It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Plots Hatched by the FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Is cultivating potential terrorists really in the best interest of US National Security? It appears that many of the so-called “terrorist plots” here in US have been home grown.

THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.

But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.

This seems like entrapment to me. I want my family, my country and my fellow American’s to be as safe as possible but is THIS the way we do it? This seems very suspicious to me. Take this case for example:

When an Oregon college student, Mohamed Osman Mohamud, thought of using a car bomb to attack a festive Christmas-tree lighting ceremony in Portland, the F.B.I. provided a van loaded with six 55-gallon drums of “inert material,” harmless blasting caps, a detonator cord and a gallon of diesel fuel to make the van smell flammable. An undercover F.B.I. agent even did the driving, with Mr. Mohamud in the passenger seat. To trigger the bomb the student punched a number into a cellphone and got no boom, only a bust.

Was this kid really actively planning something or was he entrapped? Would he have planned and followed through without the assistance of the FBI? If not, was this simply a sly way of getting a suspected terrorist off the streets or maybe a way to make the DHS and other alphabet agencies (and of course the POTUS) look like they’re doing something? It seems that a false flag attack against US would be fairly simple with so many dimwits easily conned by the FBI and other departments.

This is a very interesting article if you have a few minutes.

What say you? Is this a patsy show or are the alphabets actually doing some legit work here?

edit on 30-4-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
well they sure did some dammage in Oklahoma City didnt they. Remember that. Back then I wanted to do some good and was thinking about enlisting into the National Guard or the Militia, I had chose the National guard and on my way back from my physical there it was on the news McVay had done his number. I made the right call.
Then comes Ruby Ridge and Wayco Texas....Seabag who knows, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and farts like a duck, yeah, its a duck, quack quack!!!

The Feds sure do seem to be getting funding based on results.
Hauntingly looking like 1938 Eastern Europe around here for sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

for some reason this is not embedding today, but this is Napolitano from fox news talking about this in October last year

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
For anyone who looked into the 1993 bombing of the WTC, this is exactly what happened then as well, the only difference is the FBI decided to use a real device which did blow up and caused the death of others.

Is it entrapment? I am not so sure. It is a bit of a gray area, but one thing is for sure. It is a dirty practice that is deeply flawed. Fact is on any given day you can find some idiot willing to do something stupid, but would they have the means or drive to do it if they were not supplied the materials?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Then comes Ruby Ridge and Wayco Texas....Seabag who knows, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and farts like a duck, yeah, its a duck, quack quack!!!

My sentiments exactly!

When was the last legit terrorist plot foiled? Has there ever been one?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
reply to post by seabag

for some reason this is not embedding today, but this is Napolitano from fox news talking about this in October last year

www.youtube.com...

The good judge was dead on once again.

The sad thing is that the latest case I highlighted from the article happened long after the report from Napolitano!

I think this subject deserves a lot more attention since 90% of American’s can’t define “false flag” when asked.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
For anyone who looked into the 1993 bombing of the WTC, this is exactly what happened then as well, the only difference is the FBI decided to use a real device which did blow up and caused the death of others.

Is it entrapment? I am not so sure. It is a bit of a gray area, but one thing is for sure. It is a dirty practice that is deeply flawed. Fact is on any given day you can find some idiot willing to do something stupid, but would they have the means or drive to do it if they were not supplied the materials?

Is it entrapment? I think it is, while entrapment itself is a grey area, you have to look at a few points. First, the FBI has some of the best profiler's in the world. Psychological profiling is one of the FBI specialties. Now consider, that the average person is a follower anyway, not very many people are leaders.

If you pick the right person to entrap and have an excellent speaker leading him, you can get people to do just about anything you would like. Look at what leaders like hitler were capable of just through speeches.

I would wonder if these people would have ever done anything of their own accord. I seriously doubt it! They had no funds, no resources even if they had wanted to. They certainly did not have the brains to pull it off even if they did. The FBI was leading them all by the hand in every case. In one of the cases the Op pointed out the FBI even had to drive the van! They couldn't even get that man to drive the van on his own!

I do not think they are stopping anything, because without their speeches and convincing, without their supposed resources and hand holding, these people would still be sitting at their home watching tv and nothing would have ever happened.

If they wanted to ANY group, even white Americans could be targeted in this fashion, it is just Muslims who are the target of the day, tomorrow it can be anyone, because in any group of people you can find those weak who you can "convince" of anything.

The best that can be said is they are trying to rid the country of weak minded individuals, and that is at the very best... who is going to be the weak-minded they wish to rid this country of next?

I would be against this kind of entrapment. I know entrapment is legal, but still, this is not the way to catch bad men! This is how you paint an entire group however you would like them painted.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag
My sentiments exactly! When was the last legit terrorist plot foiled? Has there ever been one?

I dont think so. the people the government want us to believe would blow crap up, would lay down there C-4 and pick up Baseball Hot Dogs Apple Pie and Chevrolet
think about it

edit on 30-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
One more dumb thought from me

It is something I have thought about actually. You know, if some fool walked up to me and offered me 25 thousand dollars to blow something up, I am going to take their money, and I am going to move. It does not cost but a couple of thousand at most to move...

