It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am worried about ATS. It's changed in the year I have been on.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Seems like post and threads are "tamed" down and not much of the items I use to love to read on ATS. I get a "feeling" ATS is being really tame or being watched and posts are being taken out about Nibiru....Anunnaki.....other conspiracies theories...and general "wow"....could that be true? Terribly tame now...nothing controversile showing up. Is it just me...or are others sensing this too?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by burningbelief

It seems like a lot of members have just vanished too.
Or is just me?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I also agree, I remember when first coming to this site, it was like its own world with reporters looking for the truth connecting the dots to everything. I remember reading posts that would be extremely long and interesting about theories on life and the connections with all the things of today. Hopefully some of these people will return with great information and posts like before.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burningbelief
Seems like post and threads are "tamed" down and not much of the items I use to love to read on ATS. I get a "feeling" ATS is being really tame or being watched and posts are being taken out about Nibiru....Anunnaki.....other conspiracies theories...and general "wow"....could that be true? Terribly tame now...nothing controversile showing up. Is it just me...or are others sensing this too?

Posts about Nibiru being taken out? I can't agree with this. It is one of the topics that comes up too frequently, with newer threads only repeating information that's already been posted in other threads.

The Nibiru chatter may have calmed down in the past couple months, but it wasn't that long ago every other thread was Nibiru-related.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I sometimes think that there's just too many threads started in general.
Too often now there are MSM articles that are everywhere else anyway.

And so many misleading thread titles !

example - "Alien announcement immenent , 100%proof" - then the thread starts with something like " My brother's girlfriend's dad's brother's cousin works at starbucks and he said that something was about to happen , I don't know what it is though"

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can't help but think that the tendency for many folks to not simply debate but to viciously tear into anyone with an idea that is more than a bit off mainstream now does a great deal in keeping others from posting at all.

I recall a recent thread started by one of the more established and certainly more respected members who is known for some lengthy and very well researched posts, lamenting this very thing.

It's not that difficult to understand, in my opinion, why folks wouldn't take the risk and dare to post something pretty wild these days. When ridicule and from more than one direction is almost certainly what is coming to the OP.....well, heck.

I wish the those posters would 'come back' too. I'm just thinking they haven't left at all. They just stopped posting entirely.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Meh, that sort of stuff comes in waves. It all depends on what happens to be taking up people's mind-space at any given time.

Don't worry, the epic/crazy/bat # insane topics will come around again

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

It seems like a lot of members have just vanished too.
Or is just me?

This is the main reason, people have left whatever reasons they had, the best posters no longer use ATS. The best thread makers are writing there stories somewhere else.

All mainstream media like news is in decline, people don't believe the stuff peddled by the main stream and ATS has become more mainstream. I feel political correctness has lead to more scripted news.

Plus add the obvious posters here being paid to shrill certain topics. This isn't just a ATS thing this is a internet wide issue. I think political parties, governments, religions and industries are paying people to post on the internet, just read the comments on msm news websites.

I think the biggest change are sites like Facebook, this type of media will likely be the death of internet forums. Just like instant messenger sites were the death of html chat rooms a decade ago.

I recently quit playing a game I have played since 2008, I saw the game on a ad here on ATS, this is the nature of the internet.

Edit to add: I love the ATS model, the no cussing and the system they use, this has made many posters in the past better than what they are, I know this from following some former members to other forums where you have free for alls, its mostly sensationalized trashing each other than good threads or even topics... Its a mess out there.

I feel the first 20 years of the internet was a place for being anonymous, where you could hide behind a avatar and do what you will, but in the future I don't see it being like that. I see it being more personalized like with facebooks and social media being combined with business apps and someday I can see the internet being all accessed through one website. A one click web if you will

edit on 1-5-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I can't help but think that the tendency for many folks to not simply debate but to viciously tear into anyone with an idea that is more than a bit off mainstream now does a great deal in keeping others from posting at all.

this is it. the recent thread comes to mind where a kid posted a great level-headed writeup and photos of an unidentified flying object, then was taunted and finally banned for no solid reason, it was teeming with nasty cynical thugs, very shameful episode in my view. i think some people are so jaded and cynical they project their distrust onto everyone else and see hidden motives in everyone, it's destructive and completely not in the spirit of honest inquiry.

top topics

join