It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safety alert: May 1 mass disruptions planned globally - the99% roll into action

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hello everyone. Before I post the following I want to make it clear to all of you that this is just a message I got in my e-mail and doesn't express my view or involvement in any way. I tried to search it but I couldn't find anything related to this "news". Few minutes ago, I got an e-mail that sounded to strange and to alarming at the same time. The reason why I'm posting is firstly to make sure that if there is any truth to it, the others can learn about and secondly if it is just a false flag or a fear mongering attempt, we can learn the pattern and be prepared for future scenarios of this kind. Here is the text

NaturalNews Insider Alert ( www.NaturalNews.com ) - please forward
Dear NaturalNews readers,
This is a preparedness and safety alert for citizens in North America and across large cities (including Toronto, London, Sydney and more):
For May 1, the "99%" are planning nationwide disruptions, work stoppages, slow-downs and more in an attempt to shake up the status quo.
This flyer reveals part of their plan:
threatjournal.com...
Here's the website of what's happening in NYC:
www.maydaynyc.org...
And here's an article from BusinessWeek that discusses what might happen:
www.businessweek.com...

Then the message continues with the following

My predictions:
Best case scenario: Peaceful protests, very little impact. Only minor disruptions.
Worst case scenario: Escalation into violence, ignites a shooting war between protesters and the government.

What you can do:
* Be prepared for disruptions! If you can, STAY HOME and avoid being on the streets on May 1.
* If you must travel in a vehicle, carry extra food, water, fuel, flashlights, warm blanket, and whatever legal self defense items you feel comfortable having with you.
* If you have children or teens in the family, encourage them to stay home on May 1 and avoid getting caught up in possible riots or police response actions.
* If you stay home, beef up your home security and neighborhood watch efforts. Keep your cell phones fully charged. Keep flashlights handy. Lock your doors and keep an eye out for looters or home invasion crooks.
* If the local police are distracted by having to deal with marches, protests or riots, local thieves will use that opportunity to invade private homes while the police cannot respond!

A few dozens seats are still available for my May 8th preparedness defense course:
We have just a few dozen seats remaining for my LIVE course on preparedness defense. This course is absolutely packed with very valuable defense and safety tactics in extreme situations, including how to handle:
* Grid down (power off)
* Riots, social unrest
* Nuclear accidents
* Natural disasters
... and more. Register now at:
www.HealthRangerLIVE.com
This event runs May 8th at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific. It can be viewed LIVE on May 8th and also viewed an unlimited number of times thereafter.
P.S. We are looking at adding capacity so we may be able to add a few hundred more seats, as this is nearly sold out and people are asking us to add capacity.

Things are heating up in the USA. Social unrest seems increasingly likely throughout 2012.

Here are some recent preparedness interviews I strongly recommend, in case you missed these:

James Wesley Rawles is a former US Army intelligence officer who, for the last two decades, has authored bestselling books and top blogs on preparedness. This man is highly intelligent and extremely well informed. Here, he talks with Alex Jones about what happens in a "grid down" situation and why 50% of the population in U.S. cities will probably not make it out alive. This was just recorded maybe 10 days ago:
tv.naturalnews.com...

Joe Nobody is the featured bonus guest in my upcoming May 8th LIVE seminar. I have pre-recorded a bonus interview with him that will be unveiled on May 8th. Here, you can listen to the first 13 minutes of our discussion, which centers around the U.S. government's recent purchase of 450 million rounds of hollow point ammo to be used domestically, apparently against the American people. The full interview will be broadcast on May 8th to the participants of my LIVE event, but you can get the first 13 minutes right here:
tv.naturalnews.com...

Jim Marrs is one of the best-informed investigative journalists in the country. I interviewed him a few months ago and didn't get it published until now, but this interview is absolutely packed with valuable knowledge about the economic collapse that's coming. Here, Jim reveals the truth about what he calls "Zombie banks."
tv.naturalnews.com...

Honestly I've read a lot of strange and disturbing things in my life and being part of ATS for so many years, that experience just get richer but what I just received left a very bad taste in my mouth. Can anyone vouch in anyway for the veracity of this message or at least part of it?

Thank you

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Bloomberg Newsweek was more specific about the same issue

Occupy Wall Street demonstrators, whose anti-greed message spread worldwide during an eight-week encampment in Lower Manhattan last year, plan marches across the globe today calling attention to what they say are abuses of power and wealth.