I am not going to blow anything up! But you better believe I am getting that idiots money, I will turn him in anonymously after, but the money is mine!

I wonder, how many of these men they "entrapped" were thinking the same thing? They are people from poor countries, and this is a lot of money they were offered in some cases. I wonder if they were thinking of how far that would go for their families.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

One more dumb thought from me

It is something I have thought about actually. You know, if some fool walked up to me and offered me 25 thousand dollars to blow something up, I am going to take their money, and I am going to move. It does not cost but a couple of thousand at most to move...

I am not going to blow anything up! But you better believe I am getting that idiots money, I will turn him in anonymously after, but the money is mine!

I hear you…and I appreciate your contributions to the thread!

I wonder, how many of these men they "entrapped" were thinking the same thing? They are people from poor countries, and this is a lot of money they were offered in some cases. I wonder if they were thinking of how far that would go for their families.

Exactly! I think MOST if not ALL of these dudes were entrapped! Name the last LEGIT terrorist plot that was foiled? How the hell would we know if it WAS legit? That was my point…That’s why I think this subject needs more attention. If everyone was diligent and held reports of this nature to account then the ease with which false flags could be carried out would be minimized.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't buy most of these botched attempts. I think its just a way to convince the public that all these security measures are necessary and so they can increase them even more. Ultimately we are only left with less liberty and the illusion of security.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

I don't buy most of these botched attempts. I think its just a way to convince the public that all these security measures are necessary and so they can increase them even more. Ultimately we are only left with less liberty and the illusion of security.

Thank you! So I can put my tin foil hat away?

What you’ve described is at the crux matter. All of these steps taken over the past several decades have been an effort to usurp power from WE THE PEOPLE and erode the constraints set forth by the Constitution!

You said it best:

Ultimately we are only left with less liberty and the illusion of security.

We have so much potential for false flag scenarios that it’s almost inevitable that US will be sucked into a game-changing event. I think OWS could be another catalyst to bring about totalitarianism and/or One World Government.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is nothing new. I think the shoe bomber was part of a similar plot. Also Jared Loughner and Columbine as part of an MK Ultra program? What about the guy that went to DC and was given smoke bombs to blow up the WH by FBI?

Heres an idea, if anybody comes at you with a hair brained idea. Don't do it.

This is why the 2nd amendment has the right to bear arms to defend against tyranny and not to help create it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well, Rebellender hit it first, but my first thoughts on seeing the headline are Oklahoma City. I think the OKBomb case was the clearest example of a sting with real material where they lost track at the last moment or last couple days perhaps. I'm not buying the circumstances of who was apparently in town and just happened to be in from other offices on that particular morning.

Inside job? No.... Operation that went clear off the rails? That's been my take from almost the start. I doubt McVeigh ever even knew he was being played, since he actually blew the damn thing before they got the opportunity to lay the whammy on him. After that blew up, no one in their right mind who knew would ever want THAT blown operation to be a NYT headline.

I think part of what might really help to either put this crap to rest.....OR....understand the true threat if there is one, would be a public release of what attempted attacks have actually happened since 9/11. Who is this secret from or for?? The BAD GUYS obviously know what they've attempted and they know what went wrong. The Gov't doesn't have to say WHY it went wrong and no one is asking. Just tell the public each attack for what was intended and how it was stopped (i.e. Military / Police and general terms like that). If there really have been a lot of them, I'll have a whole different attitude.

edit on 1-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
This is nothing new. I think the shoe bomber was part of a similar plot. Also Jared Loughner and Columbine as part of an MK Ultra program? What about the guy that went to DC and was given smoke bombs to blow up the WH by FBI?

Heres an idea, if anybody comes at you with a hair brained idea. Don't do it.

Even the most recent case seems to have the FBI’s hands all over it!

Five people described as anarchists were arrested Monday in a Cleveland-area park for allegedly trying to blow up a bridge, sources tell Fox News.

The public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were inoperable and controlled by an undercover FBI employee, according to sources close to the investigation.
link

edit on 2-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yes plain and simple,

the 2 agencies that collect/investigate Terrorism,

are the very 2 agencies that train and orchestrate Terror... as sponsored by US military and owners of the 12 Federal Reserve banks (israeli fams).

FBI & CIA - imagine investigating the very crimes you perpetrate - on your own country? thats why CIA is 'independent' not a US agency.

oh, and America's NASA space program was created by Nazis, go figure.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

S&F

Nice op seabag. This thread is well overdue with all of the plots that have been thwarted... after being ushered along and instigated by federal agents themselves!

Here's a quick thread I posted, trying to highlight what your op exposes:

Ohio False-Flag To Stop 'Occupy'?

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The only crimes those pussies can solve are the one's they create!

The first priority of a bureaucracy is to grow the bureaucracy. They need more crime!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

The only crimes those pussies can solve are the one's they create!

The first priority of a bureaucracy is to grow the bureaucracy. They need more crime!

I think we’ve been seeing a lot of that lately; manufactured crimes.

I think we need a complete reset with the alphabet agencies. The sheer volume of bureaucracy and lack of oversight is what’s muddying the waters. We need to drop a few agencies and merge a few others. They need to be downsized and given specific, clearly defined responsibilities. The police state will never stop growing if we don’t change course.

new topics

top topics

join