It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama embraces Islam: If Islamism is OK for Egypt, why not America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Boys and girls, the word of the day today is screwed. Can you say screwed? As in royally?
Apologies to the admins if this story is in the wrong category or already posted. I put it here as most were under the impression Barry was muslim anyway. IMO, this is just a way of saying heads up for what's next.

Washington Times

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Boys and girls, the word of the day today is screwed. Can you say screwed? As in royally?
Apologies to the admins if this story is in the wrong category or already posted. I put it here as most were under the impression Barry was muslim anyway. IMO, this is just a way of saying heads up for what's next.

Washington Times

I put it here as most were under the impression Barry was muslim anyway.

We were? News to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Agreed on screwed. We were very supportive and essentially rebuilt Germany and Japan in the early years. Fair enough that at some point, the hostilities must end and thinking will have to adapt to a peace so long past, we're moving into a Generation now to have not known America that way.

However...... I wonder if the President and Company might be kind enough to wait on the ticker tape on Islamism as a public virtue until *AFTER* the war is OVER??? No one was sending Germany aid checks while Hitler was commanding forces and U.S. troops were being shot at all over Western Europe. Peace is good...but let's not put the cart before the horse. (There is another comparison in there for World War II, carts without horses....and people who make really dumb statements...but I can't quite recall it.
)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Giving legitimacy to a group usually stops guerrilla tactics, as the people who hold power are able to take on legitimate corruptible positions in politics or other fields.

What is funny is that everyone says, "we will not negotiate with terrorists", but the US has been backing the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood in the ME, and case in point, Egypt (a progressive country) has a large amount of people who were against the extreme views of the brotherhood. (Although much of the criticism regards rhetoric and alleged actions of people connected to/influenced by the party)

Now, what does this mean for the average observer?

Same as always if you ask me. Just another show on the world stage. The world is giving Islam back to the ME, so they will take it in the bum just as Saudi Arabia has been doing for almost a century. If you can beat 'em, let 'em think they have some kind of victory and isolate their political strength through your allies.

We can't forget that at one time the US put Saddam in power. Or the absolute disaster in Iran which was more than one act. What's good for "right now" isn't always good for tomorrow, but it sure is good for right now...

ETA: To condense my point of view, I believe the newly gained power by Islam groups in the ME is only going to give them power over their own people as opposed to a global power with reaching tentacles. They will have influence with expats but a good chance that will be used for remittance to fund local issues. Whether or not that entails subversive tactics against Israel or allied countries in the are is left to be seen. But that also could be part of the plan...

edit on 30-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Egypt is also okay with defiling the corpses of your wife up to six hours after she past away just because they are okay with it doesn't make it right...

Psychopaths are okay with killing, doesn't make it okay in any ways...

I was going to say it was the most stupid comment I've ever heard from a politician but then I remember every time Bush JR talked...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I read the title, then I follow the link to a poorly written opinion piece that claims muslims can not have a democratic society because... welll no reason they just can not. The Muslim Brotherhood is the Republican Party of Egypt, conservative and religious with a right wing fringe that says all kinds of crazy #. Yet because they Muslim they are bad. Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Not to open a new debate or anything, but it's all in topic as your saying it. Would you have a link, by any chance, where I can see the positions and policies of the Muslim Brotherhood as the Political Organization they claim they are? I'll admit, I don't know enough about them in that specific a way to call what I THINK is right about that comparison. I might even be wrong, and the comparison is apt? Any solid source for just what the Muslim Brotherhood stands for from their official statements would work.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

Washington Times

I'm confused... what exactly is wrong with this?

I do understand that something like 1.3 Billion people on Earth are Islamic, also calculating to 22%.

I do understand that these countries in the Middle East are now attempting to promote and act democraticaly...

I do understand that they are not all the same, nor do they all believe in the same adherence to the words of the Qu'ran...

