It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They will never silence true Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Christian warriors rejoice!

Be exceeding glad for your persecutions for the LORD!

Our reward will be great in heaven!

They can try and silence the chosen ones, but they will never succeed!

Ephesians 6:10-15 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace"

Matthew 5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

I'm just posting this because I feel like the mods here have had enough of me speaking the Truth, and TPTB probably want me gone from here!

Just speaking my mind before TPTB decide I am too dangerous and must be silenced!

If I'm wrong and my account doesn't get deleted or banned.....then so be it! I'll keep fighting for all that is good and holy!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Just speaking my mind before TPTB decide I am too dangerous and must be silenced!

Personally, I find religious fanatics with bombs strapped to their chest WAY more dangerous than someone quoting the bible on a forum that deals mainly with conspiracy theories.

My suggestion? Instead of shouting something along the lines of "You can't silence me!", just forgive, forget and move on.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Wow. The sun shines brightly from your ar$ehole.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Jesus came preaching a message of forgiveness, love, and healing.

They said he was demon possessed and they tortured crucified and murdered him,

Peaceful Christians tried spreading the Gospel and love in Rome, and were burnt at the stakes by Nero,

It's still the same today,

Christian persecution never stopped

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ABUJA, NIGERIA (Worthy News)-- Suspected Islamic militants attacked a Christian worship service in in northern Nigeria Sunday, April 29, killing over a dozen people and injuring many others, an evangelist told Worthy News from the region.

"This morning Christians were attacked while worshiping in Bayero University in Kano in Kano state. At least 15 people are dead and many injured," said evangelist Paul Jongas, who is also a Worthy News stringer.

Witnesses said the attackers arrived at Bayero University by motorcycle and a car, hurling explosive devices and opening fire.

There has been no immediate claim of responsibility, but the radical Islamic group Boko Haram has targeted Nigerian Christians in the past.

MORE KILLINGS

Last Christmas, at least four bomb blasts killed 39 people, including dozens at a Catholic church near Abuja.

The Boko Haram, whose name means "Western education is sinful," claimed responsibility for those attacks.

The group has said it wants to establish an Islamic state in northern Nigeria and does not recognize the government or the country's
constitution. It also demands that Christians leave the northern regions and has urged more Muslims to settle there instead.

Nigeria's population of 150 million is about evenly divided between Muslims, who mostly live in the north, and Christians who dominate in the south.

Hundreds of others died last year in bombings and shootings blamed on Boko Haram, according to Christians and rights activists.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
ABUJA, NIGERIA (Worthy News)-- Suspected Islamic militants attacked a Christian worship service in in northern Nigeria Sunday, April 29, killing over a dozen people and injuring many others, an evangelist told Worthy News from the region.

"This morning Christians were attacked while worshiping in Bayero University in Kano in Kano state. At least 15 people are dead and many injured," said evangelist Paul Jongas, who is also a Worthy News stringer.

Witnesses said the attackers arrived at Bayero University by motorcycle and a car, hurling explosive devices and opening fire.

There has been no immediate claim of responsibility, but the radical Islamic group Boko Haram has targeted Nigerian Christians in the past.

MORE KILLINGS

Last Christmas, at least four bomb blasts killed 39 people, including dozens at a Catholic church near Abuja.

The Boko Haram, whose name means "Western education is sinful," claimed responsibility for those attacks.

The group has said it wants to establish an Islamic state in northern Nigeria and does not recognize the government or the country's
constitution. It also demands that Christians leave the northern regions and has urged more Muslims to settle there instead.

Nigeria's population of 150 million is about evenly divided between Muslims, who mostly live in the north, and Christians who dominate in the south.

Hundreds of others died last year in bombings and shootings blamed on Boko Haram, according to Christians and rights activists.

Unfortunately, that's what crazed fundamentalism does to people.

On the flip side, to quote Doug Stanhope:

If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss, then why are you wearing a seatbelt?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

I never wear my seatbelt!

:p

Part of living in the only state with no click it or ticket law (woohoo NH!) and partly because I'm not afraid of death!

I look forward to Paradise! Haha!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Noinoi

I wear a seatbelt because it is against the law not to wear it,
Clickit or ticket!

