It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well..since your all going straight to Hell one way ticket..which one fits you the most and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

We will always sin one way or another as long as we
are in this fleshly body! The difference is recognizing the
sin,repenting and asking forgiveness for it!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
God is love and his son Jesus will give you true love and wisdom...

Jesus will lead one thru the darkness

Is there a date or a specific time when this will happen?

When the knee bows and the tongue confesses.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The 7 "deadly sins" are a Roman Catholic invention designed to keep the peasants in the Dark Ages in the fields working, and giving all their money and crops to the feudal lords and the R.C.C. If being slothful was a sin than every disabled person on the planet who is lame and cannot work would be headed to hell. I am sorry but no, This is not what Yeshua commanded. Yeshua commands we give mercy and love our enemies as we love our friends and neighbors and self, our works are to be labors of love not sacrifice. The pharisees called Yeshua (Jesus Christ) a glutton and a drunkard. If the R.C.C. wanted to put a real "deadly" sin in there they would have added alcoholism because getting drunk is forbidden to christians yet they do not seem to have a problem doing it and doing it often
. Hard to be filled with the Holy Spirit when you're filled with different spirits already.

Greed and lust are bad for you, not just your own physical and mental health but your spirit as well, so is alcoholism for obvious reasons like, cirrhosis of the liver, and fatal car accidents that kill innocent people by indulging in irresponsibility.
edit on 1-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think Hell is actually on Earth right now.

For me...either lust or sloth. I am a slothful (lazy) person a lot of times, but I have an insane lust for understanding of the universe, where it comes from, what design it follows, what our part is in that design, and how I can best serve that cause.

But considering I have burned the Bible twice and excreted upon the ashes...well, I'd say none of the sins covers that. That goes above and beyond, right up to spitting in the face of the Christian god and giving him the middle finger.

If there is a Hell, and it isn't on earth, and I'm not there yet...I've already purchased a one-way ticket straight to the gates. And really, it's a matter of saying, "I'd rather suffer with the damned than sing with the ignorant." No regrets in burning that book, my friends. None at all.

True story.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh...well, if that's a lie, then the rest must be too, considering the sins are in the Bible.

Guess I burned a book of lies. Nothing to worry about. Darn, and I was so looking forward to that crazy ride to the underworld...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again; "if hell exists, we're all residents".
edit on 1-5-2012 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.

Guilty of all of these sins, enjoying the gift of life. Not a sin if you keep it in balance.

If you read the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the truly despicable sins are indifference, greed, arrogance, and hypocrisy.

"Hypocrisy is the door through which all evil marches."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Do you realize if you believe in Judaism and or Christianity teachings you have to be able to in your heart give up everything on this planet in order to be forgiven? No lusts nor wants of anything. It's what, thou shall have no other gods before me, means.

You can fall short of the glory, but you still have to be willing to give up everything you desire.

I just thought I'd share.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I can see gluttony if your consumption hurts others or your consumption denies others their share. I say replace gluttony with complacency. It seems like a bigger sin to me. Ohhh wait only the church has the right to re-wright this stuff. My bad.

So does this refer to the> 'look, but dont touch'...'Touch but dont Taste' aspect of this gluttony?

I think that poster means "rewrite," and any church has the right to change interpretations.

I believe also the poster means that gorging on apathy is a type of gluttony commonly referred to as laziness or even cowardliness.

I can't be accused of that though. I have put my liberty on the line for liberty. Not fighting foreign wars for big oil, but standing up in court for the sake of liberty.

Have either of you done that?

How about you, LastProphet527?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Do you realize if you believe in Judaism and or Christianity teachings you have to be able to in your heart give up everything on this planet in order to be forgiven? No lusts nor wants of anything. It's what, thou shall have no other gods before me, means.

You can fall short of the glory, but you still have to be willing to give up everything you desire.

There is nothing in the Bible that says that. Jesus wanted the rich man to give up his possessions because his money was his idol.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

it is quite possible we are in Hell already?

Not only possible, but highly probable, I would say. I work in Retail myself, and live at Hell Central South. You?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Oh...well, if that's a lie, then the rest must be too, considering the sins are in the Bible.

Guess I burned a book of lies. Nothing to worry about. Darn, and I was so looking forward to that crazy ride to the underworld...

No it's called going back to texts that are older than the R.C.C. to find the truth. Something you wouldn't know alot about.

