It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook gears up to announce 'life-saving' tool

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I don't understand why people are so afraid of this type of technology, to be honest.

I think that more and more, people are forgetting about personal responsibility, or at least, know how to behave.

Facebook would never know my masturbation habits (like another post stated), nor about my personal stuff. Sure, they could have my phone number and e-mail address, but if I'm careful when using those tools, they don't have much on me, do they?

If people are angry because their nude pictures got spread all over the internet, if people are angry that they private secrets were disclosed, then they should have thought of that before taking such pictures, and having such conversations online.

If I don't want anyone to know about what I'm talking about to a friend, I talk to that friend in person, not online. And if the person is away or at a long distance, I just wait to meet that person to talk about certain subjects.

People assume it's okay to disclose very private information online, and then they complain it's the system that is out to get them.

If anyone doesn't agree with Facebook, Gmail or any of those online tools, then stop using them.

However, if people want to use them, they should know what they are giving up, or at least, what kind of risks they are vulnerable to...

People are responsible enough not to yell in a public place that they have done something intimate. Why should they do the same online?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen.

ORGAN DONOR STATUS.

Now, when you get killed walking across the street updating your facebook status to "Hey, I just accepted the Organ Donor thing on Facebook, Im a legend!!!!" they will not need to check with your family, and if you don't have drivers licence that lists if you are an organ donor or not, all they have to do is load up facebook and see your status.

No more dawdling, pilliage yer guts and send you out as spare parts!

Harvester of sorrow..

Seriously, it might be a good thing if it saves lives. But this is really icky to me, I'm already a registered organ donor, but I have that on my drivers license, and not some wanky facebook page..

Now not only are you the product while you're alive, you're the product after you're dead. Zuckerberg is the devil... The devil is a ginger!!! (shh I'm half ginger when I have hair)

edit on 1-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe they will build in an alert that indicates to the authorities you haven't been on facebook for a couple of days (you're whereabouts somewhat questionable by TPTB) and send out the "Authorities" to your house, just to make sure your okay, maybe a pat down and ride in the police vehicle to keep an eye on your health.

By now everyone should at least be aware that facebook is a massive marketing application that allows corporations and the 'desire' industry to keep tabs on you, remain in an informed state and target you specific on the things you talk about.

"It also knows who you are and who is in your network, including family." Because that's not creepy and stalkerish.

Its nice how they are giving us a tool they says, we know where you are, what you like, who to sell your private information to, but that's okay because we care about your well being.

I am anti-facebook, but respect your choice to be free in your own privacy, even if their is none.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen.

ORGAN DONOR STATUS.

Just going to put this here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hopefully they will wait until we're really, really dead.

Remember a few years ago when people's houses were getting burgled because they posted their vacation plans?

Need I say more?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yeah, this has definitely something to do with invading privacy.

Never had an account, never will.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join