It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much longer do you predict Christianity will be taken seriously?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Because "He" isn't an idiotic, illogical, judgmental, spiteful, hateful, fear-mongering deity, in my opinion.

I'd rather believe in a God that doesn't try scaring his creations into submission. Live your life though, by all means.

I can say it a thousand different ways, however your pretentious false interest with an intent of making yourself feel better via insult won't change either of our beliefs.

Edit: Also, nowhere did I try discrediting his teachings. I was discussing the decline of your religion, something your religion talks about as a sign of the end of days. Those who are insecure become defensive sans cause.

edit on 1-5-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I always find these questions funny. If you look at the numbers, the amount of people converting to Christianity in China alone makes up for any fall off recently in America and Europe. Yes, America and Europe are become less Christian but who knows what could happen in the world. It appears a war with Iran is very possible and if you think there wouldn't be a huge revival of Christianity if that war became prolonged, your crazy. Still in America today only 15% or so self-identify as atheist... That's not much, growing or not.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashmedai
reply to post by Lionhearte

Please provide a study done that has shown Christianity has withheld technological advancement within the last 2000 years.

Oh, wait. You can't. Lol.

You might find this interesting.
*snip*

Sorry, I didn't know a picture was considered a well-researched and scientifically proven study. This changes everything.

Oh, but you know, historically speaking, this is more accurate -

You might find it interesting.
edit on 2-5-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
as long as mankind exists,ignorance will exist,therefore it will be taken seriously by people forever...unfortunately
edit on 2-5-2012 by alkesh because: sp

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Sometimes answers are a simple as believing and sometimes we look to far when it's right in front of our faces and I once heard an atheist tell of his near death experience and it changed him. he told of himself dying and he was standing in his room over looking his body when these people came to get him.

They said come with us we got to go and so he did and they went down the hall and turned right down a dimly lit hallway. They kept running and got darker as they kept going on, all the while asking them where they were going and they just told him we are almost their.

Than the light was gone and he stopped and refused to go any further until they told him, they started grabbing him and pulling him to go but he wouldn't. They started ripping him apart and dragging him and a voice came from within and told him to ask God, but he didn't know how to pray and the voice kept telling him to call on God and so he did. he started praying things he remembered as child and they backed away, and he started calling on Jesus and singing and they backed off further. They cursed from beyond the darkness, saying you don't believe in him why will he help you and just then a light engulfed his broken body and Jesus came down. Jesus took him up and somewhere along the way he said to Jesus "your making a mistake I don't believe in you" and Jesus replied "we don't make mistakes". Their he was made whole and he was filled with a love that he never knew and their they watched his life from birth and all his encounters and all the while Jesus was crying.

You see knowledge is good to have if you keep God in your hearts and with that goodness you give without thought, Knowledge today is driven by greed and hate. that is what I mean when was I say knowledge makes you blind. how can one truly understand the bible if you don't know what it means and maybe we should do with the label Christianity and religion because God does not want his flock divided. I see that in churches and I see that in atheists and I see that with knowledge.

I have my education and had great job but i gave it up to be with my family more because my youngest hardly knew me cause i was gone six months at a time welding. I've got my certificates heavy equipment and mechanics,fiber glass and I tig weld boats. I also write music and I paint but I feel that nothing compares to the beauty I have at home with my children and closed my bank accounts and live off the land. Wife still works but I never buy anything anymore and I would like to totally move into the wilderness with my family but my children said scratch that dad lol, but I do live by a forest and I go for walks and talk with God.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, I have had the NDE myself, and have spoken to a few others who experienced passing over, and looking down at their bodies. I have never heard anything like you describe. For me, it was very pleasant, and I recognized the people who came out to greet me. I didn't see "Jesus," or any "Angels," and I didn't have anyone grabbing me and trying to drag me away. I have, however, read many Fundamental Websites that make the same claims as you did, and also speak of Hell and Demons. That, in itself, does not make it true.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Good morning auto and your a busy guy lol, my wife's mother describes the same thing what happened to you and she wasn't gone for long like maybe 30 seconds and maybe it wasn't enough time and I remember another on this site who described what you said. Maybe you already made your choice and they showed you something you can tell the people that are not aware and not to be afraid. Just like Jesus showed him to tell the people when he sent him back and maybe the wicked one does the same. The people you saw could have been disguising themselves and knew you where going back and so that is why maybe they didn't come. peace.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Let me see if I have got this right are you saying that if someone doesn’t have faith in some mythological bull# about talking snakes/unicorns and cosmic zombies then they cannot love or be spiritual in any way and they need kicking out of society?

