It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Neighborhood Streets Fully Armed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I starred you for the clown shoes comment alone. Priceless.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Are you serious? Do they really hire people this dense in our military?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So, Ace, since you seem to have all the answers, point out in my oath where it says I won't take weapons away from someone.

So, "Ace" I guess you didnt realize that the 2nd Amendment is part of said Constitution?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No just the National Guard.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Wow.... ^^^^^ this is the type of people we have protecting us? No wonder we keep seeing stuff like soldiers posing with corpses. We got a bunch of screw offs like this guy who can't be bothered to read the constitution. All he probably cared about was "When do I get to shoot my gun? Preferably at another human being!"

Lemme guess: Never served, did you? Betcha think you're just wwaaaaayyyy too smart to be in the military, right?

How about this little example, Slick: When I was doing relief flights into New Orleans during Katrina, my helicopter came back with some interesting little holes in it from the "concerned citizens" shooting at me.

If I had the chance, I'd have taken their weapons from them.

So, how about moving out and drawing fire; be a good example for once. Clownshoes.

Try again.

Link

Similarly, Knight Ridder’s wire service (10/2/05) debunked the seminal stories of sniping at rescue vehicles, reporting that “more than a month later, representatives from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Department of Homeland Security and Louisiana Air National Guard say they have yet to confirm a single incident of gunfire at helicopters.” The article put to rest the ambulance-shooting mythologies propagated by the likes of Blitzer, observing that the account from which they germinated was mischaracterized to begin with; the ambulance driver who claimed he was prevented from dropping supplies off at a hospital because of armed crowds on its roof “never went to the hospital, turning back after hearing a warning over military radio

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Concerning the events in my area now, it is for sure on a daily basis. My sons love watching them come in, they get very low and it makes their day. I wish I knew the makes and models of military air craft and the purpose these serve. Worthy to note too, I work in a machine shop, I am the quality manager and we have had multiple young guys give notice of deployment, Minnesota National Gaurd Members. One young machinist mention his deployment was not over-seas, but at the same time he did not know specifically where. He is an infantry man. I dont realy follow to much and my interest to things like this is new, I lack alot of knowledge, but like i said before, all I can do is tell everyone here what I hear and see.

I take vacation up north about 5 times a year and this is when I see the military activity, its not every trip I see this, but certainly over 50%. I lost count of how many convoys Ive heading up 35w norht bound.

My two cents (its probably nothing)

Thanks so much for your reply! See, I think that is what is odd, the new patterns of behaviors, when it comes to military activity, especially because aren't we supposed to be bringing more and more military men and women home? I could be wrong about that, but that's how the media makes it seem and, if so, why does it seem that they are all going off somewhere, not coming back? I have seen it here on I-25 in CO and coming over the state line from Nebraska into Colorado, in the dozens, separated in groups of 4-6 convoys at a time. There was quite a bit of this somewhere, supposed reports from long-haul truckers out east, saying they would see these large convoys all over the country, but that in the east, there were large groups of them on the interstates heading west. I read this about 2-3 months ago and, like I said, it was "supposed". Not that any of what we say isn't taken with a grain of salt as well

Again, thanks for posting this.
edit on 1-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Hello
I was in the military for a few years. Training is done to make sure you know what to do without much thinking.
Something will happen folks that will involve martial law. Be ready.

God bless

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And no one went up to them and asked them what there doing?

I smell BS

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysWary

The last thing on my mind was to walk up and interfere with their bussiness, the things I seen involved these crews being in motion and of very serious mind. And quite frankly it looks very intimidating. Maybe someone has the nerve to do so, but most people dont, and that certainly does not mean its B.S. because no one has. For me, I seen what I seen, it actually happend and is happening.
Logically one would reason to, maybe some has asked, but they are not a member of ATS to provide an answer.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Photo was modified 2 days ago in Adobe and looks to have been taken 3 months ago. Or, it was modified 3 months ago. Still odd and it's not the first person to take photos of troops in a suburb town. Can't remember, but it was a little back ago.

regex.info...

EXIF — this group of metadata is encoded in 4,296 bytes (4.2k)
Modify Date 2012:04:29 14:10:54
2 days, 33 minutes, 51 seconds ago
Color Space sRGB
Exif Image Size 450 × 481
Padding (2,060 bytes binary data)
Padding (2,060 bytes binary data)
Software Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Orientation Horizontal (normal)

ICC_Profile — this block of data describes the color space used to encode pixel colors. 0.5k-bytes (524 bytes).
Facebook's “TINYsRGB” sRGB-comparable profile.
Profile CMM Type lcms
Profile Version 2.1.0
Profile Class Display Device Profile
Color Space Data RGB
Profile Connection Space XYZ
Profile Date Time 2012:01:25 03:41:57
3 months, 7 days, 12 hours, 2 minutes, 48 seconds ago
Profile File Signature acsp
Primary Platform Apple Computer Inc.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Sorry I don't see the point. I can't see anything wrong with the National Guard training. What good would they be if they did not train?

