It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Neighborhood Streets Fully Armed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Guard your guns. Don't let them take them.

If they try, they are violating their oaths.

Why? Why are you being a fear monger? If we were to honestly take your weapons...we would have done so along time ago. Besides with what tech the military has and training. The American public wouldn't be hard to go up against. Think about it. Look at yourself for example. How many Americans do you see overweight, not to bright, and all around whiners? I would say at least 65% if not more fit in those categories. Moving on....................

I see nothing wrong with whats going on. Getting hands on training is the best way to prevent say an invasion or preparing to invade an urban country. I mean you would be pretty sick to not want our brothers and sisters, moms and dads...........to get the best training they can to come back to their families.

So now you need to admit you are being a drama queen or you are sick and twisted in the head. The decision is yours to make and maybe next time think about how you voice your opinion. Same goes for everyone.

WITHOUT A FREAKIN MILITARY, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A HOME or enjoy living like the people do in AFGHAN or Iraq.

Grow up or leave this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by mileysubet

I know if I lived in a town that had any military doing training in it, I would move, or try to get legislation against it passed. That's just me I guess. Of all the things I would have to worry about, one of the girls getting run over by a military vehicle on top of it? Nah, I'll pass

Like I said, maybe they should just hire willing participants, instead of using people that live in a town near their bases. It would be a whole lot safer IMO, for both sides.

And mentioning Katrina and NG, probably isn't the best tactic to get people to not panic. Afterall, they did go around taking people's guns away if I remember correctly

WTF country do you live in? Katrina is a great example. For example: Katrina hit, people started stealing from their brothers and sisters because humanity cant play by the rules. Humanity is evil, self-centered, and stupid. So the smart move would be to keep these guy in YOUR TOWN because THEY are the only ONES stepping in between your family and the "bad guy." Trust me...you are not trained to handle a hostel situation. So as soon as you are out of the picture, your family is gone.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I thought the military has a bunch of mini mock towns to train in?

Not the same as doing it in a real town. We did E&E thru a town once. Way more realistic.

Since they throw away so much money to the military anyways....

That's funny. "Throw away money on the military"

, if they want realistic drills, why not hire actors to populate those mock towns, instead of train in real towns like that?

And actors will make it more realistic?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I took an oath not to take weapons from civilians? Really???

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Am I the only one who noticed the picture looks like it was taken in the 70s?

The truck isn't exactly modern.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Right now I am in canada, born and raised in the tristate area though. I don't need anyone to save me, I can and have taken care of myself and my family. I live in areas with out even police forces, on purpose. Funny how places like that are safer than the city with loads and loads of cops out protecting everyone.

Right, people were going nuts after katrina. The response? Take away guns from home and business owners.... Thanks, I will pass on that kind of "help".

Sounds like you are military, you are biased, of course you want people to think they need the military. It's called trying to keep your job, I can dig it. Yes, we throw away far too much into the military in my opinion. But then, if you ask me, the military should be used for defense only. I guess I am old fashioned like that.

HAving actors would make it more realistic than ghost towns with dummies and silhouttes set up would it not? And at least they would be willing participants, far less chance of some kind of accident.
edit on Tue, 01 May 2012 08:55:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

You took an oath to uphold the constitution did you not? I suggest you read it, if you don't understand the point of that statement

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I thought the military has a bunch of mini mock towns to train in? Since they throw away so much money to the military anyways, if they want realistic drills, why not hire actors to populate those mock towns, instead of train in real towns like that?

yeah its a nice thought but up here in MN we only have Camp Ripley for any real neighborhood training.. and their MOUT training area sucks.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Ah that sucks. I figured all bases had their urban training areas, seeing as how all the current wars tend to take place in urban areas. Would make sense to have them, guess we should build more, and better ones.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Am I the only one who noticed the picture looks like it was taken in the 70s?

The truck isn't exactly modern.

really?
trucks like that are pretty prevalent in small MN towns, and look at the troops uniforms. no way this was taken in the 70's.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Looks more like a 80s truck, maybe even early 90's. My unlce has a truck from the late 80's, looks a lot like it. Hard to find durable and compact pickups like they used to make them.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Or..living under Military rule.

Some people have been free to long....

When you forget why others fought for your freedoms....u make comments like that....

Nice reply

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It is probably just land navigation tanning and the weapons are more than likely not loaded. I live near NG and Active and I see them pass my backyard every once in a while. I take pride that my dog keep them on their toes though

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure:

you mean disCLAIMER?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They're using training gear...