And am I to assume you are an example of someone who is loving and spiritual and so wouldn’t get kicked out?

If so then I wouldn't need to be kicked out ,I would run as fast as I could to get away from such as you

Like Renegade2283 said, it doesn't matter unless you believe in love. Mythical snakes are mythical snakes, I believe love is spiritual, so if you demonstrate love you are not an athiest.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Would you be so kind as to explain to me why you think only those with faith in some mythological horseplop are capable of love?

And regarding Renegade2283’s post - if he uses the bible to get in touch with the numinous and spiritual so what I achieve the same thing by getting my telescope out and blissing out under the stars because for me - It is enough that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too (thanks Douglas)

One more thing
History teaches that before you get to pushing people into gas chambers you have to de-humanize them - for example you have to see them as incapable of love or spirituality or whatever

now crack open that bible of yours, look towards the back - you are looking for red text – read that and see where your going wrong

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
as long as mankind exists,ignorance will exist,therefore it will be taken seriously by people forever...unfortunately
edit on 2-5-2012 by alkesh because: sp

We are all ignorant on the important stuff. Unless you can 100% definitively say how life was created one believing a "God" created it is just as valid as believing lightning struck a mud puddle and a few million years later I'm writing this post. Even the greatest scientist of today will be sure to put out they have NO idea how life started, just hypothesizes.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

Good morning auto and your a busy guy lol, my wife's mother describes the same thing what happened to you and she wasn't gone for long like maybe 30 seconds and maybe it wasn't enough time and I remember another on this site who described what you said. Maybe you already made your choice and they showed you something you can tell the people that are not aware and not to be afraid. Just like Jesus showed him to tell the people when he sent him back and maybe the wicked one does the same. The people you saw could have been disguising themselves and knew you where going back and so that is why maybe they didn't come. peace.

Ive had an obe and travelled to what I can describe as parallel dimensions through other means. Everything in those experiences were closer understood with scientific knowledge, including the hindu-type fractals. I did not perceive anything being disguised from me. I was being shown backstage behind the scenery of the universe. So, by the second to last sentence in your post above, ultimate knowledge could be threatened by an ignorant, transitory human form enough to go into hiding by disguising itself. How arrogant and self important! That notion is simply ridiculous to anyone who has been THERE (wherever that may be).

Just stating my experience and perspective.

All for the lulz, of course.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I'm really interested In hearing more from others on this site and maybe you and auto can create a thread and I would very much like to read all of them. Science knows little on the subject and they assume that it's all in the mind and I for one had a similar experience as I floated out of my body and above the tree line and floated towards some clearing all the while the world around me was a different color and pale and shadowy but with a dull color. I was over tired that night so I assumed that it was just a dream. I was into this stuff until recently when I called on Jesus to come and show me and I felt a warmth I never felt before and the calmness was like I was child again and I could see that it gonna be different for me from that day on and it has and all I think about being is helpful to others and I feel so happy it's hard to explain. Well I really enjoy reading your posts and I feel all of us on this site have a connection and maybe it's because we help each other. Peace

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by greyer

Would you be so kind as to explain to me why you think only those with faith in some mythological horseplop are capable of love?

Love is in the spirit, that's why the world is full of hate. Our spirit is hidden, we cannot see it.

One more thing
History teaches that before you get to pushing people into gas chambers you have to de-humanize them - for example you have to see them as incapable of love or spirituality or whatever

now crack open that bible of yours, look towards the back - you are looking for red text – read that and see where your going wrong

In my opinion those words do not come from love, so prove me wrong.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is astonishing that so many people from this website, most ALL OF YOU being atheists or having science/logic based belief systems, knock so hard the Christian faith and/or all other faiths/religions when ALL OF YOU yourself are practicing your own faith/religion in this very moment.

Definition of faith: the belief in something that is unproven or invisible to the senses. So in order to believe it you have to have faith.

Definition of religion: a system of beliefs that tackle the real mysteries of life, the unknown, among other things like morals and life after death. But it still is an attempt to explain much of the unknown.