Organizers say they hope the coordinated events will mark a spring resurgence of the movement after a quiet winter. Calls for a general strike with no work, no school, no banking and no shopping have sprung up on websites in Toronto, Barcelona, London, Kuala Lumpur and Sydney, among hundreds of cities in North America, Europe and Asia.

In New York, Occupy Wall Street will join scores of labor organizations observing May 1, traditionally recognized as International Workers’ Day. They plan marches from Union Square to Lower Manhattan and a “pop-up occupation” of Bryant Park on Sixth Avenue, across the street from Bank of America’s Corp.’s (BAC) 55-story tower.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I highly doubt this will help you, but I can say I did receive the same email from a group Im in and another member of the group said they knew it was real as they have been contacted by a few to join from " real life"... shrug... we shall see I suppose. Glad I dont have to work tomorrow

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Very interesting, this is the first i've seen of it. Not that I don't believe there won't be protests or the like, I wonder if the body of the message in the email (not the flyer) is more of a scare tactic to keep people in and that in itself will prove a point, whether out of protest or out of fear, people stayed in. I don't mean to say that I don't agree with some of the stuff being said in these protests; in fact, I agree with much of it. However, the tone of that email is a bit intimidating in a way, as far as protecting oneself, home, and family, and that just bothers me. Other than that, I'd like to see what would happen when people get "real" out there, I mean, it's been low-key for the most part since fall, and would like to see something come of these protests other than getting homeless people banned from sidewalks because of the all-encompassing "camping" laws that require permits in order to sleep on sidewalks, so as to prevent protestors from setting up shop.

Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Since it is morning here in Germany, I'll give a shout if anything pops up here at least.

Though I expect a quiet day, most Germans are probably sleeping off hangovers, not planning disruptions.

Cheers

beez

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Do a google search for "May 1 2012 General Strike" it will explain a lot. Most news sources already have this info but most aren't covering it. Unfortunately the strategy of having "the 99%" skip work for the day is not very bright as these are the very people who can least afford to do it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's 3.30pm in OZ and not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.
Did see a loud mouth bogon though but then I realised I was looking in the mirror.
Sounded like the guy just wanted to sell spots in his boy scout courses.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So if I didn't get the memo does that mean I mustn't be part of the 99%?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I just wrote a thread about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hannity was being an alarmist about it on his show trying to say OWS are putting American lives at risk.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Edit- Its the same day Osama was killed last year. Homeland Security and the FBI have issued a warning despite there being no specific threat.

I also wrote a thread on May Day a few days ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

God Im well informed
Or obsessed maybe.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
And so it begun....

Everything in regards to the two paths that humanity have to choose from, starts now.

Some could say... it started with Arab Spring... NOPE, that only leads to freedom of choice and liberty.

Some could say... it started with Bush... NOPE, that was only an expression of what we are and what actions our collective was conducive towards.

Some could say... it started with OWS... NOPE, last year was only an expression of liberty as to test its effectiveness.

Now that they saw that they were partially effective, but not as much as they wanted, the game plan will change...

I say... It starts with the 2012 protests, which will not all be peaceful, they will not be conducted with the best of interests for the masses. This will become a selfish, progressive movement.... not to test ones freedom in liberty, but rather to try and stack more straws on the camels back, with no regards as to the ramifications of their actions.

I thought at one point, that many of the OWS actions of last year, could be seen as justifications for such things as martial law, or the use of FEMA camps... but that was a rash call on my behalf.
They simply didn't have the initiatives or exhibit actions that would warrant such reactions...

But now, this is seemingly different. OWS is no Sons of Liberty, and I hope that everybody can see right through that. If you are planning on joining these events... don't. Gather the intellect, the network of people, the means of influence behind the doors... rather than simply holding a sign.

This is something that many have spent much of their lives researching and preparing for, OWS will ruin any real chanve of a revolution, and only strengthen the divisions in which they focus on in the first place.

The time is not now, the time has always been. Things happen over time, and to force such change with in such a small integer of time is foolish, and not conducive towards any real change that will benefit the whole of society.

Hey 99% you are not alone, stop thinking that you are. There are many in positions of great influence that hold many of the same opinions and stances as you. Just because MSM doesn't focus on them, doesn't mean they aren't there, and doesn't mean that you are not represented. Ron Paul - case in point.

Yall are playing right into the hands of Divide and Conquer and are too arogant to realize this... wake up.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well I'm not losing my job over some OWS.
You can count me out.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't know if this relates, But I just got an Email from a State Senator, who is hosting an emergency preparedness meeting near my city on Friday...

