It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is horrible ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He did compare the two but If you read all the comments I clarified that and he agreed lol. Those observations he made can be said of Academia though which is a more proper term then science for what he was trying to say.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by boncho

He did compare the two but If you read all the comments I clarified that and he agreed lol. Those observations he made can be said of Academia though which is a more proper term then science for what he was trying to say.

Yes, and I agree too that it would be better said as academia vs. religion, but I wanted to elaborate for outside observers.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ah I see. Well you do a good job lol.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by DaTroof

Calm down. I'm pretty sure he was just using percentages as a reference, not trying to state actually statistics. He wasn't being ignorant, just stating an opinion.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

thank you
you read i the way i intended it.
take care

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

reply to post by smyleegrl

Once again what your referring to is not science it is Academics. Science is more the method of testing a hypothesis. When is organized in the way it is it is more Academia then science

a very important distinction!
science is a method
scientists are human beings
fortunately i'm no longer in Academia (used to lector at a university over here), as I see sincere people suffer from the fact that universities more and more opt for a market driven model. That tends to kill real science, at least a little bit

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

edit on 5/1/2012 by Klassified because: Redacted.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I believe that religion is not inherently evil, just some people use it to do evil and misuse it horridly..Such as the religious going on about how all atheists are evil people and should be put in concentration camps for not believing in the god they do.

Same thing with science.

And the thing about science is it is sometimes treated as a religion. For example, string theory is accepted as a fact when so far there has been no real evidence, mathematical or otherwise, to support it. But science says it a good theory, so it must be fact. Scientists have been trying to prove it for years.

Any strongly held beliefs can be treated as a religion, whether it be patriotism, nationalism, or other ideological belief.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with having a religion.
I am not religious, but I am deeply spiritual. I have a belief in a concious Universe, and hey, it works for me.

There is a problem with some of the actions of specific churches, totally. These actions are not forgivable. There is also a problem with intolerance that many religious types have.

Each to their own. If religion acknowledged this, I think more non religious types would be able to say the same. No one likes having opinons forced on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join