Well, your faith is that their is no One True God, right? But you have no hard proof that there isn't, just like "believers" have no evidence that there is a One True God. Christians choose to believe through faith. Just as ALL OF YOU choose to believe the opposite based on a similar set of argument strategy.

Someone in an earlier post asked how many religions had their been in history and how many times they had been adapted, discredited and finally abandoned to portray religions as unaccountable. Ha ha, I laugh, because he totally forgets that ALL science has gone through these same motions.

Bottom line: Not one of us will really know what is the truth about such things until he/she dies and experiments what happens after life him/herself. Then and only then can one be absolutely sure of what is THE TRUTH. All opinions and ideas before that (which is what this website is full of) is faith/religion whether you call it the religion of science/logic (ever changing) or other religions of the world (also ever changing).

Personally, I am a proud Christian for reasons that you might not ever understand less you experiment what I have gone through for yourself. Some things can't be explained in words,. I know that I know that I know what Jesus did on the cross. I get it. And I know He is my only savior and that I have the golden pass because it. I don't fear the times we are living in nor death itself. And that is a cool thing let me tell ya.

I just want everyone to clearly know that ALL OF US are in some form or way practicing a belief/faith system since we haven't passed along through death to see with our own eyes. Make no mistake about that guys. So quit judging, it's ignorant to do so.

(My first post) Don't hate on me too bad. I am only human like you.

edit on 2-5-2012 by misterexpensive because: to fix some grammar mistakes

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96

Yeah, I get that from all Christians, all the time. THEY think they know everything, and they don't Christians are getting fooled. Click the links:

Tomb of Jesus Found
If he rose from the Dead, then why does he need a bone box?
ALL CLAIMS OF JESUS DERIVE FROM HEARSAY ACCOUNTS

The Origins of the King James Bible and the New Testament, and the Forgery, and Pagan influences

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

According to the Brainwashed Christians in here, any Ghost, any Alien, any ET is automatically a DEMON/FALLEN ANGEL, and everytime they see Jesus, it's real. What is that? What makes Christians think what they are seeing is real?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Is that really the tomb of Jesus?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

Im not a believer in Jesus. More of a Richard Dawkins kind of person.

Anyhow, I made a thread a long time ago the day after my obe.

Thank you for reading

My obe experience

edit on 2-5-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Dude, this documentary is highly criticized by Israeli archaeological scholars especially the scientists who first discovered it publishing their findings to the Antiqot Journal back in 1996.

Amos Kloner is his name and he openly debunks this documentary and its allegations going on record and calling it "nonsense." and that it was a "hyped up film which is intellectually and scientifically dishonest."

Kloner went on to obtain several written denials from experts used in the documentary proving that they were misquoted.

Just another loose-ended documentary to make some money. It doesn't prove or disprove anything.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Yeah, I get that from all Christians, all the time. THEY think they know everything, and they don't Christians are getting fooled. Click the links:

No, we don't know much more than the next guy who spends the same amount of time researching whatever topic is in question.

Tomb of Jesus Found
If he rose from the Dead, then why does he need a bone box?

He didn't. They allegedly belonged to his family.

ALL CLAIMS OF JESUS DERIVE FROM HEARSAY ACCOUNTS

More like they came from Eye Witness accounts and Oral Traditions with a community that self-corrected the story being passed down, because it was a true event. It's like a neighborhood of people who passed on the story of 9/11 - eventually down the road someone will say there was only 'one plane that hit the towers', and everyone else in the community will stop them and say "No, it was two." Consider the eye witness accounts independent testimonies, this attributes to the truth of the story. After all, if they all told the same story word for word, you'd be sitting here calling "collusion!"

According to the Brainwashed Christians in here, any Ghost, any Alien, any ET is automatically a DEMON/FALLEN ANGEL, and everytime they see Jesus, it's real. What is that? What makes Christians think what they are seeing is real?

Possibly because the Bible actually describes what Demons/Angels actually LOOK like, particularly in the book of Ezekiel. Hell, there are dozens of ancient paintings of the Cross and "UFOs" behind them - all with a face inside them. There are ancient paintings of "space men" that simply look like men with halos around their heads, easily confused with what appear to be astronauts.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
christianity, the huge weeping boil on the arse of humanity.
Amen brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join