It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well..since your all going straight to Hell one way ticket..which one fits you the most and why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

...You would make a very devious Satan...

But then you would be struck with a dilemma: as a tempter of sin, why on earth are you punishing the sinners?

Then you have to throw yourself into the fiery pits and have a timeout for 5,000 years of illogical reasoning and wasted effort.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Oh well... I don't wanna be any kind of Satan....!!
Those are just the ideas of what it would be for me personally....the guy is a sadistic jerk. I don't believe in him.

erm, uh...herpty derp....
Yeah.....not going there, in any case, though.

No
Way

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually it does say that.

Essentially, the ten commandments ask that you not be human. And that's why Christianity is doomed to fail. No matter how hard you try, you cannot succeed in denying your human nature.

Speak for yourself. With the help of the Holy Spirit you can keep all 10 commandments. love God with all your heart, and mind, and treat all your neighbors as you'd want them to treat you. The only two commands Jesus gave.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually it does say that.

Essentially, the ten commandments ask that you not be human. And that's why Christianity is doomed to fail. No matter how hard you try, you cannot succeed in denying your human nature.

Speak for yourself. With the help of the Holy Spirit you can keep all 10 commandments. love God with all your heart, and mind, and treat all your neighbors as you'd want them to treat you. The only two commands Jesus gave.

That may be so but... The spirit of the law is an unachieveable goal to aim for. In our humanity we can never be god.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

We aren't asked to be God, we're just instructed to love. To forgive everyone. Love isn't that hard. If you wouldn't like someone to do something to you, don't do it to them. His yoke is easy, and His burden is light.

edit on 4-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

We aren't asked to be God, we're just instructed to love. To forgive everyone. Love isn't that hard. If you wouldn't like someone to do something to you, don't do it to them.

You are right of course and I'm to tired to carry an arguement that I will ultimately lose.

Sorry... Most people (Christians) arn't well versed in Philosophy and Christian Theology... Clearly you are.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

sin is anything that is against life, that is antichrist...

To me "sin" is just another word us humans have put our own individual meanings in. I look at sin as to "miss the mark" or miss the point. Again that is just my opinion.

I see religion as a gift from God so we can learn to eventually come together and quit fighting over what God is the true God and embrace our shared humanity. It is in our nature as humans to label the world around us. The problem becomes when we mistake naming something for understanding what we have named.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join