It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Neighborhood Streets Fully Armed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by stumason

Go back to your tea and crumpets.

Don't worry about the affairs of us here in the states.

Be careful he may want our greasy burgers and a coke to wash them down with.
I would say stay totally vigilant.
Remember a guy on a horse screaming 'The BRITISH are coming" LOL

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Interesting how many folks on this thread try to justify this as nothing wrong. This is conditioning to get people used to seeing armed troops patrolling. NG is no longer state troops they are regular military part of the DOD. But hey nothing to see here move along.... Sigh!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hi Gol,
I see the poofers are giving you static for being AWARE.lol
Thanks for the info.S+F
If we don't look out for each other NO ONE will.
the best ljb

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If I am correct, Posse Commitatis does not apply to the National Guard, only the Active Military. The NG would be the force used (most likely) in events (terror, civil unrest, WMD release, natural disaster, etc) that happened on US soil. The active military cannot, barring martial law, or actual invasion, or request from the governor of said state, operate on US soil. I'd have to do some reading to be sure, but that's the jist of it.

I have mixed feelings about this. In this age of possible financial crisis, super flu bugs or WMD, multiple natural disasters, etc, you are likely to have/need an NG presence at some point. They are members of your community, and should be seen on par with the local fire fighters and police. In fact often the NG does drills with local first responders, red cross, the Civil Air Patrol, etc. However; those almost always are by support personnel (medics, engineers, transport units, and RARELY involve weapons or combat troops. I participated in some of these when I was in the Civil Air Patrol and the only time the Guard brought the weapons was if the training was on THEIR base. If the training was in public, it was rather benign. So, no reason to worry over the NG training.........

BUT......

These are troops in full combat gear, in combat formation. They have training centers for this.......they don't NEED to be patrolling the local streets. To say its to get the lay of the land is BS, as most communities have an NG armory, and most of the personnel are from the town or nearby towns of that armory. So the troops already are fairly familar with the terrain they will be on. this seems to be more of a conditioning program to get people used to this idea of combat troops patrolling their streets. And the only reason for that is martial law, or repelling an invasion/insurrection.

If this is a routine "training" patrol, I wonder what would happen if I did a routine "citizen training" posting, by sitting on the front porch with a shotgun or rifle. In most states, that's perfectly legal, as long as you don't point the weapon in a threatening manner. You know, just have the old AR slung, maybe with a few buddies. Bet that would get you on the news, and make the old NG officers have some serious discussions back at the armory after the drill.........

I suppose they could arrest you or have you detained, but if it's just "training" they wouldn't likely have that power, nor should they have live ammo out on city streets for "training", as live ammo, even on base, is restricted to ranges and such.

edit on 1-5-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Man that video at the bottom of the page p*ssed me off! My god. Goodbye America. You were a beautiful country at one time...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Like one Poster stated in the OP's original source:

Hollow point bullets are:
(1) Violation of the Geneva Conventions. They were OUTLAWED after troops started Xing their rounds in WWI. Look up “DUM DUM” bullets.
they are DESIGNED to MAIM and create atrocious wounds. Solid core, FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) bullets just make a piecing hole.
(2) Used against UNarmored personnel. Body armor actually “prefers” hollow points. Armor-piecing, solid core bullets, piece body armor. DUMDUMS mush out and penetrate LESS.
(3) Thus we are led to the conclusion the plan is to attack UNarmored CIVILIAN Personnel, NOT “Enemy Combatants” that would wear armor

Guess we can see what they're training for. Hollow points penetrate and then become shrapnel and shred an unarmored persons insides like a blender.
edit on 1-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

U.S. Troops In Neighborhood Streets Fully Armed

libertarianreview.us

The photo shown above was taken by a subscriber in the city of Crookston, MN from the front porch of her suburban home. No, the men pictured aren’t from the local high school’s J.R.O.T.C sqaud – they are in fact trained soldiers serving in the Minnessota National Guard, Unit 2-136 CAB / B Company. Now, I have never personally been to Crookston (although I’m sure it’s lovely), but I’m relatively confident that they are located on domestic soil,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Working Link
edit on 5/1/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