Kind of odd as Im not signed up for these types of notices in any way shape or form, and its the first "political" email Ive ever gotten.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just a bunch of fear mongering that will blow over like usual. They'll have a few hundred in a city of millions and they'll be arrested in the U.S. and that will be that. Granted, Europe may have a better turnout. But with half the youth populations of Spain, Greece, statistically showing as completely unemployed and Italy closing in on that, I'm not surprised.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Going to get off of my ass and go to the local one. Might as well since I have never been involved in a protest in my entire life.

Should be interesting!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They are late

In Montreal its been complete chaos for the last 2 months
the biggest one was 200 000 people
they protest day and night some in peace some with viiolence

On the news they are starting speaking about curfew and putting the army in the street to "protect buildings'"

Spain is in big trouble right now

Spain's economic recession double-dips
edit on 5/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Knowing what key players are doing....Investing in or any other odd occurrences like the put-options on 911.
If there are sudden cancellations to a particular event.

It would be impossible to know what e-mails...(warning emails saying stay home...signed Silverstien (lol)...or...u don't need to know...just pay attention.)

Personally....I don't think nukes would go off in the area they're in or their families are in. Since all the equipment and re-sources are pointed to that NATO summit....it would be perfect to have the event in another City...it will be worse then what it should be because of all the resources being tied up.

Like the training excersizes during the attacks of 911.

Anyways....I'm sure the answers are there...along w/ the warnings...it's just a matter of finding that piece of straw in the preverbial hay-stack.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'd seriously stay alert and aware of whats happening all around you...IF you live in an area known for Occupy activity in the past. NYC, Chicago, Oakland, L.A., San Diego...etc... Maybe they are planning a big come back to rebuild all on one day? It would be an interesting tactic and they did have that big summit in St Louis to coordinate such things. Who knows?

I wouldn't personally worry and I'm not worried myself in an area where Occupy has never had any effective group. Nothing about this month will suddenly make something where it hasn't existed.

Especially New York tho.....I'd be real aware of everything tomorrow, personally.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Just a bunch of fear mongering that will blow over like usual. They'll have a few hundred in a city of millions and they'll be arrested in the U.S. and that will be that. Granted, Europe may have a better turnout. But with half the youth populations of Spain, Greece, statistically showing as completely unemployed and Italy closing in on that, I'm not surprised.

That was mainly the purpose of the thread, to know if it's just a fear mongering bunch or if there is something true about this. Is still early here in Toronto but I'll be alert the whole day for any new development.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Have been looking forward to this for a couple of months now I think, hope it goes well.

Live updates are here, will probably post back later with a stream or two if/when I find them : May Day Occupy protests - live coverage

Edit : Awesome, Timcast is out there like he usually is : Timcast - Ustream

Will try and keep track of what's going on for people here via Timcast and whatever other sources. First thing :

10:05am - They walked past News Corp, and the ticker said : NYPD and corporations braced for trouble.

(Are they trying to prepare for trouble? Even stoking the fire and hoping?) Also, Tim just said multiple lanes of the Golden Gate Bridge have been closed due to an accident.

Not a bad turnout so far, considering it's only 10:12 am and raining :

10:27am : Tim said his stream goes down every so often, but he always brings it back up, and he'll be with us all day.

10:31am : Protesters walked past Chase bank and the police formed a line in front of it to keep them out, and they walked past. Some are supposed to have got inside though. Tim says there's several hundred protesters in his group, and he also says NYPD have legal observers with them, something he's never seen before.

From The Guardian :

10:33am : A crowd of what appears to be hundreds of protesters is moving off 6th Ave. toward Rockefeller plaza. The crowd stopped in front of a Chase Bank branch, where police officers formed a cordon.

Hah! The Guardian are also following Timcast so you may as well just check their page that I linked above. Had no idea they were following him too. Will try and save notes of the main happenings and post back every so often to summarize.

Final edit for now : Tim is archiving his feed, which he apparently does every hour. So if you see the stream down, give it a min or so and refresh.

10:57am : A protester crossed the street and got arrested for "jaywalking." Ridiculous. Glad we don't have stupid laws like that in the 51st state. (yet!) Apparently that's the 2nd arrest Tim knows of, the other being a Veteran holding a flag up outside Bank of America and getting arrested for it...

11:09am : They're now back at Bryant Park, which is one of the main staging areas.
edit on 1-5-2012 by robhines because: update

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Thanks for the link to Timcast... I had watched him during the fall in the OWS protests... Hes a good guy, but had lost the link to his channel

Rock on America

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join