Cant people tell it apart?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why? Why are you being a fear monger? If we were to honestly take your weapons...we would have done so along time ago
reply to post by johngrissom

Surprise, you already have once, well maybe not you but the military and mercs did, Hurricane Katrina aftermath ring a bell?

And those werent the color of the uniforms/fatigues, in the 70s or 80s, they were either OD or green camo.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Why? Why are you being a fear monger? If we were to honestly take your weapons...we would have done so along time ago. Besides with what tech the military has and training. The American public wouldn't be hard to go up against. Think about it. Look at yourself for example. How many Americans do you see overweight, not to bright, and all around whiners? I would say at least 65% if not more fit in those categories. Moving on....................

I see nothing wrong with whats going on. Getting hands on training is the best way to prevent say an invasion or preparing to invade an urban country. I mean you would be pretty sick to not want our brothers and sisters, moms and dads...........to get the best training they can to come back to their families.

So now you need to admit you are being a drama queen or you are sick and twisted in the head. The decision is yours to make and maybe next time think about how you voice your opinion. Same goes for everyone.

WITHOUT A FREAKIN MILITARY, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A HOME or enjoy living like the people do in AFGHAN or Iraq.

Grow up or leave this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think that if the public were to rise up against the government that the military would just be able to walk over them then you don't know the American public. When people make statements like this it seems like they forget about small town America where people basically grow up with a weapon in their hands and spend more time survival training than most of the military could dream of doing. Speaking as a vet myself it will not be as easy as you think.

The military has nether the need nor the right to patrol the streets in this manner. If they want to practice invading a neighborhood then they can practice in the neighborhoods on base.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Anyone know what a CAB unit is. I'm thinking it might be a typo and the unit is a CAV unit. We did stuff like this when I was in the National Guard. I was in a heavy Cav unit that used Bradleys and Abrams. We only had a couple of each at the Armory, the rest of our vehicles were at Fort Stewart. I do remember one time that we drew 12 humvees and took both scout platoons with full combat gear out into the local community to practice mounted navigation and some other tasks common to Cavalrymen, like route assesment where you inspect bridges for booby traps and also measure the main beams to see if a bridge will hold the heavier equipment that would be coming behind us. We informed the local Sheriffs Office and State Patrol. A local farmer who had retired from our unit allowed us to use some of his property to dismount and conduct dismounted operations. It was pretty decent training for a home station drill weekend.

Seven or eight of the Humvees were apparently borrowed from an MP company as they had blue lights on them. I do remember one really funny interaction with locals. We stopped at a convenient store to get drinks and snacks. Beside that store were several very crappy looking trailers and houses. The inhabitants of the trailers and houses quickly got on the porch and stared nervously at us. One of the soldiers in my unit was a sheriff deputy in his civilian life, and said that the trailer park was known for meth and the people there probably thought they were about to get busted.

The better National Guard units stretch their training budgets by doing stuff like this. It's not a prelude to martial law. Many Guard units are far away from where they do the most serious of their training. As the Guard is supported by my tax dollars I would rather them be out practicing patrolling, land navigation, and other skills that they may need and don't interfere with any civilians than simply being holed up in the Armory talking about what bar they are going to after the duty day ends.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
National Guard units have been cycling through there yearly 2 weeks out of the year training requirements. If we look going back about a decade plus you will see military units have trained in cities large and small, from this town to Los Angeles.

State Guard units are not subject to Posses Commitatus.

The cities where this type of training occurs usually hold hearings and give the public a good amount of heads up time to ensure there are no crossed wires. There was a town in North Carolina where the local guard unit went out with the police and participated in training that had military doing law enforcement function support. The towns people approved it and any person who entered the training areas were told that if they don't wish to participate to just let the officer / soldier know and they would move on.

It worked out pretty well...

The, for lack of a better term, paranoia on this site along with the conflicting views is... goofy...

People bitch about our military being overseas, demanding they be brought home to help secure fix things here. Then, every time something like this comes up, the same people complain the military is instituting martial law or has sinister intentions.

Contrary to popular belief our soldiers are not created.. They are living human beings who, if they dont train, wont be effective on the off chance they are ever needed.

If anything, how about we tell them thanks for serving, and reserve the speculation / questions for the public affairs / commanding officers.

I don't really think people are complaining. They are just asking questions. They want to know what is going on... I guess that's just the act of a "goofy" person...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

I took an oath not to take weapons from civilians? Really???

Wow.... ^^^^^ this is the type of people we have protecting us? No wonder we keep seeing stuff like soldiers posing with corpses. We got a bunch of screw offs like this guy who can't be bothered to read the constitution. All he probably cared about was "When do I get to shoot my gun? Preferably at another human being!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join