It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my newest song- inspired by feeling cosmic energy (dancy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
As above!
This song was inspired by feeling new energies arise in my body, and starting to take notice of it appearing in the people around me and watching it transform every ones life.

I felt compelled to write this as the lyrics just came to me as if it was being channeled or something.
Makes me wonder what really goes on in this world

Has a dancy high vibe feel, unlike this nonsence you hear on the radio!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

cool song man. ill have to listen to it when im on Land Sea. Damn!
peace

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

thanks

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I like the music, it reminds me a little of the intro to Golden Brown - The Stranglers

Not sure if the singer suits that melody especially when she does the vibrato and anycase the vocals need to be more in your face. As a consequence i have to strain to work out the lyrics.

I know i sound like a miserable git but the drums could do with a bit of life, why not use a break? Try autotune on the vox not because they're out of tune but to make them sound more modern and if you didn't already know track those vox again and again until you wanna cry.

All said and done good effort.

Sorry to deviate from the original post but are you Mr Delerious? I have been listening to some youtube under that name and i've enjoyed everything i heard although this one is more up my street Mr Delerious- Righteousness

If it's true and you are Mr Delerious i think your music is great, it's well composed with lovelly sounds but your drum tracks could have a bit more life in them. It's not the patterns or the rhythms but the drum sounds and the mixdown. Although i base this upon music i hear on the radio, in the charts and in the clubs whilst your music in it's current format sounds perfect for background in movies, documentaries or tv shows.

edit on 1-5-2012 by sharkz because: added extra comments

edit on 1-5-2012 by sharkz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

WOW! Thanks! I changed the title, made up my own words and put my name on it! Im putting it on Facebook and MySpace music right now as my new song. I hope everyone likes it!!!*

*(Making a point here about losing your hard work by exposing it to the masses to do with it however and whatever they want to...including putting their own name on it and giving YOU ...the composer...ZERO credit for your hard work. Should they wish to SELL it and take the money...you'd be out of luck.)

This is an on-point argument for copyrighted works. Dont GIVE your stuff away without some form of protection.

This is the way free downloads and file sharing hurt you....the composer and lyricist. I could do ANYTHING I want with this now....(but I wont)

PS Its really pretty good. Dont top writing...Protect your hard work as well. Good Luck! MS

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

So who wrote the song and who composed the music if you would be so kind? I,m pretty much confused.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sharkz

Apparently, the OP did. But I copied it, changed it, and put my name on it as the writer/composer.

Hey! He put it out there for anyone so I took it...becaseu I could. And no one will ever know I didnt write it.

***This is a test. This is only a TEST! I am making a point about freely using other peoples hard earned livelyhood and original compositions...because...I can!

Does everyone GET IT?

PPS. I am a copyright owner..AND am in favor of sharing. some way some how. PEACE!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharkz

I like the music, it reminds me a little of the intro to Golden Brown - The Stranglers

Not sure if the singer suits that melody especially when she does the vibrato and anycase the vocals need to be more in your face. As a consequence i have to strain to work out the lyrics.

I know i sound like a miserable git but the drums could do with a bit of life, why not use a break? Try autotune on the vox not because they're out of tune but to make them sound more modern and if you didn't already know track those vox again and again until you wanna cry.

All said and done good effort.

Sorry to deviate from the original post but are you Mr Delerious? I have been listening to some youtube under that name and i've enjoyed everything i heard although this one is more up my street Mr Delerious- Righteousness

If it's true and you are Mr Delerious i think your music is great, it's well composed with lovelly sounds but your drum tracks could have a bit more life in them. It's not the patterns or the rhythms but the drum sounds and the mixdown. Although i base this upon music i hear on the radio, in the charts and in the clubs whilst your music in it's current format sounds perfect for background in movies, documentaries or tv shows.

edit on 1-5-2012 by sharkz because: added extra comments

edit on 1-5-2012 by sharkz because: (no reason given)

