It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swore I would never post a RANT..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So, I just graduated college and spent the day 8-5pm looking for work. But that's another sad little story that isn't worthy of a rant. So, most places I've been looking into want me to submit an application online through their website. Fine.

So, after a long day of hitting the pavement in search of employment opportunity, I come home ready to get online and get started on a few of those applications.

My PC won't turn on. The power supply is shot. Why? Because we had a smart meter installed while I was out and it somehow affected my PC that was plugged into a surge protector.

Well, there's 50 dollars American I can't quite afford to throw away right now (bought a new power supply kit). I'm sure I'll be even more upset when I do some more research on these smart meters I've been hearing so much about.

Okay, I'm sure my rants could use some work. I'm going to call the power company tomorrow and complain for all the good it'll not do me.

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sorry about your bad day, don't let it discourage you. I hope you get a job and the $50 is soon pocket change

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
well I have about 5 power supplies that are not being used. I can send some to you. I can't put it in for you. You'll have to figure that out on your own. But, it is really easy to install. Just send me a PM if your interested. It will save you on some money too. Free of course.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

That's very thoughtful, but the damage is done and it's all fixed by now. Besides, I'm not sure I'm about to give my mailing address to someone known as "Manhater" even under the pretense of generosity haha.

I'm trying to figure out what these smart meters are all about now. I saw it on ATS before, but ignored it like a buffoon. Thank goodness for that search function ATS has given us but no one seems to use..

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
well I have about 5 power supplies that are not being used. I can send some to you. I can't put it in for you. You'll have to figure that out on your own. But, it is really easy to install. Just send me a PM if your interested. It will save you on some money too. Free of course.

I like your spirit dude.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by Manhater

That's very thoughtful, but the damage is done and it's all fixed by now. Besides, I'm not sure I'm about to give my mailing address to someone known as "Manhater" even under the pretense of generosity haha.

I'm trying to figure out what these smart meters are all about now. I saw it on ATS before, but ignored it like a buffoon. Thank goodness for that search function ATS has given us but no one seems to use..

wow, you went out and bought one, and fixed it in 30 mins from the start of this thread!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

No, I Rant'd after I fixed it. Does that devalue my rant in any way? I'm just mostly shocked that the smart meter installation (with the power being shut off and back on) was enough to kill my PC's power supply. Everything else on the surge protector came out okay including my 10 year old alarm clock.

And I guess irony was a factor: all ready to get some applications put down but it didn't happen.

Definitely, this is the most mild rant on ATS, eh? Sorry!

Edit: By the way..my PC was not functional until I put in the new part. So, I pretty much had to fix it before I could rant haha.
edit on 1-5-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thats why here in Australia we call smart meters dumb meters!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Your loss is my gain.

Least I know, I'll never go without power.

(Only if there is some major storm in the area, or some drunk buffoon decides to hit an electric pole)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by 4hero

No, I Rant'd after I fixed it. Does that devalue my rant in any way? I'm just mostly shocked that the smart meter installation (with the power being shut off and back on) was enough to kill my PC's power supply. Everything else on the surge protector came out okay including my 10 year old alarm clock.

And I guess irony was a factor: all ready to get some applications put down but it didn't happen.

Definitely, this is the most mild rant on ATS, eh? Sorry!

Edit: By the way..my PC was not functional until I put in the new part. So, I pretty much had to fix it before I could rant haha.
edit on 1-5-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

apologies, I missed you section in brackets saying you had bought one, I thought you had initially said there's $50 I cannot afford! My bad! Invisible brackets! Was just playing anyway! Just thought it was really quick to buy one and fix it. I also thought the rant was pre-purchase.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here in The USA we recently became the lucky recipients of smart meters out on the ranch. We had heard that they often cost you more money and produce outrageous amounts of EMF. We also heard that due to these problems you can choose to opt out of the smart meter program and much to my surprise you can!

Of course you then have to pay extra money for the person that has to come out and read it

I have had about enough. Taking my toys and business to Costa Rica soon.

new topics

top topics

join