It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much longer do you predict Christianity will be taken seriously?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque
Not much longer, hopefully.

Without it, we would have been far more technologically advanced than we are currently.

Really?

Forget technology my friend. As Pierre Teilhard de Chardin once said

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Try to look outside the box that TPTB have created for you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Who says that someone who is not religious is without faith? I have faith in Mankind. In our music, our art, and our never ending struggle for freedom, independence, and equality. The day I find a religion that makes no attempt at imposing its beliefs on others or attempts to claim its followers superiority. That will be the day I will not make attempt to enlighten people to the injustice of their religion. When you see religion wherever you turn you begin to understand the stranglehold it has on the world. When I read of all the people who have died in the name of religion and I see the destruction of history, and the propaganda that took its place I cant help but have an opinion that I feel I need to share. When I see its symbolism or influence in our justice system, our schools, our politics, our historical monuments, and every other place it could conceivably stick its nose in, I will fight for the emergence of the truth. And what do people like me and the many others who simply fight for people to realize they control their own destiny receive? We are branded as heretics or cynics. The best defense I have heard for religion is that they should just be allowed to live in their little world. Well I say no. If someone says they think the earth is flat do you not make attempt to change their mind? I would, because I feel it is every persons right to know the truth, even if they don't want to hear it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Good ole history repeating itself. Voltaire was a lot wiser than the likes of the ATS athiests. He proposed a similar statement in his day (he was wrong)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
reply to post by ofNight

Assuming that we continue to educate, and improve our education system.
Probably within a few generations.
You cant take religion seriously if your actually educated.

Education and religion can coexist. It's the really numb people that can't handle both. What does Christianity teach? To be a good human. I am a Christian from birth, its true that organized religion is a bit of a scam BUT the teachings of Christ are anything but a scam. EVERY human can learn a lot from what Christ had to say. If every human on earth saw Christ in every being on earth then earth would be a much better place to live. We kill each other for BS reasons (oil, money, power) but if we just realized that we are all spiritual beings experience this world than life on earth would be like heaven.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JustBreathe11

I agree that there is good lessons to be learned from the teachings of Christ. However, this is also a lot to be learned from so many others. Shakespeare, Aristotle, Da Vinci, Plato to name a few. These people spoke of love, compassion, and the spirit of the individual. Also there is many good lessons learned from the teachings of buddism and Hinduism. What about all the other amazing books, movies, and music that have so much to teach. Avatar-greed, oppression, connection to the earth, love; Forest Gump- Love, overcoming great odds, modesty, and grief. I could keep going but you get my point. You can look for guidance from many other sources than the bible. And most of those sources manage to leave bigotry and xenophobia out of their teachings
edit on 1-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

I predict that christianity will be slaughtered within 20 years or less.
Christianity isn't taken seriously now and TPTB want it destroyed.
They don't want the citizens/slaves learning they can be saved by
the blood of the lamb.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
As long as I'm alive.

I look around the world and I see evil everywhere.

I see people telling not to believe in God, but then those same people tell me believing in his - surely also imaginary? - alter ego, satan, is cool and dandy.

The bible is a bit a paper in a language no one understands, but I know my heart and it tells me God is love and real, and that I can deal with.

Answer me this tho. Why do YOU care what other people believe in?

If you're so damn secure in your own mind, why not just ignore Christians?

Could it be you aren't so sure, deep down?

edit on 1-5-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The question assumes that Christianity is being taken seriously NOW.

Erroneous assumption.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Its called a discussion and the reason we have them is to learn from one another. Also this thread is talking about crhistianity not god. God is a much more complex discussion. I am talking about organized religion here, nothing more. I like to debate with religious people just because it helps me think more broadly. I take into consideration every belief and judge for myself. The main reason I like debating about god specifically is because I honestly hope someone can prove to me he does exist. Remember from opposition comes understanding

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Why are you separating out christianity from the other religions? What's the difference between christianity, new age, islam, jewish beliefs etc? What makes christianity less believable than any of those? Besides that if christianity is such a ridiculous idea, why do people like you spend so much time thinking about it and trying to disprove it? Kind of a waste of time for something that shouldn't be taken seriously isn't it? Why bother?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

The reason that it will die is because of the Progressive, globalist indoctrination of the newest generation. In order for the global elites to truly rule, they must replace God. I personally think that it will die off when proof of advanced and intelligent life outside of Earth is discovered.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Good ole history repeating itself. Voltaire was a lot wiser than the likes of the ATS athiests. He proposed a similar statement in his day (he was wrong)

And they bought his house to print Bibles out of. But I'm not so sure he was all that wise, he mocked Newton when he predicted man would one day fly by verses from the Bible by saying something to the effect of:

"See what fools Christianity makes of otherwise intelligent men, doesn't Sir Issac know that if man were to travel faster than 60 miles per hour his skin would peel from his face?"

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It's not going anywhere. The more it see's itself as a dying religion the more militant it will become.
Most Christians in Britain, especially those of the Church of England have been happy to sit in dwindling congregations for years without moaning, but it would appear with the growing number of evangelical TV channels our own slumbering pew droolers are slowly waking up to the call of Christian arms.

Where once on the internet (bar devoted religious sites) one could be certain those that spat biblical quotes ad nauseam were predominantly American, now they are popping up from everywhere. I will still say to each their own, but I do feel a creeping sense of unease that we are well and truly caught between a new Inquisition and rapidly approaching crusade, that's if we aren't mentally up to our elbows in one already.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
The question assumes that Christianity is being taken seriously NOW.

Erroneous assumption.

Like I said earlier, the world never took it seriously, not from day 1.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Christianity will probably die down when us real Christians are harpazoed and the rest of the goons are stuck on earth wondering where we went and being lied to......

not sure when that's gonna be though! Soon maybe

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Do you realize how hilarious that sounds. Im not trying to demean you or anything. I am just saying that statement sounded like something out of a fantasy book.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Prophecies been being fulfilled for years.

You won't be laughing when it happens.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Prophecies by who?? Where are these prophecies? I want to see them, then see where they came true.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Prophecies by who?? Where are these prophecies? I want to see them, then see where they came true.

Google "prophecies fulfilled end times" and gaze away for hours.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ok I did that. You know who was most accurate that I saw. Leonardo Da Vinci. Not Notradamus or the Bible code. So Da Vinci had some pretty accurate predictions. Not prophecies, but good guesses. All of which had nothing to do with God or the rapture. So his "prophecies" dont really exist as I suspected.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join