Thanks exactly the answer i was looking for! i thought the same with the singer but she was the only one i could find willing to do it so had to take her.. do you have any suggestions to make the vocals stand out more? im new to working with vocals...
I shall try bringing the drums up and am working on my mixdowns... tricky stuff ;P

and yes i am mr Delerious
but someone else had released music in that name before me so just used my real name...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I can understand what your saying but if it did come to that, i do have every sound in a separate file where he would just have the song. hence showing the true creator!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I know it isn't easy going over previous work as the desire to create something new is a great motivator. If you have heard your creation too many times you strain to hear it for what it is so using someone else's tune as a map can help. Failing that put it away for a month or two and you will be more objective towards it. I would love to be hypnotised to forget it so when i hear my tune for the thousand time i think it's the first time lol.

The thing is.... everyone else has an opinion and unless everyone shares the same opinion regarding your tune, you are best to take these opinions with a pinch of salt. When you are shopping a tune around the labels you will find one A&R man will tell you the opposite to the other so you come to realise they don't always know what they are talking about, except they don't like it. Therefore you just keep doing what you do and eventually you will get it right, even if in your opinion it''s not your best work.

In my experience of hiring session vocalists it can be hit or miss, even though a singer can be brilliant they might not suit your music, the key it's in or that particular song. When you rightly match these two variables you will know and it's a good idea to take full advantage and replicate the recipe as much as you can. In this respect i can see why bands stay together for long periods of time using the same formula time and time again.

Recording vocals requires great patience especially if you are the creative one because most of your time is spent nurturing another persons creation.....personally it bores the cr*p out of me. I have found there is a method to this madness but it does require alot of tracks. I,ve known one tune to take a whole week of vocals whilst recording harmonies and what not. Some singers can be over fussy to the point of ridiculous so play it by ear excuse the pun.

It's very important to get a flawless lead vocal recorded first that you can use to track the other vocals to. Once this has been achieved there are no limits to the amount of unisons you can record and add but they all must be tight or it will sound like a kids choir. Here and there you can digitally do some chopping and moving around without ruining the feel or vibe to tighten things up.

A slight detune in the unisons can contribute to thickening the vocals and making them sound bigger. Normally a few different tones work well i.e. a softer sung vocal and a harder sung vocal. Another octave can work in the chorus or simply a bit of reverb on a few of those unisons and hamonies. It doesn't hurt to pan these vocals ever so slightly as broadening the stereo field can also make the vocals sound bigger. As for e.q., compression and oral excitiing there's no rules as long as you don't over do it unless you want an unnatural sound.

I wish you the best for your next session oh by the way my friend is very enthusiastic about soundcloud.com .....i,m stil to check it out but apparenty people share ideas, riffs and vocals. You might meet the perfect vocalist for you on there mate.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
haha yerp! sware i listened to it 500 times last week putting those vocals in, drove me mad!!

I will be sure to take your advice and try out your suggestions, and thanks ALOT! so hard to find people willing to give positive criticism, suppose its the knowledge of music production..

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I like it, although the beats could be a bit more interesting. I kept waiting for a drum and bass style drum pattern to come in. Stick some more energetic beats and a heavy bass line and it would sound awesome. Thats just my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don't know if you can access this on youtube but i hear this styled beat on your tune but couldn't remember the name of it before Puretone: Addicted to bass

Not that your groove is unlike it anyways but it's nice to have other tunes as a reference and the beat is quite dirty on this one. I think it's a break sampled, recycled and sped up and re-arranged although i could be wrong....were as you have programmed yours from scratch so it's harder to make that dirty sound. Funny both your tune and this one have a cowbell running through it.

