It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and the Triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I still have yet to talk to my mother, but I know there is reference about the great Crystal but I can't say where. But n-e-how heres what edgar cayce says on the matter.

By Edgar Cayce
In the modern Bermuda Triangle, on the ocean bottom where the ruins of Atlantis now exist, the energy build-up in the sunken and damaged Fire Crystals can periodically trigger de-materializations of anything in the area.

One of the most detailed descriptions of the Atlantean use of a mysterious instrument called the Great Crystal was given by Edgar Cayce, who mentioned it many times. The crystal, he said was housed in a special building oval in shape, with a dome that could be rolled back, exposing the Crystal to the light of the sun, moon and stars at the most favorable time.

The interior of the building was lined with non-conducting metal or stone, similar to asbestos or bakelite, a thermosetting plastic.

The Crystal itself, the Tuaoi Stone, or Firestone, was huge in size, cylindrical in length, and prismatic in shape, cut with six sides. Atop the crystal was a moveable capstone, used to both concentrate incoming rays of energy, and to direct currents to various parts of the Atlantean countryside.

It appears that the Crystal gathered solar, lunar, stellar, atmospheric and Earth energies as well as unknown elemental forces and concentrated these at a specific point, located between the top of the Crystal and the bottom of the capstone.

The energy was used for various purposes. In the beginning it was used as purely a spiritual tool by initiates who could handle the great energy. The early Atlanteans were peaceful people. As they developed more physical material bodies, they used the crystal to rejuvenate their bodies and were able to live hundreds of years while maintaining a youthful appearance.

Later the Great Crystal was put to other uses. Currents of energy were transmitted throughout the land, like radio waves, and powered by these, crafts and vehicles traversed the land, through the sky and under the sea at the speed of sound.

By utilization of other currents originating from the Great Crystal, the Atlanteans were also able to transmit over great distances the human voice, and pictures, like modern television. In the same manner, even heat and light could be directed to specific buildings or open arenas, giving illumination and warmth by seemingly invisible means

[edit on 28-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is more on Cayce.

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wouldnt like to work as a crystal turner, trying to focus on a couple of thousand houses at once

Personally I dont really trust the idea... It sounds like the magical solution to everything. Energy just isnt that easy to handle... Sure it can give us power to watch TV. But try to gain longevity by tuning into it and you'll end up in a pile of burning ashes. No talk about the recievers either, like those dont exists... Which once again make it appear the magical solution to everything, with little more explanation than being "energy".

Meh, maybe I'm just sceptical

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And skeptical you should be, as am I Merka.

But don't you think people thought the same way as you do about the crystal as they would have before electricity was controlled?

Now I am really curious as to where in the Bible this crystal is mentioned; I am not doubting that it is there, there are many things in the Bible that people don't believe are there but are, but I would like to be able to read it. I don't believe that anything is too magical or mystical or far fetched. The way our civilization has scientifically and technologically exploded in the past century makes it hard for me to say that something like this great crystal isn't possible within the next century, you never know.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistyrain316
By Edgar Cayce
In the modern Bermuda Triangle, on the ocean bottom where the ruins of Atlantis now exist, the energy build-up in the sunken and damaged Fire Crystals can periodically trigger de-materializations of anything in the area.

umm, yeah. sure Edgar. what exactly has been dematerializing? surely not the billions of gallons of water above them.

One of the most detailed descriptions of the Atlantean use of a mysterious instrument called the Great Crystal was given by Edgar Cayce, who mentioned it many times. The crystal, he said was housed in a special building oval in shape, with a dome that could be rolled back, exposing the Crystal to the light of the sun, moon and stars at the most favorable time.

detailed description? until we have something to back up, i'll call it one of the most detailed works of fiction.

The interior of the building was lined with non-conducting metal or stone, similar to asbestos or bakelite, a thermosetting plastic.

which Edgar has recovered a piece of....

The Crystal itself, the Tuaoi Stone, or Firestone, was huge in size, cylindrical in length, and prismatic in shape, cut with six sides. Atop the crystal was a moveable capstone, used to both concentrate incoming rays of energy, and to direct currents to various parts of the Atlantean countryside.

again, he must have used his underwater digicam. and lost the memory card.