Interesting to say the least. However. If we looked at possible civil unrest in the US. The violence would predominately stay within the boundaries of big cities. As I hate to pull the racial card. Civil unrest also means shopping/looting day for most African American who will also be on a killing spree. As retaliation occurs with home owners and business owners, cities would become huge killing fields. Outside the big cities in rural America. We would survive somewhat peacefully. You will have the occasional power hungry individual who will always try to control how we survive and control supplies. Those folk will need to be eliminated quickly.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Just now, on Denver's Fox 31 KDVR, they are discussing police drones and how we would feel seeing them in Denver. Turns out, Police are already ordering them and the FAA is discussing rules for use. They would be used by police departments in order to monitor streets and cities for crime. In my opinion, this is getting incredibly out of hand. First there were street corner cameras, then red light cameras, now police drones? This is super sad and very scary. I would rather take my chances with crime and what normal police can do than sign myself over to the constant monitoring.

Here's the most recent thing I could find in print, and it covers everything under the sun that could be used by drone technology, mentioning what is already in the works, as of 2/2012:

www.denverpost.com...

When you begin adding all of these things up, it paints a bleak picture. It is not just this neighborhood incident, it's the announced and unannounced "urban exercises" that are increasing all over. We have had them here in CO quite a bit. Twice in the past year even SWAT team urban exercises have been conducted in Boulder, with weapons and everything. We had that huge exercise here last June, involving terror drills and mock exercises involving school children being killed as part of the exercise. My daughter, a 4th grader, has terror drills at her school as well. Anyway, when these things happen to even be announced beforehand, all the news says is, don't worry if you see SWAT teams or military personnel running around with weapons, it's just an exercise.

There are several videos on Youtube and elsewhere online about unannounced exercises a week or two ago in Chicago involving black helicopters with soldiers hanging out of the doors, circling inbetween skyscrapers for hours. Fox News Chicago covered it and they even asked the powers-that-be if it was related to prepping for NATO and they said no, it's just a normal exercise. They interviewed witnesses of it and mentioned they were flying lower than the top of buildings, some even mentioned seeing actual weapons on the soliders hanging out of the helicopters, flying so closely, you could see what they were wearing. When these exercises start becoming widespread and commonplace and citizens are afraid, something just isn't right. Additionally, when you start adding all of this to the fact that military vehicles and troops are being spotted frequently everywhere across the country, in lieu of normal exercises, it is putting a message across either intended or unintended: we aren't as "free" as we think we are.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Yeah, us Americans are such jerks. LOL. Giving billions of dollars in foreign aid to our enemies and spreading our capitalist products that benefits peoples lives.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I grew up in this area, well northern Minnesota has been my stomping grounds more namely International Falls, MN. I have seen in multiple towns this scenerio and its not just isolated to crookston. Walker, MN. Cook, MN.
Green Way, MN and more. Currently Im in the metro area and I live next to the military base in St. Paul by the mississippi. There is a walking trail next to the river and it follows the usual flight path of any incoming air craft, and military helicopters have been in and out the last couple weeks like crazy. I still remember the days I would hardly ever hear one. My dad is ex marine corp and whenever he is over he always says they are supplying the base, Im not sure how accurate that statement is. It drew my interest though, and it made me ask why they where supplying so much for so long. Maybe someone knows this to, two huge cargo planes that travel in a pair, they are for sure military, Ive seen them take off and land numerous times. Not sure what they are called....Just my eye witnesses observation of increased military activity.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
You took an oath to uphold the constitution did you not? I suggest you read it, if you don't understand the point of that statement

Oh, wow, thanks for filling me in on something I've been doing for almost 30 years. I completely forgot.

So, Ace, since you seem to have all the answers, point out in my oath where it says I won't take weapons away from someone.

Because if someone is acting like an ass-hat, he's gonna lose his weapon. Sorry about that.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have a few friends who are in the National Guard.
On one hand, I've never known them to do training in a civilian neighborhood.
On the other hand, not one of them would turn their backs on citizens and support a government take-over.
Personally, I think the National Guard would be on "our" side.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

From the article when asked what they are training for

“To be honest ma’am, I don’t know.”

