It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Perfect For Observing 'Sheeple' In Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have known for a while that people for the most part do not think for themselves, and tend to just 'follow the herd' so to speak. People basically just observe common ways of thinking and acting around them, and then choose one or so to attempt to emulate. This has become more and more clear to me over time, and as I observe facebook, I realize that this is the perfect place for seeing this in action.

Observe how there are really only a few 'types' of people in your entire friends list, and everyone just falls into place in one of those categories. Watch how some new 'thing', or some new word or phrase, all the sudden starts popping up on facebook, and then all the sudden everyone's doing/saying it. Amazing how quickly people pick up on and copy this stuff. I realized the other day that if I were able to somehow hack into people's accounts and just make up some random phrase, and have them post with it, the rest would in all likelihood start saying it as well. lol. I just made a picture demonstrating this, so wanted to share that as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You should start a new saying, like a new variation of "lol", and see if you can get people to start saying it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So what are you gonna do about it if you see yourself as the Herdsman and everyone else as the Sheep?

Also - Facebook is a poor example because depending on the configuration - your Facebook could easily be comprised of all Herdsman and not a single sheep.

I think the Public Twitter Feed or Nightly News or the Readers Comments in the Newspaper would be a lot more accurate pulse to the mainstream. Not a User Configured, customizable social networking website.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhhhah bbaaahhhaaaaaaahhhhhabbbbbbbbahhhhh
aha there it is........ you nailed it!... I'd guess that the reason those things are\were developed is to track the lemmings "derpderpderpderp oooo cliff!!!!!!! hehehehehehe" but the worry is, is that they all think it's private, I have never thought any thing online is 'private' or 'anonymous;

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Good insight as to the flock on there. Ever watch the daytime game shows on CBS I'm guilty some times, most of them can't think for themselves either. Always fun to watch when they blow it.

There probably are a few thinking people on Facebook, most of them I think are social twits. Same for twitter. I don't Facebook (I do have an account there, but don't use it) or Tweet (ditto) for tweet. ( I reserve most of my free time for people who can still think for themselves no matter how some of there posts are, at least most of them aren't sheeple there's alot more thinkers here than I've seen over there,) here on ATS.

top topics

join