Great thread op sometimes we do need some encouragement
from others onboard.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You are not telling the full story. There are many violent Christians and why speak out again "evil" when it was Jesus that supposedly said "Turn the other cheek" and "Resist not evil". Yet Christians are always trying to be in the government controlling things for EVERYBODY else.

Also there are violent Christians, remember the crusades? The bible does teach that you should kill people not worshiping God (Leviticus) and before you say "That rule doesn't apply anymore". Remember that Jesus said that he did not come to change the law, and even if this rule doesn't apply that means that God did not make that message clear even though he is supposed to do all things perfectly.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I follow many of your posts Iason. Saw your comments on the Crazy Christians thread earlier.

For those that hate Christians: I tell you it is far easier to do what is wrong, than it is to do what is right.
which is why many do not wish to do what is just good and right.
"Blessed are you when men persecute you and revile you for my namesake"
Christians persecuted? You bet, since 2000 years ago! But I like to live in the "now" and in so doing I urge anyone who doesn't believe Christians are being slaughtered and jailed across the world right now, to got to persecution.com and spend a little time there.
www.persecution.com...
then they should come back and read your post again with all the "blessings" in it.
especially the persecution part.
Godspeed
DH

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are mistaken: Regardless of what anyone calls themselves or under what guise of leadership, if they are violent, they are definitely Not ..Not Christians. Where does it say to "resist Not...evil"? Just curious

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Me I just love the fact that the conversation continues.

Thanks atheists, for stoking the fire and keeping the conversation very much alive!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Thank you my friend,

there are many more websites just like that!

Christian persecution never stopped!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Just shut up and leave people ALONE - stop forcing your views on them:

" But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:39

Romans 12:17-19. "Do not repay anyone evil for evil... If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone... Do not take revenge...."

Violence:

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36-38

"Love NOT the world." - 1 John 2:15

Kill others with different religious views - Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Violence is condoned by the bible.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36-38

"Love NOT the world." - 1 John 2:15

Kill others with different religious views - Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Violence is condoned by the bible.

You have no idea what you're even talking about. You think you can quote one or 2 verses and ignore the entire context for what is written to make your case? Get real. Atypical secular trick. Scriptures were written in scroll form originally. You're taking stuff way out of context.

Pointless me even to try to explain anything to you because you're stuck in whatever mode you like best so more power to you

/Fail

edit on 30-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What a typical response - "context". So in some "contexts" it is a OK to kill a person just for thought crime (just having different beliefs)?

In some "contexts" it is OK to have people eat their sons and daughters as punishment?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
To all responders to this thread:

Arguing with a Christian is like playing chess with a pigeon, you could be the greatest player in the world, the pigeon will still knock all the pieces over, $h!t on the board and strut around triumphantly.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You have no idea what you're even talking about. You think you can quote one or 2 verses and ignore the entire context for what is written to make your case?

Interesting way of looking at things.
I'll try and remember this the next time you quote 1 or 2 verses and ignore "context"....

Or does this not apply when you are trying to make your case.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Be exceeding glad for your persecutions for the LORD!

Christian persecution never stopped

More of this "christian" persecution complex.
Relax... just because some people disagree with you on an internet forum does not mean they are out to get you.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Yes, but noise isn't what Christianity is all about.
It's not even about that Book, although it is a good Book.

Christian is a way of being

more than a religion

and it always has been a small and humble way to be.
~and therein lies it's greatness ~

No one today really 'tells' anyone else about Christianity.
You act and be in the Lord.
You lift up your fellow man. You give to the poor, feed the hungry and help heal the sick. You end suffering where you find it and bring comfort and hope when and where it is needed. In other words - you love.

And you do it for free and because of the benefits it brings round and round again.
'Your reward is in heaven' is just a way to say 'you are not getting paid' from people who don't know how awesome rewards of living an unselfish life can be in the here and now.

Make people want to jump in and get moved along in that Christ current with you.
Living a good life as a shepherd to man is what Jesus was here to teach.
And as it is written, it is those in Christ, who only love and ask for nothing in return
that are getting persecuted and victimized and brought asunder at the hands of men today.

edit on 1-5-2012 by newcovenant because: "God" is THE OLD ONES.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join