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Wow.... ^^^^^ this is the type of people we have protecting us? No wonder we keep seeing stuff like soldiers posing with corpses. We got a bunch of screw offs like this guy who can't be bothered to read the constitution. All he probably cared about was "When do I get to shoot my gun? Preferably at another human being!"

Lemme guess: Never served, did you? Betcha think you're just wwaaaaayyyy too smart to be in the military, right?

How about this little example, Slick: When I was doing relief flights into New Orleans during Katrina, my helicopter came back with some interesting little holes in it from the "concerned citizens" shooting at me.

If I had the chance, I'd have taken their weapons from them.

So, how about moving out and drawing fire; be a good example for once. Clownshoes.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

I grew up in this area, well northern Minnesota has been my stomping grounds more namely International Falls, MN. I have seen in multiple towns this scenerio and its not just isolated to crookston. Walker, MN. Cook, MN.
Green Way, MN and more. Currently Im in the metro area and I live next to the military base in St. Paul by the mississippi. There is a walking trail next to the river and it follows the usual flight path of any incoming air craft, and military helicopters have been in and out the last couple weeks like crazy. I still remember the days I would hardly ever hear one. My dad is ex marine corp and whenever he is over he always says they are supplying the base, Im not sure how accurate that statement is. It drew my interest though, and it made me ask why they where supplying so much for so long. Maybe someone knows this to, two huge cargo planes that travel in a pair, they are for sure military, Ive seen them take off and land numerous times. Not sure what they are called....Just my eye witnesses observation of increased military activity.

Very interesting, great to have actual people there witnessing it, posting on here. Have you noticed a pattern to any of it? Weekdays, weekends, day, night, etc.? Also, how long would you say this has been going on and are any news agencies picking it up, discussing these drills or exercises?

I, too, live near a military installation about 40 minutes south of me and there is a definite pattern of "normal". However, in the last year, I am constantly hearing the roar of fighter jets going back and forth and have seen, about 2-3 times a week,s ometimes more, large black military helicopters going over my neighborhood. They always come from the south, towards the military installation, but circle around my actual neighborhood at a very, very low altitude. Then then head northeast, do a big lap, and circle back around the neighborhood, on average, 2-3 times while doing this. This never used to happen before, I've been wondering what the hell is so interesting about my neighborhood.

Any additional info on this would be appreciated

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I find it funny that the rescue helos, boat crews and other personnel came under fire but this info never reached ATS posters. All they heard was that the govt/TPTB/reptilians were taking the guns away from law abiding citizens.

But, hey, it's every citizens right to shoot at those trying to help, right?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They're just gradually desensitizing us to the sight of armed guards on our streets.

Same thing with drones will be happening soon enough. Gradually implement them until, 10 years from now, we go about life with the subconscious (or conscious) awareness that we're just always being surveilled.

The point is if they do it gradually enough, there's less chance for an abrupt reaction from the public. The elite know this about the human mind.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Well gee, the national guard Quarantined the city and wouldn't allow citizens to leave. When citizens tried to leave they were shot at and even killed. No wonder they were shooting at you. And the National Guard was going house to house confiscating guns.

You my friend are a loose cannon.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Concerning the events in my area now, it is for sure on a daily basis. My sons love watching them come in, they get very low and it makes their day. I wish I knew the makes and models of military air craft and the purpose these serve. Worthy to note too, I work in a machine shop, I am the quality manager and we have had multiple young guys give notice of deployment, Minnesota National Gaurd Members. One young machinist mention his deployment was not over-seas, but at the same time he did not know specifically where. He is an infantry man. I dont realy follow to much and my interest to things like this is new, I lack alot of knowledge, but like i said before, all I can do is tell everyone here what I hear and see.

I take vacation up north about 5 times a year and this is when I see the military activity, its not every trip I see this, but certainly over 50%. I lost count of how many convoys Ive heading up 35w norht bound.

My two cents (its probably nothing)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

We don't need another Kent State

Kent State shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings - Similarto Kent State shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre—occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join