It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live on the West Coast of N. America. What do I do about radiation?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have learned one thing. ATS' pseudo-aliens won't help

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I live on the west coast and I have added Bentonite Clay to my diet It will help remove radiation from your digestive tract. I've been doing it regularly a couple times a week since the accident and I also use Chlorella which helps remove heavy metals and radiation. Chlorella can travel through the whole blood stream so it is very good to use. AND I now eat Goji berries every day.

The goal is to constantly remove any particles that I may come across and to keep a well balanced PH level so my immune system will be strong. Cancers have a difficult time surviving in a well balanced PH body. So I've read anyway...

Learn and adapt. Altering your diet is something that you can control and monitor. Go to the doctor annually or every six months and get checked out too. We live in a radioactive world, whether the radiation levels are low, or high or fluctuate that's just the way it is now.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I too live on the West Coast.
Last year research and tips yielded that,
-Change clothes when coming in from the outside, especially in a really coastal area(nearer the shore) wear a hat.
-Antioxidants, as they reduce the cell damage/free radicals from radiation.
-As others have mentioned the use of Potassium Iodide/ Iodide.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by stanguilles7

it's not really a coastal thing so much as it's a hot spot related thing and seems to be determined by prevailing winds. there are places in the US and UK that are hotter than Cali so don't sweat the details on that. if you're concerned do some research and keep some eyes on these threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

dont make decisions based on fear, that's much more dangerous to you than current rad levels. learn about it, stay informed and make educated decisions.

edit on 30-4-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

According to Lauren Moret, and the research they have conducted for years, its a rain fallout thing. Seattle, the Fraser Valley where I live, and Hawaii, which wasn't supposed to be so inundated hot spots.

Apparently the west coast should have been evacuated.

It's no coincidence just before the big fallout hit in early April, that the BC government moved its testing to Kamploops, interior, very low yearly precipiation.

I want to head back home to the interior myself, but don't have the ability currently.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

it's not really a coastal thing so much as it's a hot spot related thing and seems to be determined by prevailing winds. there are places in the US and UK that are hotter than Cali so don't sweat the details on that. if you're concerned do some research and keep some eyes on these threads.

dont make decisions based on fear, that's much more dangerous to you than current rad levels. learn about it, stay informed and make educated decisions.

edit on 30-4-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

According to Lauren Moret, and the research they have conducted for years, its a rain fallout thing. Seattle, the Fraser Valley where I live, and Hawaii, which wasn't supposed to be so inundated hot spots.

Apparently the west coast should have been evacuated.

It's no coincidence just before the big fallout hit in early April, that the BC government moved its testing to Kamploops, interior, very low yearly precipiation.

I want to head back home to the interior myself, but don't have the ability currently.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

it's definitely in the rain more than anything. i take readings everyday and background at my home in Pennsylvania is normally 20-35 CPM and a couple weeks ago i got 150 CPM from a rain swipe off of my truck. we have a front moving through tomorrow and i'm anxious to see what the swipes tell me on this one.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Thank you for all your replies.

I'll look into the clay you speak of. My understanding of the iodine is most healthy adults have enough in their system already, and taking extra can actually be harmful?

Definitely been changing the diet a lot lately, back to a more vegan based diet, just to ensure things are moving through me quickly.

If anyone knows of any good blogs, links to people doing monitoring in different parts of the west coast, that'd be great. I get poured on almost every day where i live so i know if it's in the rain, i'm pretty much saturated. I'm interested in buying a Geiger counter for myself, but a still a bit overwhelmed in terms of information. IT'd be great to document these numbers, though. Seems like there arent too many people doing that right now.

Sigh.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You may want to check this web site out radiationnetwork.com... I live in Whatcom County and check it frequently. Currently the level is fairly low. Good luck. BD6

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDuke6

You may want to check this web site out radiationnetwork.com... I live in Whatcom County and check it frequently. Currently the level is fairly low. Good luck. BD6

Is that site reliable?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

As far as I know it is, it is done by individual citizen stations all over the US and Canada then uploaded to this site.In other words no Gov. tampering with the numbers as far as I can guess.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Take spirulina and chlorella daily. It helps flush radioisotopes from the body. It was used after Chernobyl to good effect. Other than that, Check your food sources. Nothing from the pacific, and, I'd be wary of anything from gulf of Mexico too(all that corexit from the BP cleanup). I lived in Los Angeles for almost 18 years. Was there when Fukushima happened. Before I started reading all the alternate blogs, before I knew it was much worse than we were being told, I had a very clear "vision" of myself inhaling a radioactive particle,an internal emitter. About 6 months after that, I got a "flu" unlike any I'd ever had in my life.

