It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much longer do you predict Christianity will be taken seriously?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
The funny thing is that Christianity is growing all the time and is about to take over Islam as the fastest growing religion.

I personally think that its going to be around for a looooong time and hell,we may not have yet seen its heyday.
edit on 1/5/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

So theres a race going? I want my little flags, hats and t-shirts...

Anyway, christianity will never "die out". It will grow as more parts of our society crumbles down in purpose and moral values. People will need more and more to hold on to when everything around them is crumbling down, and usually they turn to God.

Even in the event of a global devastation, either man made or nature made (both like any apocalypic movie) you'll see the survivors will ALL be religious.

Mankind always needed something bigger to cling to, specially in times of need.

To be honest, the moral values of religion are good and well taught, and the world as a society is crumbling down on every aspect. This is all decaying and rotting... so, soon religion will become "fashionable". Right now most people arent religious because its not "cool" to be religious. Its a trend really... and its also cyclic. So you'll get to see religion coming back in force when nothing is left for ppl to hold on to.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes you are correct elements of Christianity existed long before Christ. The Sumerians are the best example. Honestly Im goin with the ancient Alien theory on this one. How about you go read all of the sumerian text that has been deciphered so far. and then come bcak to me. There is no god but "gods" Why do you think every early civilization believes in multiple gods? And all the later ones believe in one. Because one of those Gods took power and DEMONIZED the others. That what demons really are. The gods who lost the war.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

OK so Hitler embraced Paganism, As well as Christianity. Why Because they are one in the same. Paganism is based on the worship of Pan. Pan was depicted as half man, half goat. Which is the same depiction as Satan.

I didn't say "Paganism", I said "Occultism". Pagans are those who don't adhere to one of the three Abrahamic faiths. Hitler was a propagandist, he said what he needed to say to control the masses. He was a master of propaganda. besides, even Jesus said that you'd know true Christians by the fruit of their lives, and warned to watch of for the wolves in sheep's clothing.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes you are correct elements of Christianity existed long before Christ. The Sumerians are the best example. Honestly Im goin with the ancient Alien theory on this one. How about you go read all of the sumerian text that has been deciphered so far. and then come bcak to me. There is no god but "gods" Why do you think every early civilization believes in multiple gods? And all the later ones believe in one. Because one of those Gods took power and DEMONIZED the others. That what demons really are. The gods who lost the war.

I'm familiar with all that jazz bro. Genesis was written by Moses, he lived a LONG time after Adam and Eve died. And you need to realize what the fallen angels did here on Earth with the Genesis 6 mess. That's what brought the flood. The Adam and Eve story was corrupted and had been for a LONG time before the book of Genesis was ever written on paper.

edit on 1-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Exactly he used the best words to control the masses. It just so happened that those words had christian overtone. Isnt that funny. The best words to decieve people were christian ones.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You have it backwards. The Angels are aliens. I mean come on it makes perfect sense. You didn't debunk anything I said. Im going to believe The Sumerians account over the Christian one. because they existed closer to the "moment of creation", so their testimony is the most valid. Moses was the human that the other gods tried to warn that the main "god" was going to flood the earth. Why ? Because his slaves were acting up. We were not some glorified and loved creation of god. No. We were an experiment that they used for there own gain. And the "Demons" felt compassion for man so they spared us, and as a result they were DEMONIZED.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Christianty usually kills itself via the constant worship of supernaturalism that is rooted more in superstitions than reality.

Science doesn't buy superstition and science each day shows that all the miricles were just natural processes, sometimes embellished and expressed with allegorical image statements.

Even Jesus tells that Christianty is dead in the same sense as the Pharisee were dead of religion.

Christianty violates even their icon hero Jesus by blending the Sun Worship games of Babylon into the Jesus Imagery.

Such Chaotic nonsense turns the world against their fake religion games more and more each day, to the point that most literally laugh at their low morals and poorly supported beliefs.

Most of it is rather simple when Moses story is connected with Volcanic Rift zone effects in the area of Midian. Mt. Ararat is the largest land mass volcano in the world. Soddom and Gomorrah is more volcanic sulfur effects with oil geology effects around the Dead Sea.

Sciences explain all that well and none if it is any mircle any more than a blade of grass grows via nature's order.

Christianty kills itself from within via blind acceptance of miracles that have simple rational explanations. It shows them up as being ignorant and followers of the simple minded of long ago.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Exactly he used the best words to control the masses. It just so happened that those words had christian overtone. Isnt that funny. The best words to decieve people were christian ones.

Well yeah, he was dealing with an 80% Christian general populace. He knew all the right things to say to get the masses lapping his boots. Had his nation been 80% Muslim he'd been singing praises to Muhammad.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You have it backwards. The Angels are aliens. I mean come on it makes perfect sense. You didn't debunk anything I said. Im going to believe The Sumerians account over the Christian one. because they existed closer to the "moment of creation", so their testimony is the most valid. Moses was the human that the other gods tried to warn that the main "god" was going to flood the earth. Why ? Because his slaves were acting up. We were not some glorified and loved creation of god. No. We were an experiment that they used for there own gain. And the "Demons" felt compassion for man so they spared us, and as a result they were DEMONIZED.

