It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would UFO's be disk shaped?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I know that there are a lot of different shapes and sizes of UFO's reported , but the lajority being disks. Now , i believe whole heartedly there is "something" or "someone" out there and that they "could" be visiting us not so discreetly . but what i am wondering is .. Is a disk or saucer shape, actually a practical shape for a UFO and the speeds it needs to reach to visit us. Wouldnt a sharp or pointed shape be more feasible? what are your thoughts?
edit on 30-4-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: typo

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just a thought.

If directional propulsion is not a concern, a disc would allow you to change directions rapidly if you had the ability to mitigate g-force, while reducing wind resistance perhaps?

actually I am more surprised everything is not a ball, if there is no need for lift, pitch and yaw, than a ball I would assume would work well...
edit on 30-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The whole disc shaped thing started after a few witnesses saw something that they said resembled a disc or a ''flying saucer'' and thats,from what i've read,where the whole disc shaped UFO thing came from.

I've heard that a triangular shape is better suited for the abilities of such a craft though.
edit on 30/4/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A disc shaped vehicle would be very strong and of course there would be very little drag. It's also a shape that can look very different depending on the angle you're looking at it from, so the classic disc can also easily be a sphere, football, cigar, again depending on the viewing angle.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think that ufos could come in a variety of shapes and sizes especially with the technology that it would take for them to be interstellar or interplanetary I don't think the shape would make to much of a difference. However, i think that the shape of a saucer would be beneficial because what ever direction its going it has the same surface in the front regardless if its the rear, side leading the craft. Just my thought

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
two words

Warp bubble

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yes I prefer my spacecraft cabbage-shaped.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
two words

Warp bubble

lol sorry but wanna add a couple more words there plz.. haha

and most of you are thinking the same as i am , that a sphere or pointed arrow or triangle would be better but like one of you said about making turns, a pointed craft wouldn't be able to make very very sharp manoeuvres. i dont think .. "|

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

Well, this probably goes against the norm, but since when did the norm amount to good times..?

When you go to the lake to skip rocks across the surface, you choose one that is somewhat flat, circular, and of decent weight...maybe they are shaped like that so they skip across the Universe's time/space folds.

Maybe those circular pictographs found in a plethora of caves aren't emulating ufos or dish ware, but rather their fondness for skipping rocks.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO Partisan

A disc shaped vehicle would be very strong and of course there would be very little drag.
If space is a vacuum, there is no drag.

BUT, on the other hand..........

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Is a disk or saucer shape, actually a practical shape for a UFO and the speeds it needs to reach to visit us. Wouldnt a sharp or pointed shape be more feasible?
IF there truly are disk shaped crafts of an extra-terrestrial origin, visiting us down here near Earth's surface, that doesn't necessarily mean that they always looked that way.

Maybe they actually did have points, and maybe even a few 'arms' sticking out in different directions, and maybe they burnt off upon entering into our atmosphere.

Also, might wanna keep in mind that the atmosphere they originally left from, could be something far beyond what we could even imagine.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think its all about warping the space time around your vehicle. There are physical limitations of moving a vehicle through our 3-dimensional space; If you're able to warp the space time fabric around yourself, then you will be able to move at incredible speeds and make break-neck turns to the observer in the 3-dimensional space. From your vantage point, you would be standing still.

This guy has some interesting things to say...take it with a grain of salt:

UFO Technology Discussion Video
edit on 30-4-2012 by Zoatrope because: The youtube embedding is broken...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The disk seems to be most agile and workable and pilots like it.
The example is the Rex Heflin ship that skimmed along over telephone pole tops.
The only high obstacle along the desert roads that a ship flying low to avoid radar might take.
Perhaps the earliest and most produced model.

Round because a large spiral of copper forces the ship up.
This spiral is in every ship even the triangle and wing models.
The cigar should have a difference wave generator having a spiral at front and back.
ED: The Oval ship Zamora witnessed land and takeoff also flew 150 feet or so
above the desert floor.

edit on 5/1/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
What I wonder is, why not other shapes?

Yes, there's cigars, shields, triangles, acorns, walnuts, rhomboid, spheres, eggs, donuts, chevrons, starfish shapes, and even 2001 monolith shapes reported.