I moved back to NY. I'm here now. Not planning on going back if I can help it.

edit on 27-5-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No question that the west coast of not just the USA but much of North America is now getting hit with the garbage washed away from Japan (a truly huge amount). The good news is not that much is going to affect food, unless grown in Japan, and there bending over backwards to make sure there exports of food is safe. Their economy depends on that, money is always a big motivator. Still...

For those in North America the big threat though not huge is by rain (fallout) with radioactive debris. The bad news is its impossible to tell which is which without a Geiger counter, and even that only picks up ionizing radiation. But thats a real good place to start. (the other "stuff" are toxic materials, metals and assorted gunk thats still bad for you but is not going to be carried by the air). Our weather goes from west to east as the crow fly's by the way. Thats not new.

First, hammer your local officials to take rad readings. My feeling is if they do and find something, they are more worried about a panic (just like the UFO issue) then telling the people the truth. Fact is with the proper information there is a lot that can be done, with the radiation thing at least, UFO's we can do nothing about. Thats not a joke.

Since food grown in Canada and the USA is not grown in a hot zone, that makes a difference because a seed planted in hot soil affects the plant beyond just the rad count. Food grown in place's like Mexico are also often dosed with very toxic chemicals never used or long since banned in Canada, USA, and most of Europe. As always a few things you should do anyway.

1. Wash your fruits and vegetables and do it well, DO NOT USE SOAP, thats just another chemical you don't want to ingest. Use a clean wash rag and then rinse again and dry it well with a clean towel or cloth. This goes a long way, and also gets the crap (literally) and chemicals off your food.

2. Taking potassium iodine would only help if your exposed to radiation and must ONLY be given to children or people with a thyroid condition if needed. Its usually harmless enough, but you can't be on it forever. Also it won't protect you from everything but its comforting to "have a pill" that at least deals with one aspect of the problem you actually have some control over.

3. Get yourself a Geiger counter and don't wait for TPTB to get their act together. Or if you live in a community, you can get one and share it among your neighbors, church, club, or where you work. Since not everyone has spare change and though there not expensive, its one way to have everyone pitch in what they can and then share it.

4. Then test your food before you even wash it. Thats one way to see if wherever that food came from you have a problem, or not. Yes its a hassle, but you want the alternative?

PS: If you do get a Geiger counter, buy it from a reputable supply house, store, etc. Not Joe the plumbers hand made one no matter how good a "deal" it is. It's hardly a deal if its the guts out of Joe's spare remote control. Anyone can built something and make it go tick tick tick...
edit on 27/5/12 by arbiture because: added last line

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
in a response to "amongus" op called "surviving fukushima" i posted some links and suggestions for radiation mitigation techniques, but it was completely disregarded because everyone here wants nothing but doom, they dont care to do things like eat lower on the food chain and change their habits... but if you want to start taking precautions check it out. If you have kids its especially important to start mitigating for their sake, as they are more vulnerable to cell destruction.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
As the title says...

Moving is not much of an option. I have to eat food. I work outside in the rain. What actual options do I have beyond the suggestion of 'iodine'?

We're not eating ANYTHING out of the Pacific. We've recently stopped eating local meat and dairy. Cant really stop eating vegetables, too.

Suggestions? Are we all just being zapped and there's nothing to be done?

Sorry, stanguilles, it's too late now. You and your children are probably going to die a slow and rather painful radiation death. It's a shame you didn't care enough to move when you could.

Unless, of course, you didn't move because deep down you know how ridiculous that would be since all the chicken littles in this forum are blowing everything so incredibly out of proportion and you're not in any real danger. But, it would take a level head to reach that conclusion.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speakeasy1981

Originally posted by stanguilles7
As the title says...

