It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Primordial Protozoan Species Is Not in Any Known Kingdom of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

www.popsci.com< br />

A tiny microorganism found in Norwegian lake sludge may be related to the very oldest life forms on this planet, a possible modern cousin of our earliest common ancestor. It is not a fungus, alga, parasite, plant or animal, yet it has features associated with other kingdoms of life. It could be a founding member of the newest kingdom on the tree of life, scientists said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It just seems like the discovering of the world are limitless. I would say this is pretty spectacular but down the road I'm sure we'll see an even lower class of species!

However, it is still pretty sweet, and I'm stoked that it was discovered. But it wasn't discovered so recently, in all actuality. It was discovered 1865. It was now, though, that they discovered how this species fit into the entire chain of life and its history.

Pretty cool.

www.popsci.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
we have no idea about what is the common ancestor of microbial life, this find won't change the situation, in fact, no discoveries will be useful to us until we get rid of the preposterous ideas of Darwin

edit on 1-5-2012 by QQXXw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Why is classified as a lower class of species?

I look at it as a purer form of life without all of the abnormalities of the so called higher forms.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

www.popsci.com< br />

A tiny microorganism found in Norwegian lake sludge may be related to the very oldest life forms on this planet, a possible modern cousin of our earliest common ancestor. It is not a fungus, alga, parasite, plant or animal, yet it has features associated with other kingdoms of life. It could be a founding member of the newest kingdom on the tree of life, scientists said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Either a founding member of the newest kingdom, or the original member that created all of the other kingdoms. Sometimes an old species dies out, but sometimes it population is devastatingly crippled instead, making them more difficult to locate. This will be interesting to follow - S&F OP!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I don't mean 'lower' in form of value, just in form of complexity.

new topics

top topics

join