It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord's Prayer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

For thine is the kingdom
the power, and the glory
forever and ever, amen.

Let's include this anyway, even though Jesus didn't say it as part of the prayer.

If we swap the word for with BECAUSE, then the reason is described for each of the prior statements.

Some might argue that this is apriori, circuluar reasoning which assumes the existence of God, but they are mistaken, and I'll explain why, just give me a little pause to think it through, how best to describe this type of rationale.

edit on 22-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thought you might be interested in the origianal one:

The Prayer To Our Father
(translated into first century Aramaic)

Abwûn
"Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes,

d'bwaschmâja
who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.

Nethkâdasch schmach
May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.

Têtê malkuthach.
Your Heavenly Domain approaches.

Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha.
Let Your will come true - in the universe (all that vibrates)
just as on earth (that is material and dense).

Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna.
Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need,

Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikâna
daf chnân schwoken l'chaijabên.
detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma)
like we let go the guilt of others.

Wela tachlân l'nesjuna
Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),

ela patzân min bischa.
but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.

Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn.
From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act,
the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Amên.
Sealed in trust, faith and truth.
(I confirm with my entire being)

www.thenazareneway.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Bump thread..

Thy kingdom come..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thought you might be interested in the original one:

The Prayer To Our Father
(translated into first century Aramaic)

Abwûn
"Oh Thou, from whom the breath of life comes,

d'bwaschmâja
who fills all realms of sound, light and vibration.

Nethkâdasch schmach
May Your light be experienced in my utmost holiest.

Têtê malkuthach.
Your Heavenly Domain approaches.

Nehwê tzevjânach aikâna d'bwaschmâja af b'arha.
Let Your will come true - in the universe (all that vibrates)
just as on earth (that is material and dense).

Hawvlân lachma d'sûnkanân jaomâna.
Give us wisdom (understanding, assistance) for our daily need,

Waschboklân chaubên wachtahên aikâna
daf chnân schwoken l'chaijabên.
detach the fetters of faults that bind us, (karma)
like we let go the guilt of others.

Wela tachlân l'nesjuna
Let us not be lost in superficial things (materialism, common temptations),

ela patzân min bischa.
but let us be freed from that what keeps us off from our true purpose.

Metol dilachie malkutha wahaila wateschbuchta l'ahlâm almîn.
From You comes the all-working will, the lively strength to act,
the song that beautifies all and renews itself from age to age.

Amên.
Sealed in trust, faith and truth.
(I confirm with my entire being)

www.thenazareneway.com...

Now we have some sense of perspective. This is a beautiful interpretation of what is for me non-disclosing fodder (english translation of what exactly Hebrew??). I suppose it all comes down to the language used and translated. I am certain Jesus spoke three; Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek. Its all in the favored translation of choice. This one rings true to my understanding of this prayers true meaning. It is explaining the nether world, one of spirit not gross matter, it is like a Rote; a small packet of information that transends itself. Im fairly certain Aramaic was the first language of Jesus, not Hebrew; so this makes sense.
edit on 30-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I've been taught a different perspective on this wonderful prayer. To understand more what this prayer is all about, we need to look at when and why did Jesus teach this prayer. In Matt6's, we can see that Jesus was teaching about how to and not to pray/ask God for things. This is when Jesus taught what/how to ask. In verse 31-34 Jesus is saying that by becoming a righteous servant of God, all the natural conerns we have, God will take care of them for us. When we put God first, he will put us first and be a God to us as it is written. So with this understanding let's discuss what this prayer is about:

Our father, which art in heaven

Our God who is within us "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you." Luke17v20

Hallowed be thy name

Sacred by thy name

Thy kingdom come

This is part of the next line.

Thy will be done

The kingdom is where the perfect will of God can be found WITHIN a man. God's will over man's will. "There can only be one king of the castle so-to-speak." We are surrendering ourselves to God's will but it must be done within and is only found within yourself to get to this point of decision. Both these lines are calling forth the thinking of God, the Christ Mind in Phil2v5.

As in heaven, so in earth

Yes IN Earth not ON Earth. This was was changed to ON after the KJV and the spiritual message was lost. The Earth is symbolic for "The mind of a man" because it is were where the Word of God is sown on the different conditions of minds Mark4v14. This is also where Satan is to be found working as well. (Job 1v6) Heaven is the thinking/dominion of God. This would be the same as saying "as it is in your ways God, so to will it be in the minds of mankind." This is calling forth the thinking of God.

Give us day by day our daily bread

Bread is symbolic for the teachings and doctrine of God. It has to be the "Unleaven Bread" as well which is without Yeast and Yeast is symbolic for Godly teachings that are unprideful and humble. Matt 16v12
This is calling forth God to provide nourishment for the soul on a daily bases, not just one day Sundays so we can deal with all the trials and tribulations of life. Now we can see that times haven't changed and this prayer is and will be timeless because we have always been concerned about being naturally provided for. But Jesus teaches us that we will be provided for naturally by serving God first in righteouness.
edit on 2-9-2013 by TheBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What is falsely called the Lords prayer is not "a prayer".In one sense there is no such thing as" a prayer".Yahoshua is making a proclamation about what prayer is. .. communion with God.It isn't a litany of words and requests asking for things.Yahoshua clearly stated the father is very aware of all your needs, wants and thoughts.Prayer is God communicating with man and God is always the initiator.He has nothing to hear from us he doesn't already know and we have everything to hear from him.If anything our words are for us to know what he is saying to us.

That is why Yahoshua said do not make a public spectacle...and no he did not mean go to the prayer closet like the Jews.That is an extrapolation of the doctrines of men that Yahoshua was modifying the Jewish religion and keeping its law to make a new religion.That is exactly what he wasn't doing.

Mans interpretation of what "a prayer " is indicative of how man wants methods to commune with God when the fact is...there are none.They only separate them further.Man seeks a knowledge of good and evil by methods where Gods purpose is causing man to "know" God not a method of religion.

When you hear what Yahoshua is saying as a proclamation and not a method you'll begin to understand what he means.It is not a new religion of the New Covenant.Yahoshua was not a mystic.He didn't have an esoteric teaching to emulate to be a son of God.Those are all the doctrines of man.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join