Moving is not much of an option. I have to eat food. I work outside in the rain. What actual options do I have beyond the suggestion of 'iodine'?

We're not eating ANYTHING out of the Pacific. We've recently stopped eating local meat and dairy. Cant really stop eating vegetables, too.

Suggestions? Are we all just being zapped and there's nothing to be done?

Sorry, stanguilles, it's too late now. You and your children are probably going to die a slow and rather painful radiation death. It's a shame you didn't care enough to move when you could.

Unless, of course, you didn't move because deep down you know how ridiculous that would be since all the chicken littles in this forum are blowing everything so incredibly out of proportion and you're not in any real danger. But, it would take a level head to reach that conclusion.

Well, it takes a few years for the cancer clusters to appear. Let's check in then, and we'll see if you're quite so sarcastic and condescending ^^

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
Well, it takes a few years for the cancer clusters to appear. Let's check in then, and we'll see if you're quite so sarcastic and condescending ^^

Well, then, in a few years, he and his children will start dying a slow and painful death, wasting away to nothingness. It's going to be tough looking into his dying childrens' eyes, knowing that he could have done something to prevent such a terrible fate, but chose not to. Obviously, since everyone else on the coast is going to be suffering the same awful, slow, end, there won't be enough medical staff around to alleviate everyone's pain (especially since most of the medical staff will be dying, as well). I do not envy the OP or his family, their hellish fate is sealed. Right?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well, then, in a few years, he and his children will start dying a slow and painful death, wasting away to nothingness. It's going to be tough looking into his dying childrens' eyes, knowing that he could have done something to prevent such a terrible fate, but chose not to. Obviously, since everyone else on the coast is going to be suffering the same awful, slow, end, there won't be enough medical staff around to alleviate everyone's pain (especially since most of the medical staff will be dying, as well). I do not envy the OP or his family, their hellish fate is sealed. Right?

OK *shrug. enenews.com... -barrier-of-animals

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Haha, seriously? The only way to avoid this extinction level event is to just not eat a specific kind of expensive tuna? Oh, no! The world is about to end!

I'd also like to point out that Robert Alvarez, the guy who wrote that article, is a total sham. He's not educated on the matter (he flunked out of college where he took "musical studies") and his position at the Department of Energy was politically appointed. He was married to a known anti-nuclear activist and lost his job at the DoE after his daughter turned him into police for having a commercial pot growing operation in his house. But, hey, he's telling you want you want to hear, so who cares if he's credible?

You guys are trying to have it both ways. You want to scream about how the sky is falling and everyone is doomed, but then you don't want to seem like jerks when someone actually concerned comes along.

"Everyone is gonna die, this is the end, repent!"
"What should I do to protect my family?!"
"Don't eat tuna. A music studies college drop out pot head told me!"

Do you not see how funny this is?

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Apparently that about of radiation won't kill you. As a matter of fact, radioactive Cesium is used to cure some diseases.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Haha, seriously? The only way to avoid this extinction level event is to just not eat a specific kind of expensive tuna? Oh, no! The world is about to end!

I'd also like to point out that Robert Alvarez, the guy who wrote that article, is a total sham. He's not educated on the matter (he flunked out of college where he took "musical studies") and his position at the Department of Energy was politically appointed. He was married to a known anti-nuclear activist and lost his job at the DoE after his daughter turned him into police for having a commercial pot growing operation in his house. But, hey, he's telling you want you want to hear, so who cares if he's credible?

You guys are trying to have it both ways. You want to scream about how the sky is falling and everyone is doomed, but then you don't want to seem like jerks when someone actually concerned comes along.

"Everyone is gonna die, this is the end, repent!"
"What should I do to protect my family?!"
"Don't eat tuna. A music studies college drop out pot head told me!"

Do you not see how funny this is?

Cool. enenews.com... -been-ignored-daringly-tried-to-tell-city-administration

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

Well, heart beat still, a "city council member" says there's radiation around a nuclear power plant that practically blew up last year. EXTINCTION LEVEL EVENT!!! Everyone put on their panic pants and board the over reaction express! Sorry west coast of the US, you're screwed.

Got anyone besides a college dropout felon and a city council member (who suspiciously only appears on anti-nuclear websites)? Cause if he's anything like the city council members where I'm from...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join