It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough wind turbine produces drinking water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Breakthrough wind turbine produces drinking water
By Stephen C. Webster
Monday, April 30, 2012 11:18 EDT -- The Raw Story

Apparently somebody figured out a way to get water from a wind turbine.

The concept seems legitimate, as it is similar to an air conditioner accumulating water from the air.

Neat video in the story also.

What if your source of electricity also gave you clean drinking water?

That’s the promise of new technology developed by the French engineering firm Eole Water, first conceived in the late 90s by a man who collected water from his air conditioner. He reasoned that if an air conditioner could help him accumulate water, so could other types of machines, so he set about merging the production of electricity and water.

Today, that dream is alive and well. Eole’s turbines are currently undergoing rigorous tests in Abu Dhabi following months of development and fine tuning in France. The company says that each turbine is capable of producing up to 1,000 liters of clean drinking water per day, or about 62 per hour, simply by filtering moisture out of the air and funneling it to a storage tank below.

Well let's look at the Money

Thibault Janin, Eole’s director of marketing, told CNN reporter Eoghan Macguire that the turbines can cost up to $790,000, and that the company is targeting poor, water-starved regions like Africa, South America and Indonesia first.

“We have just started the commercial aspect of this product but the price is not that expensive when you compare it with the long term solution that it gives,” he reportedly said.

Over 884 million people struggle for or go without access to clean water on a daily basis, according to the U.S. Director of National Intelligence. The director warned recently that the world faces a growing potential for water being used as a “weapon” unless rapid improvements in technology can mitigate the growth of drought weary communities.
Yes well...

I was really hoping to see some Volunteers from the Green Movements who would be really willing to go to work in the factories and produce this technology for the good of mankind itself.

As this seems to be a very important issue, why is it that the people "selling" the ideas Always demand big money first ?

And even when some new idea fails, they Still insist on keeping the money.

very interesting

Keep the Corruption out, and it might actually work !

Demonstration of Eole Water WMS1000 Technology

Now, let's make sure the wind turbines don't cause global warming.

That might negate the whole concept.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i wonder if thousands of these could possibly change weather patterns by taking what little moisture in the air, out.

probably not but...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Brilliant technology too bad TPTB will not allow these to be mass produced especially for the developing nations that could truly benefit from this resource. wow I wouldnt mine having one is there a home version?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Moisture farms from SW anyone?

Using condensation to extract water, neat.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
i wonder if thousands of these could possibly change weather patterns by taking what little moisture in the air, out.

probably not but...

I wonder if thousands of doors opening and shutting, letting air conditioning escape could possibly change the weather pattern? Say, like in a city, like Chicago during a hot summer day.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

The politicians in Chicago change the weather all the time.

It happens every time they have a debate about something.

top topics

join