I do understand that there are different sects with different ideas as to how the texts in the Qu'ran are to be interpretated, such as the Sunnis, Shiites shia, Salafi, Ahmadiyya, Ibadi, Yazdânism, and so forth.

I do understand the difference between religious rule, and rule guided by religous dogma such as the US(well at least partially)...

What I do not understand, is how we are all screwed...

What I do not understand, is how it is 'royally'...

Barry is Muslim heh? Interesting... I hope someone takes the time to provide links and information as to defending why that statement is false. I personally don't care enough to try and prove otherwise, becuase I don't think his religion has anything to do with the current situation and his track record. People claim religious affiliations all the time, but that doesn't mean they practice what they preach, or that it is the defining factor as to what descisions they or he will make.

btw, my spell check is not working, I apologize for any mistakes and confusion...

Keep beating that bigoted war drum that you have, and allow for the most amazing war propaganda campaigning of all time control and dictate your perception of nearly 22% of the world. They all want to kill you, you are right(SARCASM).

You are no better now, than those in whom you support the killing of. This is, in fact, when your own dogma will abandon you. For your little hateful doctrine that has now defined the lenses in which you view others, have failed you. Sad... but yeah.... and no, I'm not speaking of dogma and doctrine in a theological sense.

screwed because they are Islam and the presidents supports it...
Barry is a mulsim, and that's something to look down upon him for, even if it's not true...
disgusting...

wow.

I know waaaay to many Muslims to ever pretend to believe some generalizing statements in regards to how they feel about anything, because in the end of the day... I have realized, THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Just like, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. There are just as many extremists in other Abrahamic religions and what not, just as Islam.

Get around these divisions that you are strengthening, and maybe it will become clearer that this was all a ploy..
It's called...

Divide and Conquer...

Guess who's Divided?
Guess who's to Conquer?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The Muslim Brotherhood is the Republican Party of Egypt, conservative and religious with a right wing fringe that says all kinds of crazy #. Yet because they Muslim they are bad. Brilliant.

Is he effing serious? of course he is

Yes people the Gop are flying planes into buildings,strapping suicide vests on people,stoning gays,beheading whoever they hate and telling liberals convert or die.

And of course the Gop is going around raping women and telling them they need 5 witness's to prove it and are trying to make laws making having sex with dead spouses legal.

What a load of garbage.
edit on 30-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The comparison he is making is they are both socially conservative political parties that are closely aligned with fringe religious movements.

Which is accurate.

Defend the GOP much?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

The comparison is

Straight up

BS

Everyone knows it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Indeed.... What can I say? You have a far more direct way of asking and saying roughly the same thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by neo96

The comparison he is making is they are both socially conservative political parties that are closely aligned with fringe religious movements.

Which is accurate.

Defend the GOP much?

It would be awesome if you could compile a short list of conservative politicians that are aligned with fringe religious movements... I'd like to know the accuracy of that statement, for I am unaware of such alignments.

Well, I guess I can't go as far to say 'unaware', but I would suggest that the strength that you are implying as to their relationships is over exagerated.

I'm not talking 'showing face' relationships, or just surface relationships for the means of gathering votes.... I'm talking, actual in depth participation in the inner workings of these 'fringe religious movements'. Also, what do you mean by fringe?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

sure:

here's one to start you on your path

www.texasobserver.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad The Muslim Brotherhood is the Republican Party of Egypt..

HUH?

I read lots of BS on ATS,but this is HILARIOUS..........

Care to give me a source,or link,to this? If not this is OPINION.

Their slogan is..........

"Islam is the solution."

Not Republican,Democrat,Heavens Gate,or any other made up slogan YOU want to put in its place. Simply put,they believe ISLAM will and shall Rule ALL. Islam is the Solution,to ALL their problems,and yours......

Get it?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

sure:

here's one to start you on your path

www.texasobserver.org...

For the moment, Perry’s relationship with the New Apostles is little known. Few in Texas GOP circles say they’ve ever heard of them. “I wish I could help you,” said Steve Munisteri, the state Republican Party chair. “I’ve never even heard of that movement.”