BTW i have been listening to 'Energies' on my NS-10m's and the vocals have grown on me considerably. You got a decent mixdown too, what are you using for monitors? It might be nice to gate some of those vocals when the word 'my' sustains before 'head' to keep the flow interesting. All said and done it's a damn good effort and i,m no expert or i wouldn't have time to be making these post wahahaha!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I like it, although the beats could be a bit more interesting. I kept waiting for a drum and bass style drum pattern to come in. Stick some more energetic beats and a heavy bass line and it would sound awesome. Thats just my opinion.

i was reluctant to call it drum and bass, because its got a different feel to it... but essentially it is drum and bass haha. it was directed at a more main stream ordinance hence the dancy style.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sharkz

I don't know if you can access this on youtube but i hear this styled beat on your tune but couldn't remember the name of it before Puretone: Addicted to bass

Not that your groove is unlike it anyways but it's nice to have other tunes as a reference and the beat is quite dirty on this one. I think it's a break sampled, recycled and sped up and re-arranged although i could be wrong....were as you have programmed yours from scratch so it's harder to make that dirty sound. Funny both your tune and this one have a cowbell running through it.

BTW i have been listening to 'Energies' on my NS-10m's and the vocals have grown on me considerably. You got a decent mixdown too, what are you using for monitors? It might be nice to gate some of those vocals when the word 'my' sustains before 'head' to keep the flow interesting. All said and done it's a damn good effort and i,m no expert or i wouldn't have time to be making these post wahahaha!

Checked out the song, great song for the time! ill be sure to reference my songs to other in the future!
think i need to invest in some izotope plugins....

NS-10m's- nice speakers, i was debating over these and mine, but ended up getting the KRK Rockit 8's.
mmm some gating could sound good! didn't even think of that.

Yer i cant work out to how to get a nice sound on all speakers, like it sounds awsome on monitors but when u hear it on normal speakers the levels all sound way off.

"im no expert" haha, thanks for the input

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Yeah those KRK's look lovelly and get good reviews from the dance producers but i,ve never used them. I struggled mixing on the Genelic 1032a's as a noticeable hole seemed to be in the low mids on playback on other speakers. There's just so many contributing factors and your room is very important to the mixdown so again using other tunes that have already proven themselves as a reference is a must. Always turn the volume way down on your monitors to check what you can hear every now and again. Mixing is an art in itself so if you,ve got a tune you really believe in don't hesitate to get a proper engineer to mix it down for you in a good studio.

I love the mix-down on 'Righteousness'.... that tune is huge but i,m sure it sounds better to you in your room on your KRK's. Do you DJ or know any? I found that collaborating on tunes with a DJ helped to shape a final mix as he could play it in the club at the weekend and if there was a mix issue i could hear it as one of the audience.

I dunno those pluggins and to be honest i,ve got lost in all this technology but i will try them out and get back to you. I find the more tech you have the more complicated matters become. There's something to be said for just a piano and singer or a guitar and singer. The UK's top selling single last year is a good example of this Adele - Someone Like You.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Interestingly...back in the day...you'd mail yourself a copy of the material ie song, chords, words etc...and not open it. The postmark was a way of proving later that on that date you had it in your possession. It used to be called the "poor-mans copyright".

Years later, it was deemed not legal.

And again in early 2000, the US Copyright Office told people to do that again...because they were getting inundated with copyrights from folks wanting to register.

As of 2012, Im unsure as to which to use. I've just always copyrighted everything. (Im a professional)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Yeah this was similar in the UK although it was better to mail it via registered delivery to a saftey deposit box in your bank or leave it with your Lawyer.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yeah i checked a few of the Izotope pluggins and think they're great. 'Ozone' seems to be the one but to be honest playing around with these mastering effects can take the good out of your mix sometimes. I,m more inclined to use this tech on single instruments to get them nice and trebley/bassy.

Back in the late 90's i would have went with my tune to a Mastering Suite to get a professional to do this before getting an acetate/dubplate made to pester the dj's with. I suppose now with so many cd mixers out there you can have a go yourself.

All said and done some of my mixdowns were shocking but still got the air play on Radio Stations while others had a good mixdown but didn't get any airplay at all. A good tune = a good tune end off!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
As above!
This song was inspired by feeling new energies arise in my body, and starting to take notice of it appearing in the people around me and watching it transform every ones life.

I felt compelled to write this as the lyrics just came to me as if it was being channeled or something.
Makes me wonder what really goes on in this world

Has a dancy high vibe feel, unlike this nonsence you hear on the radio!

www.youtube.com...

I like it. Good job.

new topics

top topics

join