The myriad shapes seem almost arbitrary to imagination with little or no concern or regard in some cases for what we consider in regard to aerodynamics.

Why not then something more fanciful like depictions of animals, plants, or abstract geometries?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
They're disk shaped because blurry things tend to be discoidal.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Wewillnotcomply666, that's an interesting question (to which I don't know the answer to) but John McCampbell makes some relevant points here about disc shaped objects and 'axial symmetry in the vertical direction', Professor Charles Maney also makes a few good points in this chapter about 'Saucers and Science' although you're not wrong about there being a lot of different UFO shapes and sizes reported.

Originally posted by Viking9019
The whole disc shaped thing started after a few witnesses saw something that they said resembled a disc or a ''flying saucer''..

Yes, considering they're not meant to exist, flying discs do seem to pop up quite a bit in government documentation.

Silver rotating UFO over US Atomic facility

Flying discs over Hanford Nuclear plant

Flying disc over Topcliffe

Circular objects over Langley AFB

Rotating saucer shaped object over Georgia

Maxwell AFB Emergency Report - Flying Saucer

Disc shaped object over Minot AFB - 1966

Flying disc over Chicago's O Hare airport - 1952

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
actually I am more surprised everything is not a ball, if there is no need for lift, pitch and yaw, than a ball I would assume would work well..

Yes a sphere would work but a lens shaped (side view) disk would work better...

I am sure this thread will soon be filled with all kinds of weird ideas... but as you mentioned the sphere....

In high school physics they use a copper sphere and place a charge on it... this sphere has a hole in it to allow entry of a pith ball on a string also charged. When you bring the charged pith ball close to the charged sphere it will attract or repel depending on the charge

However if you place the pith ball inside the hole, there is NO EFFECT on the inside as the internal charge cancels out. This holds true of ant symetrical object (with certain qualifications) In the case of a lens shape... the internal effect is cancelled out still but the external effect is that the field or charge on the hull is intensified at the rim.

Now just extrapolate that info

Why are real UFO's blurry? Well the energy filed creating the charge on the hull would scatter light thus make it blurry... a feature we are currently using on our stealth planes using plasma charges on the hulls

At night this field would glow... you might see red to orange when its hovering or flying slow... through to bright white when it is moving at high speed

You might see reports that say the flight path is undulating (wave like)

So basically you have a spherical or lens(disk) shaped craft, put a charge on the hull, you get great propulsion effects and no internal effects

This is very simplified but if you really think about it... you will get it

Now a lends shaped craft..
viewed from above or below would be a circle
viewed from the edge it would be a lens, or a football shape if your a sports nut instead of a science geek
viewed from 30 dgrees it would be an elongated oval or cigar shape

Yet its all the same craft, just the perspective has changed...

The Triangles? those are ours... and use a different system, though still use plasma on the skins

Like this one from AFRL that uses NO AILERONS for flight control, just Plasma Actuators

5/1/2006
AFRL Develops Plasma Actuator Computational Model
www.wpafb.af.mil...

6/6/2006
AFRL Proves Feasibility of Plasma Actuators
www.wpafb.af.mil...

Or this one taken from the Shuttle STS61C

Hope that helps
I have more but no time right now

edit on 1-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
two words
Warp bubble

Close

June 5, 1955 in Namur, Belgium

From Karl12's new thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
actually I am more surprised everything is not a ball, if there is no need for lift, pitch and yaw, than a ball I would assume would work well...

That's also the way I've been thinking, but I came to realize that physical beings would rather build a cube, or a rectangular shape, since round ceilings and walls, aren't really optimal for putting up your TV and speakers, or intergalactic playstation. Too much wasted space, if shape doesn't matter - Which I assume, since no matter what shape your craft has, it will be teared to smitherings if it can accelerate from 0 to a gazillion km/h, unless you have warp-bubbles or whatever technology that negates the acceleration.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I spent over 20 years studying UFO's.I had a book that had a comment
that you could study and research UFO's but not the flying discs.I keep
thinking the book could have been,"They Knew Too Much About UFO's".
The book was written back in the post war 1940's.
There is a difference between the UFO's and the flying discs,they are not the
same thing. I am not sure of the title and I only remember the part about the discs.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I dont know if you have noticed but these days about 98% off all UFO reports are just a dot of light.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join