Call them what you want to, they are inter-dimensional entities not human and not originating on Earth. Dr. Jacques Vallee and Dr. J. Allen Hynak both conclude these UFOs and the alien phenomena is both "demonic" in nature, and inter-dimensional and not extra-terrestrial. Their words, not mine. And they aren't Bible-believing Christians. You can't find more respected experts in the field of UFOlogy than Vallee and Hynak.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

No He would not. His basis for his beliefs were brainwashed into his head during his attendance to anti-semetic schools. He was the way he was because he was a smart man who was brainwashed so thoroughly that not even his intelligence could break the spell. It is like Inception. When The Idea is planted so deeply in your head, sometimes you can just never get it out. Maybe you should stop to think maybe the same thing happened to you. How do you know that these ideas you have are not just ideas that have been implanted so deeply in your mind that you will fight to protect it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Why should Iook to "experts" when I can examine the evidence for myself and make my own judgement calls.Im not talking about any modern aliens walking among us. Im talking about the past. They dont even need to be Aliens neccessarily maybe just indigenous people much more advanced then ourselves. You know Giants. Its one or the other though. Either Aliens or Atlantians.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As people gather more and more of their own information with new access to the internet etc, they become more empowered. you can see it every day around the world. folk are wising up to the fact that they have been lied too and cheated and they are angry about it. christianity is staring at its own fate with every passing day. nobody wants the lies any more. we are sick to death of it. christianity is just another form of repression and its congregations are dwindling as we speak. you cant fool all of the people all of the time.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I say Atlantians or Aliens because those both fit nicely with science as a possible explanation. However the god theory does not. So logic would say that it is either Aliens or Atlantians

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Exactly. I use information available to me on the internet and in libraries and draw my own conclusions. I always make sure to verify my source and used unbiased sites. When I collect my own evidence and compile it, it starts to paint a picture. Its like its a partially constructed puzzle. Even though the puzzle is no where near complete, I can still make out what the picture is of. You see my logic here.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Call them what you want to, they are inter-dimensional entities not human and not originating on Earth. Dr. Jacques Vallee and Dr. J. Allen Hynak both conclude these UFOs and the alien phenomena is both "demonic" in nature, and inter-dimensional and not extra-terrestrial. Their words, not mine. And they aren't Bible-believing Christians. You can't find more respected experts in the field of UFOlogy than Vallee and Hynak.

I think it's interesting to note, the Mormons believe that GOD once lived on planet earth in human form. Somehow he achieved immortality and divinity. He left and went to another planet, and is creating planets for each of his "chosen men, and their wives (plural) to rule. According to Genesis, God walked in the garden.

They also believe that gods sends his angels back and forth between their planet and earth, as emissaries and messengers. They believe that god sent Jesus, but I'm not really sure how they fit Jesus into their worship.

Anyway, the Mormons have neatly taken care of the angels are aliens theory.

edit on 1-5-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Now your on to something

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Good to know that you're generation is going to ruin the world. I am not suggesting that christians save the world, but that the younger generation is athiest, they have no love or understanding. Love is spiritual, the world cannot love without being spiritual. Physical is ignorance, for you to live in the world ignorant and not believe in anything more than physical means you cannot contribute spiritually (with love) to the world and you should be rejected from society as an outcast. I have no tolerance for haters, and a person who doesn't love is a hater to me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Funny because I was just going to say something about that. That is the one thing Atheists do believe in: Love. Not love for a mythical creator, but love for their fellow people and the animals of the earth. That is my religion: Love. That is the true spirituality. I say we forget all of this pointless bickering, and unite in our common interest: Love. It is love and compassion that will save mankind and empower its progression.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

haha
What a foolish question. It's ok though, I understand... arrogance, pride, stubbornness, normalcy complex... they can all have such a strong affect on somebody. So this "religion" that started with one guy and then a dozen... 2000 years ago... that has circled the globe and remained though the rise and fall of numerous empires, plagues, and anything that the world has thrown at it... the Bible that explained gravity before Newton, conservation of mass and energy before Einstein, and basically gave scientists a cheat sheet (when it comes to PROVABLE science... not theories based on pride, instead of evidence)... yeah, THAT religion! I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow bud, don't worry... you can go back to doing anything you want with no risk of accountability

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
reply to post by ofNight

Good to know that you're generation is going to ruin the world. I am not suggesting that christians save the world, but that the younger generation is athiest, they have no love or understanding. Love is spiritual, the world cannot love without being spiritual. Physical is ignorance, for you to live in the world ignorant and not believe in anything more than physical means you cannot contribute spiritually (with love) to the world and you should be rejected from society as an outcast. I have no tolerance for haters, and a person who doesn't love is a hater to me.

Let me see if I have got this right are you saying that if someone doesn’t have faith in some mythological bull# about talking snakes/unicorns and cosmic zombies then they cannot love or be spiritual in any way and they need kicking out of society?

And am I to assume you are an example of someone who is loving and spiritual and so wouldn’t get kicked out?

If so then I wouldn't need to be kicked out ,I would run as fast as I could to get away from such as you

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join