It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel Adkins Case-Killer still not charged after 1 month...why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So, it's now been one month since Daniel Adkins was killed by Cordell Jude. He still hasn't been charged and I'd honestly like to know why? It just seems like such a simple case. I mean Daniel was unarmed, never touched Jude, there were witnesses, and Jude was in his car the whole time. He could have driven away. This doesn't fall under the stand your ground law. It was obviously not self defense.
Daniel Adkins Case Update

CNN did an article too, but made it all about gun laws and didn't release the shooters name.
CNN

Also, you can see on the "Justice for Daniel Adkins" fb page that Jude has tweeted pics showing off the gun and tweets about wanting to kill people.

About a month and a half before shooting Adkins...

3 days before shooting Adkins

6 days after shooting Adkins.

So, really...does anyone know why police wouldn't arrest him?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow,you are right into this case.

It does seem like there should be an arrest from all the stuff you posted.

It seems the media are stoking the fires of one side of this whole 'race thing',but not the other.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The media is one thing, but what really bothers me is that the police haven't done anything. I mean we shouldn't need the media for the arrest of a murderer. I just don't get it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

The answer is right in the CNN article you posted a link to in the OP:

Police turned over their findings to the district attorney's office. Prosecutors have sent it back for further investigation.

Police obviously felt this shooting need to be brought to the District Attorney's attention. The District Attorney obviously felt they needed more information in order to bring charges.

This case is not being ignored. It is being investigated. There is a huge difference.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yes, but how much more information could they possibly get? They have witnesses. They know exactly what happened. I just don't see how waiting is going to make this case stronger than it already is. I'm sure the man will be charged, but why would it take so long?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

This case is not being ignored. It is being investigated. There is a huge difference.

Seems pretty strange coming from Australia. If someone shoots someone here we arrest them.

If I was th guys family I wpuld be pissed. How long does it take?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea
Yes, but how much more information could they possibly get? They have witnesses. They know exactly what happened. I just don't see how waiting is going to make this case stronger than it already is. I'm sure the man will be charged, but why would it take so long?

A long time. Some criminals aren't tried for years. For example, Casey Anthony. It took years to bring her to trial.
Drew Peterson would be another example of it taking years for a trial. If you are not familiar with these names, Google will bring up 100's of results for each of them.

This guy is not the only criminal in his state. There is a line. Eventually, it will be his turn. This is basic common sense.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Those cases aren't very similar. This man actually shot another man in front of witnesses.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Those cases aren't very similar. This man actually shot another man in front of witnesses.

The similarity or difference between cases has absolutely nothing to do with the time it takes for police to investigate and prosecutors to charge someone.

Again, this shooter is not the only criminal in the state.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Was this man the only criminal in his state? He wasn't allowed to just walk away. His victim didn't even die.

A Dana man was arrested and charged Sunday with assault after police say he shot his sister-in-law. Police are still trying to determine a motive, and the victim said she doesn't know what prompted the violence. Cheryl Demag, 46, was shot at her sister's home at 1407 Dana Road, according to the Henderson County Sheriff's Office.

www.blueridgenow.com...

I believe the similarity or difference in cases makes all the difference in the world. Obviously if there is not enough evidence to prosecute then no one will be prosecuted. If there is enough evidence, then the shooter should be prosecuted. That's common sense.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I could post article after article about people being arrested and charged right after the offense.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I could post article after article about people being arrested and charged right after the offense.

Possibly so, but all cases have different levels of complexity. This case may be more complex.

As it is, the article clearly states the police and prosecutors are working on it, what more do you want?

Possibly you want stars and flags.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Really? It's an honest question. I was looking for honest answers and opinions, but you seem to be incapable of giving those with out an attitude. I don't know what your problem is. I've gotten involved in this case and it's important to me. Why is it wrong for me to post about it?

Also, you can see from the articles that there isn't much complexity to it. A man was shot in a public place and the shooter walked away. It's been a month and still nothing has been done. As I said before, I'm confident that the man will be prosecuted. I just can't see any possible reason for why it would take such a long time.

It just doesn't seem right to me. I don't believe you should accuse me of fishing for stars and flags because of that.

BTW, what exactly am I going to do with a bunch stars and flags? Buy a Mercedes Benz?

Oh well...we disagree and that's fine. I've got to get to bed now.

edit on 1-5-2012 by BrittanyLea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Ameilia

Really? It's an honest question. I was looking for honest answers and opinions, but you seem to be incapable of giving those with out an attitude. I don't know what your problem is. I've gotten involved in this case and it's important to me. Why is it wrong for me to post about it?

Also, you can see from the articles that there isn't much complexity to it. A man was shot in a public place and the shooter walked away. It's been a month and still nothing has been done. As I said before, I'm confident that the man will be prosecuted. I just can't see any possible reason for why it would take such a long time.

It just doesn't seem right to me. I don't believe you should accuse me of fishing for stars and flags because of that.

BTW, what exactly am I going to do with a bunch stars and flags? Buy a Mercedes Benz?

Oh well...we disagree and that's fine. I've got to get to bed now.

edit on 1-5-2012 by BrittanyLea because: (no reason given)

I have given you answers to your questions, very reasonably. Your complaint is that nothing is happening, the guy hasn't been arrested yet.

I pointed out that the article states after police handed it over to the district attorney (which shows they want charges pressed) the district attorney handed it back with a request for more evidence (which shows they want to press charges too). If no one wanted to press charges, the file be dead, not be passed back and forth.

Now, if the police or district attorney came out and said: We aren't charging this guy! Well then, I'll stand right next to you at the protest line and we can be angry together. But that isn't what's happening.

What's happening is both the police and and the district attorney DO want to press charges, yet they aren't ready yet, as evidenced by the fact the police turned the files over for prosecution, and the prosecution turned the back over with a request for more evidence. This says loudly they want to take action. Therefore your complaint is pretty unjustified, so far.

That may change in the future, but right now, it is being worked on, and everyone should be patient until there is a reason be upset.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Ha!

Im sure some people are here to insult people and validate their intelligence in some way.

I liked hearing about it. Way more interesting than the thousand Zimmerman threads. I also wouldt know about it without your posts

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

This case may be more complex.

It seems pretty simple really.

A guy shot and killed a guy and he is still walking around a month later. There is plenty of reason for an arrest.

What reason do you have to assume it is so "complex"?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I too have been wondering about this case. We just need to be patient and wait. I am holding out hope and confidence that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the New Black Panthers will be demanding and organizing protests for the arrest of Cordell Jude, and Justice for Mr. Adkins. Perhaps Mr. Holder is already working closely with the local police and the MSM to bring this case to light since it has barely even been mentioned since it happened. I am also very curious as to what Mr. Obama's comments will be about Mr. Adkins.

I look forward to hearing any more info about this.

RIP Daniel Adkins

edit on 5/1/2012 by Inconceivable because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join