The rest is just paranoid ramblings for and by irrational people who think everyone and everything is out to get them.

If this even happened of course.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Guard your guns. Don't let them take them.

If they try, they are violating their oaths.

I took an oath not to take weapons from civilians? Really???

You took an oath to defend the constitution what part of the 2nd Amendment do you not understand? "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!"

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

If we were to honestly take your weapons...we would have done so along time ago. Besides with what tech the military has and training. The American public wouldn't be hard to go up against. Think about it. Look at yourself for example. How many Americans do you see overweight, not to bright, and all around whiners? I would say at least 65% if not more fit in those categories.

Wow! LOL! You clearly have not thought this through. Many of the American public are veterans with the same training as the military. Millions stalk and hunt deer every year so they know how to reach out and touch someone. All the high tech still can't root out a few thousand insurgents with AKs in robes in Afghanistan and Iraq and you think Americans would be push overs... Sigh! 150 million guns and the most well armed most resourceful guerrilla army in the history of the world is right here in America. You'd be amazed at what guys can make in there garages or shops. These ain't no peasants with AK's. And you think all the military would be traitors to their country and confiscate weapons? Not all of them and some will bring their toys with them!

Might have some luck tackling old ladies with revolvers three on one but that's about it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This really made me nauseous.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by mileysubet

From the article when asked what they are training for

“To be honest ma’am, I don’t know.”

Wow, that just explains every thing now, doesn't it?
Glad we cleared that up.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by johngrissom

If we were to honestly take your weapons...we would have done so along time ago. Besides with what tech the military has and training. The American public wouldn't be hard to go up against. Think about it. Look at yourself for example. How many Americans do you see overweight, not to bright, and all around whiners? I would say at least 65% if not more fit in those categories.

Wow! LOL! You clearly have not thought this through. Many of the American public are veterans with the same training as the military. Millions stalk and hunt deer every year so they know how to reach out and touch someone. All the high tech still can't root out a few thousand insurgents with AKs in robes in Afghanistan and Iraq and you think Americans would be push overs... Sigh! 150 million guns and the most well armed most resourceful guerrilla army in the history of the world is right here in America. You'd be amazed at what guys can make in there garages or shops. These ain't no peasants with AK's. And you think all the military would be traitors to their country and confiscate weapons? Not all of them and some will bring their toys with them!

Might have some luck tackling old ladies with revolvers three on one but that's about it.

Umm, he does have a point here:

All the high tech still can't root out a few thousand insurgents with AKs in robes in Afghanistan and Iraq and you think Americans would be push overs...

just saying.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So the Guard is conducting normal exercises during the time of year they usually do them?
What is the point of this thread again?

Some ATSers need to learn the difference between the National Guard and the regular armed forces.

Guard activity in the states is the normal state of affairs since the first muster in Massachusetts in the 1600s. The Guard is the same as the state militia. And they do it at the local level, hence the term "citizen soldier".
Since Katrina/Oil Spill/River Flooding/and the puny "hurricane" that scared all the people in the Northeast last year, the NG has emphasized training for natural and manmade disasters.
There are usually public relations to let locals know they'll be around.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Interesting article to say they least, thanks for posting.
There's one paragraph in the article thats EXTREMELY comforting thought, and I think we can all relax knowing...

A few weeks back, I wrote a short piece detailing a few disturbing government purchases, including 450 million rounds of hollow point bullets (keep in mind the total population of the U.S. is 311,591,917), reinforced vehicle check-points, and hundreds of armored ‘civil-tanks’ by the Department of Homeland Security. Around the same time, the U.S Army was stockpiling anti-radiation pills and our President was issuing executive orders that essentially would eliminate the requirement of an actual emergency to declare Martial Law and seize any goods or property it deems necissary including authorizing forced labor of the citizens.

Link

Thanks Uncle Sam! Now I can sleep at night...

[/Sarcasm]
edit on 1-5-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by mileysubet

From the article when asked what they are training for

“To be honest ma’am, I don’t know.”

I wouldnt even have to ask the question... all Id have to do is put out the coffee and home made brownies.. not THOSE brownies.. and they spill. If it was Navy or Marines.. fresh coffee alone would probably suffice.

In any case, I doubt this is a real deal. The urban training grounds are a lot better for urban combat and you can even pump in odors to simulate war zones or battle.. for those who love the smell of not-so-fresh corpses in the mornin'.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join