It appears that the Crystal gathered solar, lunar, stellar, atmospheric and Earth energies as well as unknown elemental forces and concentrated these at a specific point, located between the top of the Crystal and the bottom of the capstone.

appears? who saw and/or recorded this?

The energy was used for various purposes. In the beginning it was used as purely a spiritual tool by initiates who could handle the great energy. The early Atlanteans were peaceful people. As they developed more physical material bodies, they used the crystal to rejuvenate their bodies and were able to live hundreds of years while maintaining a youthful appearance.

what exactly were their bodies when they weren't 'physical?' less... 'physical?'

Later the Great Crystal was put to other uses. Currents of energy were transmitted throughout the land, like radio waves, and powered by these, crafts and vehicles traversed the land, through the sky and under the sea at the speed of sound.

By utilization of other currents originating from the Great Crystal, the Atlanteans were also able to transmit over great distances the human voice, and pictures, like modern television. In the same manner, even heat and light could be directed to specific buildings or open arenas, giving illumination and warmth by seemingly invisible means

as was mentioned before, i'd like to know where all of the receivers went. unless Edgar keeps them in his garage. and that's not even considering the lack of facts backing up this technology in general.

keep chasing, keep chasing!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Are you unfamiliar with Edgar Cayce, aka 'The Sleeping Prophet'? He made predictions and 'channeled' 'spirits' or whatever. He'd go to sleep/meditation or whatever you want to call it, and people would record what he said. His most famous claim was that atlantis would rise again at such and such time. Then the first reports of the 'Bimini Roads' popped up around that time. Of course, since the 'bimini roads' are just beachrock, and show no signs of being man made, I guess there isn't much of a reason to think that thats a 'fufillment' of prophecy.

And, of course, none of this stuff is in Plato's description of atlantis. He doesn't talk about magic crystals, flying machines, energies, or anything. He presents the Atlanteans as being a powerful, civilized nation, commanding a large empire, and extensiviely trading with the nations it hadn't conquered. All this 'crystal' stuff is more modern, and I think a lot of it traces back to Blatvasky and the Theosophists.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A picture is worth a thousand words!

Crack pots!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The Terrible Crystal is in Ezekiel 1:22
I think aliens have always been here. Lots of stuff in the Bible talks about They who Came down. Sure say it was angels, but when speaking of angels they say angles. Ezekiels Wheel sounds a lot like a SPACE ship doesnt it.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I thought the bible was maybe talking about Atlantis, but that was before I re-read Ezekiel. Now I am leaning more towards that where Cacey said thats where it was

Bible says:

And the Likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I mean what is the terrible crystal they talk of it as if it was already mentioned, or that it was something that was known of at the time so no need for more explanation. I'll see if I can find any more and get back.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just don't understand how anyone can still even read cayce much less belive him, I mean he predicted the end of the world happening in 1997! 6 years afterwards the world is just fine.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is some more of crack pot cayce stuff

In his trance states he spoke of Atlantis as where man first developed civilization. Although this was similar to Donnelly, Cayce�s Atlantis was not the Sumerian type culture Donnelly had imagined. Caycean Atlantis was a vast super civilization with electromagnetic powered flying machines, lasers, power crystals, and devices which we cannot even understand.

Cayce�s �readings� blamed its eventual destruction on the misuse of these powers, much as many today believe nuclear power and genetic cloning are the seed whose misuse will eventually bring us down, and the survivors will retrogress to Mesolithic barbarism.
Some might even interpret Cayce�s readings as being prophetic since his readings of an unknown super civilization of the past remarkably describe our own society today. He describes forces and machinery that seem to parallel our own ideas of zero-point- energy.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not that I belive him I just find it interesting. And really I just always wondered what the Terrible Crystal is in the bible. It could have nothing at all to do with Atlantis and I am leaning toward it didn't. I just wonder what other people may interpret it as.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistyrain316
The Terrible Crystal is in Ezekiel 1:22