The Septuagint and Textus Receptus are older than the R.C.C.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If we die right now, good or bad we all go to Sheol/Hades, but we are not burning and alive, we are just sleeping in death as Jesus taught, awaiting resurrection just like Lazarus.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

There is nothing in the Bible that says that. Jesus wanted the rich man to give up his possessions because his money was his idol.

What do you think is the lesson being taught in that? Why is it in the NT? Don't you believe it applies to everyone?

What about the story of Abraham and his son Isaac in the OT? What do you think is the lesson being taught in that? Why is it in the OT? Don't you believe it applies to everyone?

"Thou shall have no other gods before me." is the answer. Nothing on Earth can mean more than God; not a person place or thing.

God was willing to give up his only begotten son, the most precious, for man. It's expected that man is willing to show the same level of love and commitment.

Why did God say before the NT that one had to sacrifice the best livestock and burn the offering? Because such offerings were the most precious, and to make sure nothing could be used after the sacrifice.

The show of being able to give up what is most precious is what allows a person to be forgiven in the eyes of God. Otherwise its all just words and ceremony.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hypothetically; for what I've said in my life: Hell. For what I've done: Purgatory, yeah I was raised a R.C. but am now an Atheist, so purgatory is on this hypothetical list for that reason.

Just to be clear. I, in no way 'believe' in the existence of Hell/Heaven/Purgatory or their counterparts in other religions. Just playing along, while trying to see where it is I would go if these places existed, while trying to remain nonjudgmental because I'm thinking about ME.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh I'm absolutely 'Wrath-Anger' and I'm not proud of it.

I'm very passive usually and very forgiving but if someone intentionally crosses me I'm like The Hulk and you certainly wouldn't like me when I'm angry... never physical though, just imense anger that I try to avoid because I scare myself.

I have to say though, it's very very rare... only for 3 occassions now in my entire life have I 'blown up' but thankfully I'm getting mellow in my old age lol, I'm finding it easier to let things go and just think 'to hell with it, it isn't worth it'

Just my 2 pennies worth... wanna fight about it?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually it does say that.

Essentially, the ten commandments ask that you not be human. And that's why Christianity is doomed to fail. No matter how hard you try, you cannot succeed in denying your human nature.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Apparently this guy thought so..

In 1872, the beating of a man's bare feet was described in an article entitled "Terrible Punishments: The Russian Knout and Turkish Bastinado: How the Punishments are Inflicted." The author, while explaining the intense pain caused by whipping, writes "I have heard men cry out in agony...but I never heard such heart-rending sounds as those from the poor bastinadoed wretch before me. Such is the bastinado. And of the intensiveness of the agony which its infliction produces, one has only to think of the congeries or plexus of delicate nerves which have their terminus in the feet. Even tickling the soles of the feet has often produced death; what then must be the excruciating pain when cruel violence is done to those most sensitive members?

To be fair I don't fancy having salt put on my feet and licked by a goat..
I've probably just jinxed myself, I'll probably wake up in hell and be greeted by a smiley demon and goat now.
TADAAAAA!!!

As far as OP's question goes, he can probably put me down for a bit of everything and a lot of some.
Think I better toughen my feet up.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Thread reminds me of this old joke..
A man dies and goes to hell. Satan greets him, shows him three doors, and says, "You must spend the rest of eternity in one of the rooms behind these doors. Look in each one and decide which one you want."

The man opens the first door, and sees a bunch of people standing on their heads on a wooden floor, looking very uncomfortable. He opens the second door, and sees a bunch of people standing on their heads on a concrete floor, looking even more uncomfortable. Finally, he opens the third door, and sees a bunch of people standing around chatting and drinking coffee, up to their knees in #.

"Hmmm," he says, "that looks bad, but it's better than the other two. I'll take the third door." Satan smiles and shows him in.

Ten minutes later Satan walks back into the room and says, "Alright, coffee break's over, everyone back on your heads!"

edit on 3-5-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Why ask forgiveness? Why not just prevent it?

Forgiveness is the loophole of one who plans to sin repeatedly. Prevention is the plan of one who stops sin instead of seeking to excuse it.

Hence, Christianity is flawed. You have already accepted sin, so you continue to sin and ask forgiveness, even knowing that next week you'll be back at confession for doing the same thing somewhere else.

Where is the logic in this?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Finally, he opens the third door, and sees a bunch of people standing around chatting and drinking coffee, up to their knees in #.

LOL!! In my version....the coffee is cold, they have to pee and poop, they're vomiting, and they're all suffering from poison ivy. I've thought it through.

Yikes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join