It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very realistic look at today's religious chaos...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I expect this will cause some serious (stoke-worthy type of) issues here, but...people....
we have to get with the program!!
This stuff is just so silly. Take a break....watch, laugh, relax.

The history of Christianity is enormous....and today's different takes on it are off the leash.

Maybe I'll be banned (and certainly I'll be flamed) for this, but I'm so fed up with the zealots shoving my humanity down my throat....

can we all just PLEASE get along?
Please?
EDIT: Oh, btw, there is some foul (not very foul) language here.....

edit on 1-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
And also....this:

it's all so ABSURD.
I know there are those of you who are immersed in this stuff. But if you look at history, and cultivate a sense of humor....

I am not bashing belief in God, or in Christ. I am just sickened by the quarelling, the bitterness, the hatred and divisive crap...
folks! We are all in this together!!

I implore everyone.....STOP THE HATE!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Love Eddie Izzard. The one with Noahs ark being changed to a speed boat is so good.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
People have recommended this guy's comedy to me for some time now. Color me officially inspired!

I understand the spirit in which you say these things, but Wildtimes, your instincts tell you we are all connected. And I agree. However, we also share this fabulous planet with people who do not believe we are all connected - that some know "the way", that only some will be "saved", and that you must know the correct names. With that perceived lack of existing connection comes the freedom to judge. Everyone else becomes the "other".

I'm afraid the crux of it all is the fear of what happens following death. Were that no mystery at all, there would be no religion guiding us through our angst of a perceived post-mortem nothingness to reassure us the fun will go on. I doubt there was ever a religion that didn't address death and what follows in its stead - it seems inextricably tied to religion's purpose. It's the ultimate panacea to what we all wish we could escape.

While I fear what the universe would mean if there weren't a great connection between all energies with mysteries only unfolded by time and dogged research, others fear that by not collapsing at the feet of _name_deity_here_ they may be forfeitting an eternity in heaven. Both are reactions to fear - just very different reactions. And nothing motivates humans beings as efficiently as fear. Especially fear of death.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
People have recommended this guy's comedy to me for some time now. Color me officially inspired!

I understand the spirit in which you say these things, but Wildtimes, your instincts tell you we are all connected. And I agree. However, we also share this fabulous planet with people who do not believe we are all connected - that some know "the way", that only some will be "saved", and that you must know the correct names. With that perceived lack of existing connection comes the freedom to judge. Everyone else becomes the "other".

I'm afraid the crux of it all is the fear of what happens following death. Were that no mystery at all, there would be no religion guiding us through our angst of a perceived post-mortem nothingness to reassure us the fun will go on. I doubt there was ever a religion that didn't address death and what follows in its stead - it seems inextricably tied to religion's purpose. It's the ultimate panacea to what we all wish we could escape.

While I fear what the universe would mean if there weren't a great connection between all energies with mysteries only unfolded by time and dogged research, others fear that by not collapsing at the feet of _name_deity_here_ they may be forfeitting an eternity in heaven. Both are reactions to fear - just very different reactions. And nothing motivates humans beings as efficiently as fear. Especially fear of death.

Poor god. Trying to help the ones who do not want to understand duality and behave and only hurt themselves in the end since he cannot have them at home with the extreamly sensitive loving ones. Sending sensitive souls to earth to fix this place where they corrupt themselves and are in disspair since they cannot feel the connection to home. Unfortuanly not all souls are ready to wake up. Some have a fear of looking themselves in the mirror and examining themselves. All will be saved in the end but some people will take a longer time to "get it" or at least the it they are supposed to understand in this life.

Why would you want to escape death? It is the ultimate release to the next stage in your development. But what will I be in my next life? Cat/dolphin/unspecified spirit creature that can examine all reality? Being human at this time seems a bit boring to me. A life as a pet geting food and playing around all day and getting petted for just being affectionate. Seem better than a nine to five life to me

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks, folks. I think it's very important for us (the species as we are now) to realize that we just don't know....and we take ourselves WAY too seriously.

I don't wish to hasten my death....(So much to learn! So little time!)....but all in all I don't fear it.

It's a very uncomfortable thing to think about -- which I think is the motivation behind ALL organized religion --- and we want to know. .... what does it entail?

These comedic takes on it give me hope, and the laughter makes me realize how much we need to just relax....

but, thanks again.

We'll all know, eventually. And, yeah, we're all connected. Not just humans, but the entire planet.

Peace, everyone. Namaste (I bow to your essence which is of the Divine).....
Love one another.

top topics

join