumbling phenomenon. The naysayers laugh it off as atmpospheric or as common everyday items that we nomally hear, but for some reason we've been noticing it more as of late. NOT SO. We're not rubes. We are people all over the planet hearing this. Something IS diffefrent.

I am 38 year old and have lived near Fort Knox heavy machinery division/heavy artilerry ranger my whole life. If it shakes rattles or rolls, it is tested here in Kentucky, thanks to General Patton, Fort Knox is the premier big bad weaponry depot and they DO test them. I have heard and can identfiy every known military aircraft and land based vehicle. I can even identify a dirigible/airship before it comes into view simply by its engine noise.

Recently I felt a low rumble, what could be suprised as a LARGE diesel truck sitting outside my window. The rumble caused even my concrete indoor/outdoor porch to shake, like a small earthquake. I was concerned enough to get up and go take a look and to my suprise there was nobody near my home. Not a truck, large or small.
As it turns out, MANY hundres of people heard this noise that same day, They called local TV stations, who then called Fort Knox ( as this would seem the most reasonable cause for loud noises) Fort Knoc claimed it as doing heavy artilllery drills an due to the low clouds in the area, the noise ws being carried farther was all they could " THINK". Yes, thats right, they say that they didn't know. They were hastening an educatede guess because they had not heard it or registered there . And yet myself and thousands of others south of Fort Knox did.

Then you have an entire town in Wisconsin, claiming the same phenomenon, After days of no answers, finally it was blamed on a very rare "swarm" of earthquakes. Lifetime and multi generation people living in this town had never experience this before. Odd.

Then you have single reports from single people all over the United States, ALL reporting the SAME THING. Thousand of people who have found this phenomenon so "different" than anything they've felt before that they have taken time out of their day to report it, Write about it. Even try to catch it on tape.

Then you have single reports from people all over EUROPE ALL reporting the SAME THING. Thousand of people who have found this phenomenon so "different" than anything they've felt before that they have taken time out of their day to report it, Write about it. Even try to catch it on tape.

Youtube, as well as hundreds of international message boards are reporting this phenomenon. And people, being relatively lazy, don't go out of their way to report or try to record odd noises just for fun.

I personally find this ODD and not in a big coincendence way. I'm not blaming martians or the earth cracking apart or fracking.I simply don't know. What's gauling is that they're scrambling to find a single cases that is isolated and IS man made.......and then try to act as though all the much larger events, the much more mysterious events ALL OVER THE WORLD are due to simple situations like this,.when it's not. I DO NOT KNOW. However I am not so niave as to believe the simple stories being fed to us. This is worldwide and I don't believe it is natural.
edit on 2-5-2012 by BlueFoxToo because: I said I was 28, I am 38. Wishful thinking.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueFoxToo

If you look at history, we used to live on one great big continent...and then it shifted and changed. Maybe its happening again?

Tectonic plates making their move? Packing up and headed south? lol

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I talk to a friend that is in Windsor frequently and he says he hears the 'hum' and has tried everything to ignore it. He says its not constant though. I asked him if he's heard 'booms' and he said he hasn't. However, where I live (in Ohio) the news is now reporting the sound of large booms. I have not heard them personally, maybe its something you have to be outside to hear or maybe I'm just not tuned into it, but others are hearing them more frequently now. The news is saying it's sonic booms. Another news station reported that it was from a company who was blowing up part of a quarry. That can't be right if people report the same 'boom' from 50 miles away... just food for thought. Personally I suspect something larger is happening inside the planet all over the world.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here is a thread I started but didn't get much attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Relax.

On May 20th, 2012 you will find out what it is just be patient.

(BOOM !!!!)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Relax.

On May 20th, 2012 you will find out what it is just be patient.

(BOOM !!!!)

And you know this how? What proof do you have of this?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by steelwidow
I talk to a friend that is in Windsor frequently and he says he hears the 'hum' and has tried everything to ignore it. He says its not constant though. I asked him if he's heard 'booms' and he said he hasn't. However, where I live (in Ohio) the news is now reporting the sound of large booms. I have not heard them personally, maybe its something you have to be outside to hear or maybe I'm just not tuned into it, but others are hearing them more frequently now. The news is saying it's sonic booms. Another news station reported that it was from a company who was blowing up part of a quarry. That can't be right if people report the same 'boom' from 50 miles away... just food for thought. Personally I suspect something larger is happening inside the planet all over the world.

Sonic booms? Hahaha, that really makes me laugh. Trust me, I know what a sonic boom sounds like and it's DEFINITELY not that, lol. I was outside the last time I heard the booms, no planes or jets in sight. Sure, I guess it could be some stealthy jet or weapon you can't see, but come on, try again.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by chrismicha77

MOD Edit

Was that really necessary....a little childish wasn't it? I just asked you a simple question. You say we'll find out on May 20th but show no proof. For all I know is you just pulled a date out of your head.
edit on 5/2/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have heard a few noises like that, but they didnt last that long, figured they were just big planes or something.

Maybe they are mining salt? Theres tons of it here and would require big drills which id imagine make a hum like that. Maybe the miners in michigan navigated wrong and are under canada and dont even know it, unless they mine for it in windsor too.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe they're all tuning our planet to a different frequency/vibration.

Anyone see one of the newer episodes of Fringe, where they're trying to bring the two vibratory frequencies of the parallel universes in tune with each other?

Well, what if all this humming and tuning around the planet is just that? Changing the vibration for whatever purpose.

Just a weird idea.

Khar

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
Maybe they're all tuning our planet to a different frequency/vibration.

Anyone see one of the newer episodes of Fringe, where they're trying to bring the two vibratory frequencies of the parallel universes in tune with each other?

Well, what if all this humming and tuning around the planet is just that? Changing the vibration for whatever purpose.

Just a weird idea.

Khar

Robert Davy Jones is real?
My absolute favorite show btw!

It is possible this could happen, it is theorized our universe resonates at a certain frequency. So if the multi-verse theory is correct then it would reason that each one would have its own certain frequency.

Nice theory!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join