It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we try an experiment, in thought?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I've heard of this being done on a nation wide radio program and thought of everyone on ATS.

What I'm proposing is the collective mind ( or thought process of concentrating on a subject) to see if the subject will improve.

Now, I will introduce the subject who doesn't know of this request.

The subject is a Senior Citizen, the closest to a mother that I have. First let me give you some background. She had a falling out with her doctor because he wouldn't listen to the fact that her car broke down and she couldn't afford to get it repaired. He did nothing for her, himself, except the very basic blood pressure etc. and talk to her, he did not charge her anything, nor did he bill Medicare. Big of him right? She went two years without her meds. She fell in the apartment 3 weeks ago, scraped her arm pretty good and has been there ever since she has no broken bones and is trying to get better to come home.

They keep moving her from room to room and now she's got an jerk for a roommate. She's 80 years old has a hearing problem can't afford hearing aids, first new roommate who was wheeled into her room today, is already complaining about the T.V being loud. (No one else has had problems with it, before)

So call it collective mind experiment, good thoughts or prayers or whatever, would like to try this where she either gets a better roommate or comes home where she can relax. The people here on ATS are most open minded to things like this. Thanks for your help.
edit on 30-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 30-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
She's in the hospital? Take her out. It's her prerogative. If she's just recovering from a scrape up, then why does she need to stay?

Either way, she's got my well-wishes!
edit on 30-4-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My 76 year old father literally fell out of his chair at 7AM this morning while sitting at his computer and split open his head. I got the bleeding stopped, and called my brother to come over to help pick him up (he lives just up the street). I took him to the hospital, they cleaned up the wound, used "steri-strips' (butterfly stitches) to close the wound and we were home by 8:30.

Unless you mother is suffering from some other ailments, other than the scrapes, I don't really understand why she would still be in hospital, unless she is in need of care beyond what her family, or she herself can provide.

Regardless, my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your mom. Best of luck.

ETA: I refer to her as your mom, even though I understand she is not your biological mom, hope that is OK.
edit on 4/30/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am happy to pray for anyone. It is the most powerful thing I know of, and I have seen it work amazingly. I wish you and she the best.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm wishing you would buy a wee hearing aid for her.

Go on!

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on...

top topics

join