NIV Ezekil 1:20-24
20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome. 23 Under the expanse their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

NIV-UK

Ezekiel 1:22 :: New International Version - UK (NIV-UK)
Printer-Friendly Page Bookmark this Page
See this passage in AlbanianEnglishFran�aisDeutschItalianoLatinNorskPortuguesEspa�olSvenskaTagalogArabicNederlandsPlautdietschDanishSlovakPolishRussianRomanianCzechHungar ianIcelandicKoreanBulgarianChineseHaitianMaoriCroatianGreekSwahiliNIVNASBMSGAMPNLTKJVNLVHCSBESVCEVNKJVKJ21ASVWEYLTDARBYWYCNIRVNIV-UK
Previous chapter | This chapter | Next chapter

Ezekiel 1
22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome.

I cite this because 'terrible' needn't mean 'oh my god, run for your lives, its terrible'. I think that the latin root means something liek 'to stand up' I guess like in out of a crowd, to be 'awesome' and such.

This passage has nothing to do with anything like what cayce was talking about. Your understanding seems to be a misreading or something.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
By Edgar Cayce
"In the modern Bermuda Triangle, on the ocean bottom where the ruins of Atlantis now exist, the energy build-up in the sunken and damaged Fire Crystals can periodically trigger de-materializations of anything in the area."

That area is the largest methane deposits on earth. small quakes trigger the release of methane, tiny bubbles are created, and very large areas of the ocean become bubbling cauldrons. The ships in the area lose bouyancy and are sunk, very quickly. Tests in Universities have confirmed this is the cause of so many ships and planes going down in that area.

The Crystal capstone spoken of also is referred to the cover of the great pyramid in Cheops. There was a Giant crystal that sat atop the great pyramid and when the sun hit it just right there would be giant rainbow serpents displayed down the side of the pyramid. This is also why the Pyramid was covered in highly polished white limestone.

There was a "Mother" civilization that was probably destroyed 12-15,000 years ago. maybe atlantis, maybe not. But, we need to be carefull not to grasp at evidence without hard facts first.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Mentioned in Ezekiel 1:22 has nothing to do with Atlantis, Atlanteans, Bermuda, or illuminating sporting events for ancient civilizations.

The word translated "crystal," is I believe, "rakia" or firmament. "I could be wrong about this, I don't have my BHS handy. If it IS "rakia, that is the same word used in Genesis 1 for the "firmament," or sky. It refers to the sky above God's throne looking like a sheet of ice.

Ancient people believed that terror, awe, and dread, were not necesarilly evil or misplaced feelings. Those feelings were part of having respect for the monarch. (Ezekiel is looking at God seated on his throne in this passage.)

If you read the dedication of the King James Bible, you'll see it in this same attitude in the first line:

"Great and manifold were the blessings, most dread Sovereign, which Almighty God, the Father of all mercies, bestowed upon us the people of England, when first he sent Your Majesty's Royal Person to rule and reign over us. . . "

The Bible scholars were not insulting James by calling him "most dread Sovereign." On the contrary. They were showing proper manners. The latin term for this "dread" would be "Gravitas," as in serious, impressive, and being a "weighty" presence in a room.

So I would say that "terrible crystal" would best be rendered as "incredibly impressive expanse of ice." in this passage.

Even if it were an Atlantean crystal, what does this lone reference add to your knowledge of Atlantean energy systems. Nothing.

If read as I see it, it DOES say something about Ezekiel's attitude toward being in God's presence. Something that the Bible might be expected to describe for us.

The use of the word "terrible" demonstrates the Biblical feeling that fear or awe were proper emotions when observing God's incredible power:

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." (But not the end . . .)

[edit on 30-9-2004 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well I did mention that I thought at first it had something to do with Atlantis, but that s cause something my mother had said, after I read it I said that I didnt think it had anything to do with it. But I have been reading it more and my folks have two different versions of the bible here and I am finding many differences my dad's bible is from the late twenties (thats the one my mom reads) and she does have a bible of her own and it is much much newer. But thanks for clearin that stuff up

top topics

join