If you were to actually take in consideration anything written in that article that you presented, it would be clear that they approached Rick Perry, not the other way around. Just because he asked them to do a prayer for him, doesn't mean anything. Most politicians would ask the same, especially if they are infact religious themselves.

Why would Perry throw in with this crowd?

One possible answer is that he’s an opportunistic politician running for president who’s trying to get right, if not with Jesus, with a particular slice of the GOP base.

Perry himself may have the gift of foresight. He seems preternaturally capable of spotting The Next Big Thing and positioning himself as an authentic leader of grassroots movements before they overtake other politicians. Think of the prescient way he hitched his political future to the Tea Party. In 2009 Perry spoke at a Tax Day protest and infamously flirted with Texas secession. At the time it seemed crazy. In retrospect it seems brilliant.

Now, he’s made common cause with increasingly influential fundamentalists from the bleeding fringe of American Christianity at a time when the political influence of mainstream evangelicals seems to be fading.

Again, basically everything I was trying to state in my previous post. This is about showing face, trying to get votes, not an actually account of his religious affiliations. This does not define who he is, or his initiatives. He's not even an acting member with in the group.

So, how about another to start this 'path'?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
ok not trying to jump off topic but i have to ask a question....so we know the msm, tptb and, politicians constantly lie or tell us false truths. So my question is why is it so easy for people to believe all the political garbage they come up with if we know they are most likely lying or intentionally misquoting someone??? I only ask because i find it ironic that this kind of stuff ends up here.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

From the article:

No matter what the source of the delusion, no political movement that exalts the Koran can peaceably coexist with the concept of freedom

I actually agree with this statement. An islamic State cannot technically promote freedom and democracy because this would contradict the point of it being an islamic State. This is the same for any religious establishment in government. At one time certain state governments in the United States established laws where if you wanted to hold office, you needed to acknowledge the existence of a supreme being. Other State laws made homosexual relations in the bedroom illegal. Only, when it's muslims, we need to call them out for it, but any other religion being enforced through law? We to sweep this under the rug.

As for Obama embracing an Islamist extremist agenda because they support the Egyptian government? I suppose we can lump in the Bush administration for the billions upon billions they've sent to Pakistan, considering their harsh Islamic laws, or America's decades long relationship with Saudi Arabia with freedom burning islamic laws, I suppose we can lump all the other administrations in behind this agenda?

The American government will support any other government provided that government will work with American foreign policy, they don't give a damn about what freedoms that goverment may or may not give to their constituents. This is why we see Rumsfeld cheerfully shaking Saddam's hand in the 80's, it's all about political influence..... aside from support for Israel, we know there are evanglical lobbying to maintain that support.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The Muslim Brotherhood is the Republican Party of Egypt, conservative and religious with a right wing fringe that says all kinds of crazy #. Yet because they Muslim they are bad. Brilliant.

Is he effing serious? of course he is

Yes people the Gop are flying planes into buildings,strapping suicide vests on people,stoning gays,beheading whoever they hate and telling liberals convert or die.

And of course the Gop is going around raping women and telling them they need 5 witness's to prove it and are trying to make laws making having sex with dead spouses legal.

What a load of garbage.
edit on 30-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

So the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic Egyptian leadership is responsible for 9/11? Or can you just not tell the difference between brown people?

And do you really want to get into the evils of the Republican Party like certain segments of that party trying to legalize rape and take away rights from women?

www.dailykos.com...

More retarded hate from quasi-racist people who have no concept of the world outside of Fox News and paranoid political blogs.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GoLayDownNeo

Ummm... Wow.. It's been awhile since I've seen anyone use the DailyKOS as a source for much of anything at all. Can I use Al Jazeera to cite reports about the United States or Voice of America to reference stories about the inner working of Islamic nations? There are some times when sources matter a great deal, and it would seem to be the context setter here. Yikes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join